Where is the actual proof?

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#21 Wilber

Wilber
  • Coach
  • 129 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:34 PM

If you email BARLA this is the response you will receive if you are not a BARLA memeber

Thank you for your enquiry for the Tops4Teams free kit giveaway scheme. This scheme was open to BARLA affiliated clubs and your club is not an affiliate member of the association, however, regardless of your club's position you have been entered into the Tops4Teams scheme.

This could be the ideal opportunity for your club to consider becoming a member of BARLA as our association would be only happy to broaden it's boundaries by accepting your club as an affiliate member.

I must stress however, that BARLA membership is not a prerequisite and that your club has been entered into the Tops4Teams scheme with absolutely no obligation to BARLA whatsoever. Best of luck,

#22 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:22 PM

Have you questioned the RFL on how it funded balls to the RLC & not to BARLA clubs........"Thought not" Have you asked the RFL way it part funds travel to NCL clubs but not to BARLA regional leagues....."Thought not", Do I really have to go on?

I don't know if my clubs has a kit and I don't know if the scheme is completely funded by the sponsors or partly by BARLA, if you need to know phone BARLA.

How do you know that DTTRRs hasn't questioned the RFL? I know that you are completely wrong Marauder the game could do with more people like him

Great use of the BARLA logo etc maybe Wilber will find you a job in the future your passion for BARLA is admirable even if you can't see some people don't have any sides in the BARLA/RFL issue
Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

#23 Death to the Rah Rah's

Death to the Rah Rah's
  • Coach
  • 467 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:08 AM

Have you questioned the RFL on how it funded balls to the RLC & not to BARLA clubs........"Thought not" Have you asked the RFL way it part funds travel to NCL clubs but not to BARLA regional leagues....."Thought not", Do I really have to go on?  

I don't know if my clubs has a kit and I don't know if the scheme is completely funded by the sponsors or partly by BARLA, if you need to know phone BARLA.

Have I touched a raw nerve there Marauder?

I know the RFL have done sweet FA for the regional leagues and for the last few years neither have BARLA. The difference is that BARLA are the governing body of our Regional League, not the RFL. So I don't need to ask why the RFL have funded balls to the NCL or paid for travel as its totally irrelevant and doesn't concern me. You obviously have issue with it so maybe you should take it up with them.

I merely asked for some details about the Tops4Teams scheme and was curious to know why the scheme was rolled out in Yorkshire before it went national and I asked if it was part funded or financially supported by BARLA, or was it funded by sponsors entirely and backed by BARLA, in which case I can understand why it was launched in Yorkshire.

I think it was a fair question and as you know all things that go on at BARLA you were the person to ask, if I thought it was going to raise your blood pressure I wouldn't have bothered

#24 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,804 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:47 PM

How do you know that DTTRRs hasn't questioned the RFL? I know that you are completely wrong Marauder the game could do with more people like him

Great use of the BARLA logo etc maybe Wilber will find you a job in the future your passion for BARLA is admirable even if you can't see some people don't have any sides in the BARLA/RFL issue

How does he or you know that I never phoned the number on the BARLA logo? Is not your new league up in Cumbria having some transport costs funded by BARLA ?

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#25 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,804 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:56 PM

Have I touched a raw nerve there Marauder?

I know the RFL have done sweet FA for the regional leagues and for the last few years neither have BARLA. The difference is that BARLA are the governing body of our Regional League, not the RFL. So I don't need to ask why the RFL have funded balls to the NCL or paid for travel as its totally irrelevant and doesn't concern me. You obviously have issue with it so maybe you should take it up with them.

I merely asked for some details about the Tops4Teams scheme and was curious to know why the scheme was rolled out in Yorkshire before it went national and I asked if it was part funded or financially supported by BARLA, or was it funded by sponsors entirely and backed by BARLA, in which case I can understand why it was launched in Yorkshire.

I think it was a fair question and as you know all things that go on at BARLA you were the person to ask, if I thought it was going to raise your blood pressure I wouldn't have bothered

No raw nerves here, I phoned the BARLA number and I've found out for you :)

This project is funded entirely by the sponsor with the main sponsor based in Yorkshire. It was BARLA's persuasion that convinced the sponsors to roll the scheme out nationwide following the pilot in Yorkshire.

I was also informed that BARLA have an association with one of the sponsors Xamax, who are currently in their second year of sponsoring the BARLA National Youth & Junior Cups where part of the sponsorship means the winners at all three age groups; 14's/16's/18's receive a playing kit. From this association, Helplink, Xamax, Worcester Bosch and Plumb Centre formed the Tops4Teams scheme. These four companies have supplied the £100,000 in funding while BARLA have worked with the networking and promotion needed to deliver the scheme to the clubs.

It's good to talk - If you phone the old BARLA number I think you will get someone (unless they have been laid off as well, then you may get a guy called Eddie living in Delhi ) to ask why you've not received your balls, bus passes & sunshine vouchers.

Don't know about you but I take my hat off to which ever member of BARLA who has secured the funding for the scheme.

#26 Cutsyke Raiders

Cutsyke Raiders
  • Coach
  • 427 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:20 PM

These four companies have supplied the £100,000 in funding while BARLA have worked with the networking and promotion needed to deliver the scheme to the clubs.

Like most advertising, there's some smoke & mirrors involved here, Jim.

The retail value of a Open Age kit to all 114 clubs in Yorkshire would be around £100k, if they all took up the offer. I think in reality a lot of junior age groups have enquired as the deal is for 15 strips

However, XAMAX stand the cost of making them and the 3 others put around £10k in each.

I think they have had their money's worth already.

#27 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,804 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:28 PM

Like most advertising, there's some smoke & mirrors involved here, Jim.

The retail value of a Open Age kit to all 114 clubs in Yorkshire would be around £100k, if they all took up the offer. I think in reality a lot of junior age groups have enquired as the deal is for 15 strips

However, XAMAX stand the cost of making them and the 3 others put around £10k in each.

I think they have had their money's worth already.

I believe it's only open to the open-age teams Dean, not sure but It's easy to find out, for each club who get chosen for a strip it's still a cracking deal, 18 strips for the price of 3.

#28 Cutsyke Raiders

Cutsyke Raiders
  • Coach
  • 427 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:23 PM

I believe it's only open to the open-age teams Dean, not sure but It's easy to find out, for each club who get chosen for a strip it's still a cracking deal, 18 strips for the price of 3.

I agree, it's better than you think. They charge £24+ vat per strip

Originally it was aimed at " junior academy of local amateur teams " but obviously a lot of open age jumped on the bandwagon.
http://www.barla.org...ils.asp?id=3094

There was also a half price deal £432 + vat for schools and local amateur clubs in the wakefield area.
Still available, i think.
http://www.wakefield...chools/2012/12/

The benefit of that one of course is you can raise your own funds to more than cover the costs with your own sponsors, which you can't with the other....

#29 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,804 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:19 PM

I agree, it's better than you think. They charge £24+ vat per strip

Originally it was aimed at " junior academy of local amateur teams " but obviously a lot of open age jumped on the bandwagon.
http://www.barla.org...ils.asp?id=3094

There was also a half price deal £432 + vat for schools and local amateur clubs in the wakefield area.
Still available, i think.
http://www.wakefield...chools/2012/12/

The benefit of that one of course is you can raise your own funds to more than cover the costs with your own sponsors, which you can't with the other....

The offer from what I've been told is open to all BARLA clubs and the deal is that you receive a 15 player kit with the option of purchasing extra kits at £24 per man which includes shirt shorts and socks. The club states which team the kit is for and it's open to all age groups.

Looks straight forward to me and looks a lot better deal than the pitch remediation deal with the RFL when the clubs were supposed to receive £xxxxx for pitch remediation. The money - which clubs never saw by the way - was to pay for an inspection - by an RFL appointed contractor - who then went on to recommend what was needed to complete the remediation and hey guess what, the club then had to pick up the bill which often ran into several thousands of pounds

#30 henage

henage
  • Coach
  • 173 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:43 PM

The offer from what I've been told is open to all BARLA clubs and the deal is that you receive a 15 player kit with the option of purchasing extra kits at £24 per man which includes shirt shorts and socks. The club states which team the kit is for and it's open to all age groups.

Looks straight forward to me and looks a lot better deal than the pitch remediation deal with the RFL when the clubs were supposed to receive £xxxxx for pitch remediation. The money - which clubs never saw by the way - was to pay for an inspection - by an RFL appointed contractor - who then went on to recommend what was needed to complete the remediation and hey guess what, the club then had to pick up the bill which often ran into several thousands of pounds

Great results from having the pitch work done for my club , transformed the playing surface on pitches and training area.

No problem with the contractor.

Edited by henage, 19 April 2013 - 09:48 PM.

#31 Cutsyke Raiders

Cutsyke Raiders
  • Coach
  • 427 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:37 AM

It was £1500.
60 ton of sand delivered is about £1000 in anyone's money plus a survey, vertidrain, weed, feed and overseed. Reasonable value and more time to pay up than Mr Wonga...

I've heard the BARLA bigwigs mutterings about how they could have got it done cheaper and they were not happy that it didn't go to tender.... Will their playing strips be going to tender, anytime soon?

By the way, I have no allegiance to the RFL, Professional clubs, BARLA or the NCL as I have been shafted by all 4 over the years....

#32 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,767 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 10:05 AM

The RFL are the governing body ,BARLA gave up that status when they signed the GENISIS agreement .

NCL also get their match officilas fees paid another benefit .

Small steps from Barla which is not before time and to which they have been applauded .

But the bigger challange for BARLA is to elect a new chair that can rebuild the once proud association ,because under the present one we have been left exposed to being bullied into accepting policies that favour the pro game at the expense of the grass roots .

The game is in danger of being decimated by policy makers who have little or no understanding of the fabric of the sport , some of our clubs are also falling for the charm offences and carressing of egos .

Worrying times for us who are reading the signs more people need to take off their rose tinted glasses .

#33 Death to the Rah Rah's

Death to the Rah Rah's
  • Coach
  • 467 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 10:07 AM

No raw nerves here, I phoned the BARLA number and I've found out for you :)

This project is funded entirely by the sponsor with the main sponsor based in Yorkshire. It was BARLA's persuasion that convinced the sponsors to roll the scheme out nationwide following the pilot in Yorkshire.

I was also informed that BARLA have an association with one of the sponsors Xamax, who are currently in their second year of sponsoring the BARLA National Youth & Junior Cups where part of the sponsorship means the winners at all three age groups; 14's/16's/18's receive a playing kit. From this association, Helplink, Xamax, Worcester Bosch and Plumb Centre formed the Tops4Teams scheme. These four companies have supplied the £100,000 in funding while BARLA have worked with the networking and promotion needed to deliver the scheme to the clubs.

It's good to talk - If you phone the old BARLA number I think you will get someone (unless they have been laid off as well, then you may get a guy called Eddie living in Delhi ) to ask why you've not received your balls, bus passes & sunshine vouchers.

Don't know about you but I take my hat off to which ever member of BARLA who has secured the funding for the scheme.

You see Marauder, I was right, I knew you would come up with the answer!!

And I totally agree with you, this is a great scheme and for those clubs lucky enough to win a strip in these austere times.

And you are also correct about BARLA sponsoring the new Cumbria Men's League, as you have frequently pointed out on these boards, I'm pretty sure it was for £6,000 per season for 2 or 3 years to get it established. Which feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, isn't it in BARLA's constitution to promote and develop the amateur game? so the Cumbrian officials have merely asked for help in rebuilding the game in West Cumbria, and in the local paper the league is referred to as the BARLA Cumbria Men's League, so that should keep you happy Marauder

#34 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,804 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:16 AM

Great results from having the pitch work done for my club , transformed the playing surface on pitches and training area.

No problem with the contractor.

At what cost?

#35 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,804 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:28 AM

You see Marauder, I was right, I knew you would come up with the answer!!

And I totally agree with you, this is a great scheme and for those clubs lucky enough to win a strip in these austere times.

And you are also correct about BARLA sponsoring the new Cumbria Men's League, as you have frequently pointed out on these boards, I'm pretty sure it was for £6,000 per season for 2 or 3 years to get it established. Which feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, isn't it in BARLA's constitution to promote and develop the amateur game? so the Cumbrian officials have merely asked for help in rebuilding the game in West Cumbria, and in the local paper the league is referred to as the BARLA Cumbria Men's League, so that should keep you happy Marauder

There you go then, BARLA are still supporting the 4 seasons.

#36 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,767 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:56 PM

More evidence of RFL policy

http://www.thisishul...l#axzz2R0TkYNAc

The RFL are employing some graduates who have little or no knoweldge of how the game works and seem to be hell bent on supporting them irrespective of the damage it causes , ignoring experienced players and administrators to boot .

#37 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,445 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:20 PM

The problem, not just in amateur RL, but the game as a whole, is that there are too many people who do things for themselves or their clubs and nots whats best for the game. The RFL, Barla, Pro Clubs, Amateur Clubs, RLIF, RLEF should be working together and finding ways which helps everybody especially the players to get the best results. Instead we have infighting and politics causing more harm than good. Having worked with the RLEF for example it was the agenda of them and ignoring our concerns over the D.O that has seen many people walk away from RL.

A friend of mine, who has been involved with Scholarships at a Championship club, as well as being involved within the amateur scene, has said something similar about the game at Youth level. He told me this week that Stainland Stags fielded a host of Summer Conference players in their semi final versus Greetland. But them Summer Conferences players have been missing for the past couple of months because they have been back with their Conference club! So players are getted counted double and what good does it do when players sign up for the winter clubs and then disappear at the back end of the season and just appear in semi finals and finals played midweek?

The RFL, Pro Clubs as well as the amateur scene are often fighting against each other as they want whats best for them, nots what is best for the game as a whole. The SL clubs getting rid of the U20s was again down to selfish interests. Until we get ALL the sides working together and having a plan which benefits all , then the game will struggle

#38 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,804 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:43 AM

I've noticed recently that the blame has shifted from just pointing the finger at BARLA but towards all the governing bodies and some of the main shouters against BARLA have gone to ground.

Just an observation B)

#39 Death to the Rah Rah's

Death to the Rah Rah's
  • Coach
  • 467 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:45 AM

I think you are being a bit unfair, most of the comments on here highlight problems caused by lack of communication and cooperation between the governing bodies which includes BARLA and the RFL, and in my opinion most posters on here try to be constructive regardless of which camp they are in.

Playing the 'blame game' doesn't help anyone, and only succeeds in holding the game back.

The game has serious problems at grassroots, and the only way to address them is to work with all parties for the benefit of the game. Its being done in Cumbria, and they seem (from the outside looking in) to have an ongoing working relationship with BARLA and the RFL as well as utilising the RFL staff in the area to work with the league and clubs which is probably how it should be.

They are also trying to revitilise the County Championship and also open up the BARLA Cumbria Cup to more teams, so is that not an example of how the game should be run?

The game in Cumbria at open age level seems to be a lot more stable this season than it has for the past four or five years, but we are only a quarter of the way through the season so that could change in the coming months.

#40 Nev V Dawn

Nev V Dawn
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:55 PM

Good afternoon DTTRR,

Quite right the open age game in Cumbria does seem to be settling to a level and this is down to the hard work and fresh thinking of the CARL officials, along with the support of BARLA and the RFL. Also with the vision of the Cumbrian management who are proposing to introduce a second level in the Cumbria County Cups, has led to the competitions promising to become a lot more populated.

The County Championships (BARLA County Tri-Series) have also become more vibrant over the last three years or so, which can be credited to the decision by BARLA to rename and revamp the series. The introduction of the under 17’s competition has also given the young players of all three counties an exciting, meaningful, higher level to aspire to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users