Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

raiders v haven

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,117 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:22 PM

Haney is the only fullback we have as Dean McGilvary is a winger (when he returns from injury) and is NOT a fullback as we have seen from the performances before he got injured.

Low, Larkin, Wiper are at best Championship 1 players.

Clay looks useful but we rarely get the ball out to the wings ....no wonder James Nixon quit.

If young Tom Brannon is fit yet he should be given a wing berth to see what he can do (if we can get the passes out to the flanks).

We were beaten today by a very average side (like ourselves) but they wanted it more and made less mistakes than us in the 2nd half.

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#22 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,848 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:31 PM

Will stick to this thread posting as some of the stuff being posted on the other thread is silly.

As it stands the forwards are good enough for this division. They are young but they have adjusted. I think we may have to put Bull in the centres. The props are fine, Butler and Brennan should start with Dawson and Spencer coming on to make an impact. Whitehead, Mcgoff and Haggerty can be called upon to fill in when needed. Second rowers we've got Haggerty, Jones and Bull currently. Personally I'd keep Jones on for the whole 80, he's an absolute workhorse and his tackling is badly needed. I bet if he plays the full 80 he will average 40 tackles a game. Then to give Haggerty a rest I'd put Mossop in at 13 and move Toal into second row for a spell. Think Mossop is defencively good enough for 13 and will be good to have a ball handling 13 for a spell mix things up abit. I think today Haney just had a bad day, nothing to do with quality he just had one of them so I'd keep him at full back. Larkin was found wanting again today so I'd give Brannon the game against Leigh (I don't think we're going to get anything from Leigh) and see how he goes. Mcgilvary to come back to his preferred position of wing when he's fit. Clay is fine on the other wing. Then its out of Wiper and Lowe for the other centre and I really wouldn't know who to choose. Wiper slightly better attack Lowe is better in defence. Pick whoever is best on form. Then Harrison in at centre.

Guess that's a way to make the backs a tad better. The game on easter monday is a must win.

#23 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,117 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:34 PM

ive posted similar on the other thread raiderskid

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#24 joe142

joe142
  • Coach
  • 393 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:24 AM

why not try bring in livvy from walney again, very unlucky with that injury last year! i'd also like to see adam nicholson in from dalton i'm sure both lads could hack it in this league and certainly can't be worse than what we have
If you're gonna be dumb you gotta be tough, when you get knocked down you gotta get back up...

#25 haven94

haven94
  • Coach
  • 312 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:06 PM

1214 less than 50 whitehaven fans there though id Say

more like 80/90 maybe more mate there was 44 on the bus not quite full who were behind the sticks both halves and when we walked down the bottom end i passed a lot of haven fans that went down in cars. the worst barrow we have played for a long time except liam harrison. your full back had a shocker we didnt think it would be so easy 2nd half jamie rooney had a blinder

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users