Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Adam Lawton

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:48 PM

He hasnt been mentioned so far in threads. I thought the lad played well today especially as he hasnt played for a while and i would like to see him back in a town shirt. He's a big lad. His one on one steal near their line was nice to see and his big strides making yards was good to watch

#2 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,161 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:57 PM

Very promising indeed. And only getting better I'd say .Definitely that third impact second row we've been looking for .
Also very impressed with Acton , real good today .

#3 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:00 PM

Yeah Acton consistently good. Lets have Lawton back too.

#4 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 862 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:16 PM

A man mountain in our next weeks 17 I hope

#5 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:21 PM

Lawton played very well today, great feet, and awareness for a big lad.
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#6 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:24 PM

A man mountain in our next weeks 17 I hope

He will have to be!! Only kidding looking forward to you guys coming over next weekend. Been a long time since we played you guys and hopefully you will enjoy your trip over.

#7 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 862 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:29 PM

Me too, this is our big day out so hopefully it will be an enjoyable game

#8 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:33 PM

Me too, this is our big day out so hopefully it will be an enjoyable game

a case of damage limitation just like it will be for all cumbrian clubs. Be glad when its out of the way. Just being honest. To get through it injury free will be good IMO

#9 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,618 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:37 PM

yeah lawton had an impressive game, although i think he might be jps long lost brother. i dont think shacks has made the impact he did last year and hopefully he can regain some form as well. hopefully calders will be back for haven as hes far more comfortable under the high ball as declans technique was pretty poor today when trying to take the catch
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#10 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:37 PM

a case of damage limitation just like it will be for all cumbrian clubs. Be glad when its out of the way. Just being honest. To get through it injury free will be good IMO

The problem is you couldn't have played us at a worse time either with us losing on Thursday night as I'm sure we will want to right a few wrongs as we only lose 2 games in the league as a rule. I really do hope we don't put 50 plus on you guys though as I hate the one sided games as our team get complacent in the second half and I think that had sumat to do with us losing on thurs with us racking up the points week in week out we probably thought it was going to be easy.

Edited by thundergaz, 17 March 2013 - 09:38 PM.

#11 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,618 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:40 PM

even if stack is fit enough to play i wouldnt play him. i would even get as many widnes lads as possible to give our lads a break and make sure were all fit for good friday. if we can stay within 30 points it would a decent job done

#12 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:41 PM

yeah lawton had an impressive game, although i think he might be jps long lost brother. i dont think shacks has made the impact he did last year and hopefully he can regain some form as well. hopefully calders will be back for haven as hes far more comfortable under the high ball as declans technique was pretty poor today when trying to take the catch

probably why he hasn't played on the wing to often ;)

#13 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,161 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:41 PM

I was thinking that about Shacks Wonky . To often took it standing still and struggling a bit to cause any major problems against these big , quality teams

Edited by DavidM, 17 March 2013 - 09:45 PM.

#14 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 862 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:42 PM

Well I think we are gonna win!! A bit of fevs respect and out else would be great!!

#15 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:43 PM

Gaz like most clubs fev away is a big ask. Our priority is whitehaven at home on good Friday. I predict no cumbrian club will beat the top four home or away.

#16 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:47 PM

Gaz like most clubs fev away is a big ask. Our priority is whitehaven at home on good Friday. I predict no cumbrian club will beat the top four home or away.

I just hope you guys enjoy the trip over regardless of the result as its been a long time since we last played each other. You guys have nothing to lose next weekend and I'm not expecting a roll over of a game unless its sunny 😄😄😄. But on a serious note a BP for you guys would be a fantastic result and a big step forward to surviving in this league. Good luck for next week guys and I hope you enjoy the game/trip over and you will be made very welcome.

Edited by thundergaz, 17 March 2013 - 09:47 PM.

#17 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,618 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:49 PM

probably why he hasn't played on the wing to often ;)

you dont have to be a winger to catch a ball. our best taker of bombs is a second rower.

#18 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:51 PM

That's the aim gaz to stay in the league and build on it. It been a steep learning curve so far. Competing with the intensity level of the opposition is what we need to strive for.

#19 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,161 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:51 PM

If we get a BP fantastic wont be the word Gaz ! The Popes first miracle more like ...

#20 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:57 PM

If we get a BP fantastic wont be the word Gaz ! The Popes first miracle more like ...

Well after watching hewer on Thursday night penalise us every two minutes I wouldn't rule it out David if he's in charge next weekend too.