Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Campagn to fix the showers

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,171 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:48 PM

So,Bedford,what`s your solution : let it remain as it is or do something ? If it`s `do something`,what do you propose ?

It can't remain as it is. Everyone knows it is below standard. I just don't see how complaining to the RFL will help us in any way, apart from getting us made homeless again.
With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

#22 SINGE

SINGE
  • Coach
  • 695 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:31 PM

Then the poster who brought this matter to the attention of this forum (rugbyman1)should contact the RFL and express his concerns that meeting minimum standards at Whitebank Stadium is a criteria patently not being met...detailing the specific matter of the showers malfunction and any "Historical Archive" of similar substandard provision.

Rugby Football League
Red Hall
Red Hall Lane
Leeds
LS17 8NB

Tel: 0844 477 7113
Fax: 0844 477 0013
Email: enquiries@rfl.uk.com

Isn't that the same as being a grass?!!!!!!!
SEcond thoughts, if it gets something done..
Surprised Scott Naylor has not managed to push to get this sorted, he was pushing for a more professional approach.

Is it far too expensive to repair?

#23 HARRYRUBY

HARRYRUBY
  • Coach
  • 188 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:53 PM

Bedford Roughyed.

If your post was in responce to mine I did not say anything about complaining to the RFL.

I said the RFL where probably aware of the situation at Whitebank.

They know the condition of Whitebank and for the sake of the club and the fans they are allowing us to play there.

My post was mainly concerned with appealing to the fans for monetry help from the fans to fund various aspects of the club.

That I totally disagree with.

The club and its management should solve their own problems.

#24 rugbyman1

rugbyman1
  • Coach
  • 207 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:22 PM

I just don't think it's acceptable for the players to slog their guts out for 80 minutes and then not be able to have a shower. It really is the minimum I think we all agree. After all we've been here three years now and this has been a problem since day 1.

Hopefully we will have a good season and finally progress a level on the field. But we may not be able to hold on to these young lads if we don't even have the decency to allow them to wash properly after a game. This is 2013 after all not 1963!

How it's funded is open for debate with as you can see a number of opinions.But the long and short of it is it needs sorting sooner rather than later.
One for all and all for the one

#25 SINGE

SINGE
  • Coach
  • 695 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:32 PM

and you all slagged Stanky when he complained about there being no showers last season

Not quite, there have been ownership details to resolve first. It was not technically ours to repair.

#26 old bird

old bird
  • Players
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:17 AM

I cannot believe this thread is still going my 11 year boy plays for oldham st annes and he is assured after every game of hot showers and food for £x amount a month are you telling me Oldham RLFC who my boy should aspire to play for cant even provide hot showers after a game

#27 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,590 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:12 AM

it pains me to suggest that ORLFC are'nt even the "biggest" RL club in oldham anymore...

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#28 Roughyedz

Roughyedz
  • Coach
  • 636 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:05 AM

have to agree with you roughyedspud..........see the post in Oldham v South Wales . . . someone thinks that WE .....ie Mr Hamilton can aford to rent BP never mind fix the showers :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Posted Image

#29 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,590 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:28 AM

if we're in the championship then we probably could afford to rent bp....first and foremost we should look at redeveloping whitebank....but if that does'nt happen...and if latics get their new main stand built,which it gonna house new office for the latics management then we should seriously look into coming up with a plan to argee to taking over the old main stand and keep whitebank purely for training & reserve games...

OLDHAM RLFC

#30 Roughyedz

Roughyedz
  • Coach
  • 636 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:32 AM

How on earth could a Rugby Club with crowds of 500 ............ ( to pay for one home and one away match wages ) afford to rent BP ?????????? A crowd of 500 will not even meet the cost of the wages now , let alone any rental etc etc etc
Posted Image

#31 Special One

Special One
  • Players
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:24 PM

New owner please.

#32 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 353 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:42 PM

New owner please.

Oh yes they're queuing up to take over the club. They are battering his door down i'm sure.

#33 Roughyedz

Roughyedz
  • Coach
  • 636 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:47 PM

Oh yes they're queuing up to take over the club. They are battering his door down i'm sure.

There were one or two ...................but somebody told them in a round about way TO GET LOST / TO GO AWAY . .. as he would do everything on his own ........ I assume thats why nothing has been done to the ground since the very first game at the Whitebank ( that goes for speccies and players alike I think )

Edited by Roughyedz, 31 March 2013 - 10:48 PM.

Posted Image

#34 oldham13

oldham13
  • Coach
  • 688 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:31 AM

Is the above information corroborated?

If there are one or two people interested in investing why are they not progressing the matter!!!!

Serious investors would not be put off by a simply being to told to go away, How recent is the source of this information?

We Are Oldham Roughyeds

#35 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,590 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:17 PM

maybe a meeting with CH put them off?

OLDHAM RLFC

#36 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 353 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:30 PM

I think saying nothing has been done on Whitebank is a huge insult to all the work volunteers have actually done. Of course we want a decent ground but are there really people waiting to take the club off his hands? If your post is correct, why have these folks not spoken out if they are so keen to spend their cash?

#37 Roughyedz

Roughyedz
  • Coach
  • 636 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:01 PM

These people and one in particular asked to see the books as everyone knows ...............and !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! everyone knows the rest.

With regards to the work done by "The Volunteers" I am the first to admit that getting the ground up to spec for the opening match wads a fantastic achievement by THEM . Since that first match on 9th May 2010 when I think along with myself there was around another 1,660 who attended .....nothing HAS been done to improve the ground at all ( unless you know better ) and some people may say neither has anything been done to improve the team. Just ask the 500 who turn up now , or better stil ask the 1,160 who have been lost to the club in those 3 years. Have they all gone to watch Waterhead and Saddleworth ( see thread giving att at their game )

Edited by Roughyedz, 01 April 2013 - 08:09 PM.

Posted Image

#38 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 353 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:32 PM

Dear Sir, I was one of the volunteers then and still am today. I was also one of the fans and have been since 1960. Please don't speak with such irony when all you seem to want to do is ridicule Chris Hamilton and those working so hard today. I have played both professional and amateur and will continue to support both which I don't presume you do not do yourself cnsideringh your continual negative dialogue. No one who has the club or game at heart wants to see us in our current plight but to consistently put down those who are trying to do something about it is down right rude. Who has repaired the turnstiles, who has re decorated the clubhouse, who prepares the ground week in and week out, who has dug holes for fans ashes to be interred, etc etc. LETS USE BOLD, NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE HA HA HA! SIGNED CURRENT FAN AND SUPPORTER.

Edited by TOSH1960, 01 April 2013 - 11:00 PM.

#39 exrlref

exrlref
  • Players
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:32 AM

As an ex supporter of ORLFC who still takes an interest in what goes on, I find it ironic that there is still no progress on the ground development. It is now two years since I visited the ground, until then I was a regular attender. I had questions regarding the ground and lottery that I put to CH but these were never answered. There is still no terracing , cover or proper toilets on the ground so how can you expect older people to attend. They can't even sit down unless you want to view the match from past the dead ball line. The silence coming from the club is deafening. Could someone be honest and let everyone know if the showers are working with hot water? if not what an insult to the Oldham players and visitors. Is it any wonder that the attendance is so poor.
I may add I still enjoy my rugby but it is now at Saddleworth where I am made very welcome, can sit down under cover if I wish, can see all the ground, be invited into a warm clean clubhouse , can park my car on a hard stand and still only pay £1.00.
I wish ORLFC every success but until things are put on a professional basis I'll continue to watch elsewhere. I would ask why has everything to be done by volunteers who then tell people they should get down and help? If that is what they want to do then fine by me and others but don't have a go at people if they choose not to do so. This is their right as it is with the volunteers, so do think before you use bold.
Ch must be laughing all the way to his bank if he hasn't to pay out for ground maintainence etc.

#40 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 353 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:57 PM

As an ex supporter of ORLFC who still takes an interest in what goes on, I find it ironic that there is still no progress on the ground development. It is now two years since I visited the ground, until then I was a regular attender. I had questions regarding the ground and lottery that I put to CH but these were never answered. There is still no terracing , cover or proper toilets on the ground so how can you expect older people to attend. They can't even sit down unless you want to view the match from past the dead ball line. The silence coming from the club is deafening. Could someone be honest and let everyone know if the showers are working with hot water? if not what an insult to the Oldham players and visitors. Is it any wonder that the attendance is so poor.
I may add I still enjoy my rugby but it is now at Saddleworth where I am made very welcome, can sit down under cover if I wish, can see all the ground, be invited into a warm clean clubhouse , can park my car on a hard stand and still only pay £1.00.
I wish ORLFC every success but until things are put on a professional basis I'll continue to watch elsewhere. I would ask why has everything to be done by volunteers who then tell people they should get down and help? If that is what they want to do then fine by me and others but don't have a go at people if they choose not to do so. This is their right as it is with the volunteers, so do think before you use bold.
Ch must be laughing all the way to his bank if he hasn't to pay out for ground maintainence etc.

Hi exrlref, Roughyedz was saying that nothing had been done but it has. This has been done by volunteers and i said nothing about others not volunteering. He was using bold to make his point so i did likewise to make mine. Obviously it is every individuals choice if they want to volunteer or not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users