Adam Lawton

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#21 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:02 PM

you dont have to be a winger to catch a ball. our best taker of bombs is a second rower.

agreed mate - you just need to be a lot more assured when your the last man and having to cope with the high swirling ball. Didn't handle it too well today but seen the last three games and he did pretty well under the high ball .Learning I suppose what its all about.

Thought Lawton for his first game in nearly 18 months and hes still not 100% right did well today . Must be difficult only having one training session with the team on a Saturday morning and then playing Sunday. Hope there more to come from him given game time.

Edited by wonderofwood, 17 March 2013 - 10:04 PM.

#22 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:11 PM

Don't criticise him gaz or you will be in trouble.
i see him out jogging regular and have to bite my tounge

#23 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,156 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:13 PM

Don't criticise him gaz or you will be in trouble.
i see him out jogging regular and have to bite my tounge

I swallowed mine on Thursday night 😄😄😄

#24 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,012 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:30 PM

even if stack is fit enough to play i wouldnt play him. i would even get as many widnes lads as possible to give our lads a break and make sure were all fit for good friday. if we can stay within 30 points it would a decent job done

Yes, we need to box clever over our next 3 games. Fev away, then Haven at home on Good Friday and also Leigh away on Easter Monday. Three hard games with the haven game being our most likeliest for a win so, yes, let's use the DR system next week to its fullest. It won't do us any good being bottom of the league and saying well at least we didn't use the DR system like others have done. I would definitely give Connor and Forber a game together next week at half-back just to see how they go.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#25 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,012 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:37 PM

Adam Lawton did very well for his first game in a long time. He would be a very welcome addition to our already strong pack of forwards and I would be doing everything possible to get him here on a season long loan, never mind DR, and I believe he is out of contract at Widnes at the end of this season. You never know!!!!

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#26 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:48 PM

Adam Lawton did very well for his first game in a long time. He would be a very welcome addition to our already strong pack of forwards and I would be doing everything possible to get him here on a season long loan, never mind DR, and I believe he is out of contract at Widnes at the end of this season. You never know!!!!

he was due to join on a season long loan before getting his hands injured at the start of the season and they are all fighting for new contracts which also means Worky will get nothing but 110% from these lads

#27 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:37 AM

How did he injure his hands?

#28 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:05 AM

I know Adam well and he wants to Captain Widnes his home town team sometime.He will only get better with game time as been injured and only just started proper training.

#29 Oneday

Oneday
  • Coach
  • 1,083 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:11 AM

Yes, we need to box clever over our next 3 games. Fev away, then Haven at home on Good Friday and also Leigh away on Easter Monday. Three hard games with the haven game being our most likeliest for a win so, yes, let's use the DR system next week to its fullest. It won't do us any good being bottom of the league and saying well at least we didn't use the DR system like others have done. I would definitely give Connor and Forber a game together next week at half-back just to see how they go.

Agreed and pull Declan back in to the centres where he looks more dangerous.

AS for DR aren't we down to the bare bones now anyhow. Was Gaskell injured as I don't recall seeing him come off the bench or did I miss it? Presume Patricks away again.

#30 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:19 AM

AS for DR aren't we down to the bare bones now anyhow. Was Gaskell injured as I don't recall seeing him come off the bench or did I miss it? Presume Patricks away again.

Declan has played mainly centre in the Widnes Academy.Glad both youngsters are playing well for your team.

#31 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,012 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:10 AM

Gaskell was standing on the touchline when the hooter went, so i dont think he actually got on the pitch. Our new scoreboard clock was showing about 2 and a half minutes to go when the hooter went as well!!

#32 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,715 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:12 AM

morris and calders will be back soon so im not sure putting declan back to centre will be an option.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#33 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:02 PM

Hulme offers more in attack than any of our other centres

Edited by gillmeister, 18 March 2013 - 01:02 PM.

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

#34 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,715 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:51 PM

Hulme offers more in attack than any of our other centres

not as much in defence as any of them either

#35 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,368 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:57 PM

He just doesn't look a winger , his awful technique under the high ball tells that , and his lack of involvement there probably means he doesn't like it either . Connor shifting in may make room for him , although it was great to see Rooney in the warm up moving freely . But you can't have enough options !

#36 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,715 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:05 PM

to be fair we could have any centre in the world but if we dont have players to get them the ball then its pointless. i would take rooney over everybody else in the centres as hes as solid as a rock in defence and knows where the try line is.

#37 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,368 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:01 PM

Aye the ball can move faster than a man ... If you've mastered the art . Alas we haven't . Justin Hodges would have his work cut out with the quality of ball fed wide by our middle guys .

Edited by DavidM, 18 March 2013 - 04:04 PM.

#38 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:27 PM

not as much in defence as any of them either

That doesn't show in the stats of the game's Hulme has played - 3 try's in total conceded on the edge where Mossop /Hulme ( Swinton & Barrow) & Hulme /Patrick ( Doncaster and Connor /Hulme( Batley) had partnered - although when you have put down a couple of bombs your defence is always going to be questioned

Edited by wonderofwood, 18 March 2013 - 06:27 PM.

#39 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 856 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:30 PM

Mind i think the ref should have had a look at the number sevens boots because the height he was getting on those bombs i think he must have had steel toecaps ha ha.

#40 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,715 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:39 AM

adam is back in the squad for fev on sunday

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users