Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Denmark's First Qualification of Refs

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,308 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:23 PM

I had intended to do a press release, but time has defeated me.

Last weekend, we held a course to qualify referees in Copenhagen. This was the first held in Denmark and was run by Jostein Ryan and organised by Mark Hewson, of the Scandinavian Rugby League Referees Association (SRLRA).

Denmark now has a number of newly qualified refs and later in the year, it is intended to run a similar course in Jutland.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

”I am all for expansion but not to start and string the teams all over the place” – stewpot01 – 11 July 2014

"2013 is on course to be one of the most disastrous in its history." - Creditwhereitsdews - 2nd January 2013

#2 Evil Homer

Evil Homer
  • Coach
  • 408 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:49 PM

Jostein Ryan, that's a blast from the past.

#3 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,308 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:55 PM

Jostein Ryan, that's a blast from the past.

You know Jostein? Or recall his initial efforts to start the game in Norway?

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

”I am all for expansion but not to start and string the teams all over the place” – stewpot01 – 11 July 2014

"2013 is on course to be one of the most disastrous in its history." - Creditwhereitsdews - 2nd January 2013

#4 Roughyedz

Roughyedz
  • Coach
  • 636 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:51 AM

Seems the rest of Europe are doing very well WITHOUT the help of anyone fron THe RFL it seems ............. Unolike Down Under where THE NRL seem to be only too willing to help the numerous countries down there
Posted Image

#5 Evil Homer

Evil Homer
  • Coach
  • 408 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:25 AM

You know Jostein? Or recall his initial efforts to start the game in Norway?

I remember him posting years ago about introducing RL to the children at his school. Good to see that he's still involved and can be a part of what's happening at the moment.

Seems the rest of Europe are doing very well WITHOUT the help of anyone fron THe RFL it seems ............. Unolike Down Under where THE NRL seem to be only too willing to help the numerous countries down there

I don't even know where to start with what's wrong with this.

Edited by Evil Homer, 18 March 2013 - 05:23 PM.

#6 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,547 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:30 AM

I remember him posting years ago about introducing RL to the children at his school. Good to see that he's still involved and can be a part of what's happening at the moment.

I knew I knew the name but couldn't place him.

rldfsignature.jpg

#7 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,308 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:36 AM

Personally, I am in regular contact with Danny K at the RLEF, who always manages to make himself readily available.

#8 brooza

brooza
  • 4,244 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:35 AM

Great to hear :)

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users