Where is the actual proof?

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#81 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:03 PM

Maurice Watkins , immediate acting past Chair for the game. He did the soundings ---can't understand how he missed you out Marauder but he gave plenty of time to listening to Barla's corner. The process is now being overseen by the new Chair Brian Barwick. 

I suspect the literature has been prepared by the RFL full time professional officers.' as I suppose you would expect as it's their job.

Surprised your Barla people have not kept you up to speed --they seem to come in two's now to the Community Board , for some reason or another.........

Being a full time RFL PROFESSIONAL OFFICER does not impress me and the literature will only focus on the RFL agenda.

Why didn't Watkins see the job through?

If I was the new chair like Brian Barwick I'd be wanting to conduct my own proceedings (But the outcome of the report will not be a big surprise will it)

Did he give time listening to BARLA or was he just in attendance to give the impression he was listening?

Going back to earlier when you said BARLA had a massive input, well all the soundings I've listened to over the last 4 or 5 months seem to contradict this statement.

Have you been told Lee Radford played again for East Hull tonight, his contribution of two tries (both converted) helped Easts to a nice little win 29 - 27.

BARLA people now come in two's, well that's a score draw with the NCL at the meetings.

Edited by Marauder, 03 May 2013 - 12:50 PM.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#82 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:33 PM

Some amateur leagues have already accepted dual reg etc .The NCL will take their own due process route.

Not one of the leagues your on about are BARLA, they are the ones poached by the RFL and have all signed the RFL operational rules so don't really have an option simply because their democratic rights have been given away,

#83 del capo

del capo
  • Coach
  • 761 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:24 AM

Some amateur leagues have already accepted dual reg etc .The NCL will take their own due process route.

Not one of the leagues your on about are BARLA, they are the ones poached by the RFL and have all signed the RFL operational rules so don't really have an option simply because their democratic rights have been given away,

Maybe your readers need to be reminded how many playing leagues remain ' Barla ' , as you put it.  Pennine ,  Hull and District , NWCL ( all winter ). Any more?

And before you preach about the operational rules , I think you'd better check with your Community Board reps ( yes it does take two because nobody other than Stuart Prior  from Barla has ever been up to speed to handle that forum for years ) as to how far down the line Barla are already committed ..........

#84 del capo

del capo
  • Coach
  • 761 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:40 AM

Being a full time RFL PROFESSIONAL OFFICER does not impress me and the literature will only focus on the RFL agenda.

Why didn't Watkins see the job through?

If I was the new chair like Brian Barwick I'd be wanting to conduct my own proceedings (But the outcome of the report will not be a big surprise will it)

Did he give time listening to BARLA or was he just in attendance to give the impression he was listening?

Going back to earlier when you said BARLA had a massive input, well all the soundings I've listened to over the last 4 or 5 months seem to contradict this statement.

Have you been told Lee Radford played again for East Hull tonight, his contribution of two tries (both converted) helped Easts to a nice little win 29 - 27.

BARLA people now come in two's, well that's a score draw with the NCL at the meetings.

Absolutely no problems with Lee Radford's involvement in the  NCL . Have you ?

Great servant of the game at all levels , and never forgot his roots

Don't we need a system Marauder that recognises that and doesn't put obstructions in the way of our own lads remaining ' at home ' with us even as they progress up the ladder ?

Getting that right is surely one of the greatest challenges to the current administrations (Barla or anyone else )........

#85 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:06 AM

Maybe your readers need to be reminded how many playing leagues remain ' Barla ' , as you put it.  Pennine ,  Hull and District , NWCL ( all winter ). Any more?

And before you preach about the operational rules , I think you'd better check with your Community Board reps ( yes it does take two because nobody other than Stuart Prior  from Barla has ever been up to speed to handle that forum for years ) as to how far down the line Barla are already committed ..........

Cumbrian (mens) league, don't forget it was the RFL who wanted the mens bit added, all part of the process of if you tell them long enough they will believe.

#86 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:23 AM

Absolutely no problems with Lee Radford's involvement in the  NCL . Have you ?

Great servant of the game at all levels , and never forgot his roots

Don't we need a system Marauder that recognises that and doesn't put obstructions in the way of our own lads remaining ' at home ' with us even as they progress up the ladder ?

Getting that right is surely one of the greatest challenges to the current administrations (Barla or anyone else )........

I have no problem with Lee's involvement in the amateur game, he has finished playing at the top level and has you say has never forgot where he is from (more EX PRO's should do the same (I personally played against Roy Holdstock, (Jesmond), Trevor Skerrett (Bisons admittedly he only came to watch but ended up playing) and Deam Sampson (Stanley Rangers) in their first game back into the amateur ranks, all three brough something different, Roy wanted to fight, Trevor was a gent and probably won the game for Bisons and Dean ripped us apart.

The system to recognise returning Pro's has been in place for a long time hasn't it and wouldn't you say returning Pro's are a completely different scenario to contracted players.

Take a look at whats happening to the dual reg system in the championship and tell me it will not filter down the chain into the NCL, when it does lets see how long home grown players keep standing on your touch line while a pro coming back from injury or doesn't make the 17 for his Pro club keeps taking his shirt.

Lot's of good people at BARLA, sadly not all empire builders have moved onto the RFL yet.

Edited by Marauder, 04 May 2013 - 09:23 AM.

#87 del capo

del capo
  • Coach
  • 761 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:34 AM

Cumbrian (mens) league, don't forget it was the RFL who wanted the mens bit added, all part of the process of if you tell them long enough they will believe.

Welcome to the room of smoke and mirrors

Is this League a voted in member of Barla ? Doesn't an AGM have to vote it in? Has it applied ?  Isn't it a new entity ?  Yes I understand its core values but isn't it effectively organised by Ant and Daisy , both full time RL  officials but  nevertheless die hard grass roots men ?

None of those are issues for me. It's the game that counts . Flag waving is a useless , probably paranoid activity. Get real. Live today's game and fight your quarter where it counts. And above all else have faith in the people you put forward. That's my message to Barla. I don't think though that they have listened for at least 15 years........ :(

#88 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:52 AM

Welcome to the room of smoke and mirrors

Is this League a voted in member of Barla ? Doesn't an AGM have to vote it in? Has it applied ?  Isn't it a new entity ?  Yes I understand its core values but isn't it effectively organised by Ant and Daisy , both full time RL  officials but  nevertheless die hard grass roots men ?

None of those are issues for me. It's the game that counts . Flag waving is a useless , probably paranoid activity. Get real. Live today's game and fight your quarter where it counts. And above all else have faith in the people you put forward. That's my message to Barla. I don't think though that they have listened for at least 15 years........ :(

I've faith in the person we favour in our district and I'd sooner fight for the whole association than just a little bit to call my own (That's being divided and then the operational rules will conquer)

I've been digging around and Mr Watkins seems to have been brought in to do a bit of a Ian MacGregor on BARLA.

It looks like he was wheeled in simply to deliver; "The Watkins Report." A pretty original name don't you think for an RFL penned document (I bet the hundreds of nice glossy brochures it was presented in probably cost a whole lot more than a pitch in the  remediation programme) and during his millisecond as RFL Chair, he managed to reduce BARLA's seats on the RFL Council from three to one, So I can not see much going to go in BARLA's favour can you?

#89 del capo

del capo
  • Coach
  • 761 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:00 PM

I've faith in the person we favour in our district and I'd sooner fight for the whole association than just a little bit to call my own (That's being divided and then the operational rules will conquer)

I've been digging around and Mr Watkins seems to have been brought in to do a bit of a Ian MacGregor on BARLA.

It looks like he was wheeled in simply to deliver; "The Watkins Report." A pretty original name don't you think for an RFL penned document (I bet the hundreds of nice glossy brochures it was presented in probably cost a whole lot more than a pitch in the  remediation programme) and during his millisecond as RFL Chair, he managed to reduce BARLA's seats on the RFL Council from three to one, So I can not see much going to go in BARLA's favour can you?

Watkins is clearly a disaster as an administrator.

He's actually been in Rugby League at the top table rather longer  than you think.

And the biggest and most successful sports club in the world - Manchester United - got there in spite of him being a 'hands on ' director of that company...... ;)

#90 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:17 PM

Watkins is clearly a disaster as an administrator.

He's actually been in Rugby League at the top table rather longer  than you think.

And the biggest and most successful sports club in the world - Manchester United - got there in spite of him being a 'hands on ' director of that company...... ;)

I see a connection with Manchester United (Bought by the Americans) Ian MacGregor (Was American)  and Mo Watkins being an administrator with a American owned sports club and brought in by the RFL to do a Ian MacGregor job on BARLA.

I blame the Americans for everything, I love you Peter xxx :wub:

Got to go I'm Watching my Old Regiment play a Castleford select side today.

Maybe Watkins with all his experience as a administrator could see the mess the RFL has got the game into and jumped ship by diving into the waters leading to Rio de Janeiro.

Edited by Marauder, 04 May 2013 - 12:31 PM.

#91 del capo

del capo
  • Coach
  • 761 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:30 PM

I see a connection with Manchester United (Bought by the Americans) Ian MacGregor (Was American)  and Mo Watson being an administrator with a American owned sports club and brought in by the RFL to do a Ian MacGregor job on BARLA.

I blame the Americans for everything, I love you Peter xxx :wub:

Got to go I'm Watching my Old Regiment play a Castleford select side today.

Had a stop over at Los Angeles once Marauder . Is that enough of an American connection for you ?  Had a beer on the Santa Monica Pier with Maurice Oldroyd ,  ( paid for trip I'm afraid ), maybe that puts him on the dark side as well

Enjoy your game   :)

#92 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:35 PM

Had a stop over at Los Angeles once Marauder . Is that enough of an American connection for you ?  Had a beer on the Santa Monica Pier with Maurice Oldroyd ,  ( paid for trip I'm afraid ), maybe that puts him on the dark side as well

Enjoy your game   :)

All my beers in the good old USofA was over in Montana.

#93 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:25 PM

Did you miss this question Peter ?

To match the NCL representation Peter ^_^

Peter what are your views on proffessional players playing in the NCL along side amatuers ?

Sam Tompkins turning out for his old club St Pats getting back some match fitness far fetched dillusional , extreme I know ;)

#94 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:37 PM

Well if you go round the bushes and down the lane just past the pond on the left, sorry right, you may just see the wild flower which are a better bet than the tree's or was it a wood next to the ex-player with his young family enjoying a picnic.

Castleford Select 18 - 26 The Royal Regiment of Artillery.

Excellent entertaining game with plenty of errors from both sides.

Edited by Marauder, 04 May 2013 - 04:41 PM.

#95 del capo

del capo
  • Coach
  • 761 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:39 PM

Hello Taxi Egg.

Quick correction first. The NCL do not in fact  have a seat at the Community Board. Some at Barla do not trust Stuart Prior- maybe that's why others have tagged along recently but I am sure that it won't be a permanent arrangement.......

And as for your question , I honestly do not yet know. The devil will as always be in the detail. Unlike Barla , the NCL has thus far never allowed contracted players onto their stage. But much as I would love to see Sam Tomkins pull on his old shirt , it ain't going to happen any day soon.......... and in any event  the ' Pro's ' the RFL want to talk about are limited to the Championship on the one side and Tier 3 / Tier 3 ready clubs on the other .

One point I am however sure of is that the NCL will not allow the integrity of it's competition to be compromised in the way that , at first sight at least , the Championship seemed to have done...

#96 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:45 AM

Thats good to hear Peter, NCL no representation on the Community Board now thats taking it a bit to far for most of us to swallow .

My opinion the Pro game should facilitate its own players and if they cant then dont sign them simples .

#97 Nev V Dawn

Nev V Dawn
  • Coach
  • 306 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:05 PM

Great idea Taxi, any BARLA club of a reasonable size operates with the perfect model;

First team, A team and a youth set up, all self funded as without the cash these teams wouldn't operate. However it seems that the people who run rugby as a business, cannot afford to do this.

Let's track back around a decade and a half ago to the advent of Super League summer switch 'n all, with 80 million reasons to move the professional game to summer. As it said on the tin; super family Sunday afternoon out at your favourite Super League club, barbeques after the game, lots more opportunities for the young English players.

Fifteen years or so on and where have we arrived; five out of this week's Super League fixtures played Friday/Saturday evening leaving just two to be played on the Sunday - not much charcoal and sausages sold on Friday evening I wouldn't think.

And the first task a coach fulfils when putting his squad together is to fill the overseas quota – with what many consider as - past by their sell by date NRL personnel.

So where does that now leave the opportunities for progression of our home grown players.

Edited by Nev V Dawn, 05 May 2013 - 01:28 PM.

#98 Nev V Dawn

Nev V Dawn
  • Coach
  • 306 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:49 AM

It looks as though BARLA and it's sponsors are true to their word, just spotted this on the BARLA website but dear me Marauder, sadly no sign of Moorends on the list;

http://barla.org.uk/...ils.asp?id=3175

Tops4Teams has this weekend announced the latest lucky BARLA clubs to secure a free playing kit through the fantastic, £100,000 kit give away initiative set up by sponsors; Help-link, Xamax, Worcester Bosch and Plumb Centre.

The latest ten clubs who will be receiving a kit in the latest round are;
Blackbrook, Dalton, Eccles & Salford, Golborne Parkside, Leigh East, Shevington Sharks, Ulverstone, Walney Central, West Bank Bears, Wigan St Cuthberts.

Commenting on the Tops4Teams scheme Alan Dickinson Director at Help-Link enthused,

"A massive congratulations to the clubs that have been successful so far. We are extremely proud to be one of four sponsors that has helped so many teams and to be giving back to communities nationwide. We would like to wish all the clubs in the running the very best of luck with receiving a kit and also with the season ahead"

The scheme was officially launched last month on the Sky magazine programme, `Boots ’N All’ earlier this month by Barry McDermott and Kevin Sinfield. And the scheme will see over 110 BARLA clubs benefit by receiving a top quality playing kit, courtesy of the four sponsors; Help – Link, Xamax Clothing Company, Worcester Bosch and Plumb Centre

Any BARLA clubs that wish to apply to be included in the Tops4Teams £100,000 kit giveaway scheme will be able to apply for the offer by emailing either;

enquiries@tops4teams or secretary@barla.org.uk

Edited by Nev V Dawn, 14 May 2013 - 06:55 AM.

#99 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:33 AM

Not all NCL clubs trust their leadership now from what I'm hearing around the grounds, sooner BARLA gets their act together and provide a fitting tightly controlled standard as a alternative to summer rugby the better.

BARLA saw the error of having permit players about 2005/06 (8 years ago) when the RFL over ruled a suspension on a permit player, If the NCL see their errors will they be able to wean themselves off of the chicken feed or will they have gone to far to change direction.

Wasn't the championship clubs lead to believe dual registration players would be the up and coming Under 20's type players looking to gain experience and not your seasoned Internationals coming back from injury? That's what NCL are going to be eventually used for by championship clubs (I don't gamble but I'll bet you a tenner)

Great idea Taxi, any BARLA club of a reasonable size operates with the perfect model;

First team, A team and a youth set up, all self funded as without the cash these teams wouldn't operate. However it seems that the people who run rugby as a business, cannot afford to do this.

Let's track back around a decade and a half ago to the advent of Super League summer switch 'n all, with 80 million reasons to move the professional game to summer. As it said on the tin; super family Sunday afternoon out at your favourite Super League club, barbeques after the game, lots more opportunities for the young English players.

Fifteen years or so on and where have we arrived; five out of this week's Super League fixtures played Friday/Saturday evening leaving just two to be played on the Sunday - not much charcoal and sausages sold on Friday evening I wouldn't think.

And the first task a coach fulfils when putting his squad together is to fill the overseas quota – with what many consider as - past by their sell by date NRL personnel.

So where does that now leave the opportunities for progression of our home grown players.

Hello Taxi Egg.

Quick correction first. The NCL do not in fact  have a seat at the Community Board. Some at Barla do not trust Stuart Prior- maybe that's why others have tagged along recently but I am sure that it won't be a permanent arrangement.......

And as for your question , I honestly do not yet know. The devil will as always be in the detail. Unlike Barla , the NCL has thus far never allowed contracted players onto their stage. But much as I would love to see Sam Tomkins pull on his old shirt , it ain't going to happen any day soon.......... and in any event  the ' Pro's ' the RFL want to talk about are limited to the Championship on the one side and Tier 3 / Tier 3 ready clubs on the other .

One point I am however sure of is that the NCL will not allow the integrity of it's competition to be compromised in the way that , at first sight at least , the Championship seemed to have done...

I'd hate to pay the credit card bill of some of the people running the game :blink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users