Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

daren holt

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 dee46

dee46
  • Players
  • 58 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:45 PM

Only one person to blame for this how can he change a winning team that is on top danny jones was on top of his game taken of after 30 mins and did not come back om if you want to keep goood players you dont treat them like that

#2 bangbang

bangbang
  • Coach
  • 530 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:16 PM

Maybe he was injured ?
Rip the bludgers heads off!

#3 dee46

dee46
  • Players
  • 58 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:25 PM

No he wasent mate its a joke how the coatch changes a team thats is on top

#4 richie keay

richie keay

Tipping Comp Winner

• Coach
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:11 PM

He was pretty scathing of the backs when interviewed on Radio Cumbria, particularly the 2 wingers and full back, all the forwards played well today and shouldn't have ended up on the losing team.
Posted Image

#5 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:28 PM

cant understand why Jones wasnt brought back on...he was superb in the 1st 30 ????

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#6 dee46

dee46
  • Players
  • 58 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:31 PM

So that shows what a good coach he is taking a lad of who was tackling everything and got mom last week because the wingers and the full back was having a bad game and starting brad brennan on bench wen he was clearly the best prp last week

#7 Bob247

Bob247
  • Coach
  • 147 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:45 PM

So we are blaming the coach for our defeat today when really it was the fault of the 3 players in my opinion who were at fault fof 3 try,s

#8 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:56 PM

whoah Adam Clay didnt do anything wrong that I saw ? however the Low/ Larkin partnership isnt working at all and Haney had his worst game in a Raiders shirt...usually so dependable ???????

Boy do we need a Ballard !!!

Lee Morton

#9 UnionMan

UnionMan
  • Players
  • 76 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:02 PM

I really don't think you can blame the coach for the schoolboy errors and missed tackles, we should have won the game by a mile.
Rooney's kicking game from hand was good but he appeared to have all the time in the world, Markers should have been chasing him down whereas our field kicks were all hurried and generally poor

#10 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 849 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:06 PM

How was Rodney Pora for haven? Is he the hero he was dubbed out to be? Unlucky to here of your defeat but holty can get u out I'm sure

#11 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,038 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:09 PM

Is he the PNG prop? If so he is pretty big will be a good impact prop to make a break or to. Got absolutely smashed by Brad Brennan though.

#12 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 849 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:13 PM

Yeah that's the guy, he is talked about as a major player ad Thackery is to us on his day!! Who ever the massive guy who plays prop for Batley got creamed by Brett carter too it was amazing, you should be proud that lad was made in barrow what a player!!

#13 dee46

dee46
  • Players
  • 58 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:44 PM

Cause you can blame the coach he is the one who picks the team and who makes the subs and takes the best tackler off and doesent bring him back on

#14 rooster2003

rooster2003
  • Coach
  • 398 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:50 PM

Out of his depth, simple as that

#15 recently divorced

recently divorced
  • Players
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:55 PM

Don't know what difference Ballard would make, fair enough chez was poor but Ballard was a total wet wipe in defence and threw some of the worst passes I've seen in my 30years on the popular side. Can't believe Holty left whitehead out, I'm still dizzy off watching his side steps from the batley game.

For me Holty has served his cause, I'd sack him and see what that jonesy fella who used to have a bit to do with barrow island is up to. That guy could carry a water bucket with the best of them....

But seriously, sack Holty

#16 storz7

storz7
  • Players
  • 51 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:25 PM

For me Holty has served his cause, I'd sack him and see what that jonesy fella who used to have a bit to do with barrow island is up to. That guy could carry a water bucket with the best of them....

Hahahahahaha brilliant

#17 mjc

mjc
  • Coach
  • 302 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:34 PM

Honestly if DH went who really would want the job and could we really afford a quality coach if we could attract one

#18 barrowbob

barrowbob
  • Coach
  • 410 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:40 PM

We beat ourselves. Mistakes galore from our back three.
I suggest holty does some catching practice at training this week.
Larkin is frustrating to watch as he likes to shoot in off his wing and then not actually commit to the challenge when he gets there. Haney last year did the same but he went through with the hit.
Another "must win" home game lost. It's not looking good.

#19 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:06 PM

not so much Fortress Craven Park at the moment is it ?

Lee Morton

#20 walneyboy

walneyboy
  • Coach
  • 236 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:22 PM

Don't know what difference Ballard would make, fair enough chez was poor but Ballard was a total wet wipe in defence and threw some of the worst passes I've seen in my 30years on the popular side. Can't believe Holty left whitehead out, I'm still dizzy off watching his side steps from the batley game.

even though i think you are still bitter from your divorce i actually think you have a point, especially about that water carrier gunga din!! he's bound to make a difference, one of the most knowledgeable rugby brains in the town!!

Edited by walneyboy, 17 March 2013 - 10:23 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users