cookey
  • Coach
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:06 PM

SS1.

9) RU,LV semi,sat,12.00, 118,000.

SS2.

2) Darts,thurs, 188,000.
4)S.L.,fri,7.30 Warr v Sts 126,000 - up against Eng cricket.

SS3.

4) S.L.,sat,6.00pm,Lon v K.R.92,000.
9) S.L.,Full time,sun,10.00pm53,000.

In a way,more interesting than normal.Just shows the importance of the Channel,game,'opposition',timing etc.R.L does fine but is broadly similar to R.U.,darts,cricket,dependant upon above factors.

#2 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,433 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:26 PM

The Wire v Saints one was lower than I'd expect, but we need to be careful here as we had four other live games being staged that night with 58k fans attending these games. I'd much rather we went back to Sunday afternoon apart from the TV games.

#3 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,968 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:51 PM

Viewers know that we're in the 27 round pre season and so are saving themselves. :)

#4 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:33 PM

Leigh were at home to Sheffield - nough said

#5 jannerboyuk

jannerboyuk
  • Coach
  • 4,862 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:37 PM

The Wire v Saints one was lower than I'd expect, but we need to be careful here as we had four other live games being staged that night with 58k fans attending these games. I'd much rather we went back to Sunday afternoon apart from the TV games.

i agree. Friday night as a "game if the round" would generate some very decent numbers
PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugb...-wales-for-2013
Predictions for the future -
Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG
Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT
Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG
Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/
http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!
http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

#6 Li0nhead

Li0nhead
  • Coach
  • 749 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:29 PM

Seems to me we have a sky core support of around 100K who will watch most games and a floating support of up to the same amount (barring finals etc)

#7 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,454 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:39 PM

Not good, no sponsorship, top of the league can only attract 6k Our game is in real trouble

#8 cookey

cookey
  • Coach
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:38 AM

It's truely amazing the number of 'fans' who are only happy,if their Club is winning every game and has no problems and if all other Clubs have difficulties of one nature or other.It seems all that would make them happy is a one team league - very strange.

#9 scrape_goose

scrape_goose
  • Coach
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:14 AM

It will be if people like him get their way. There are a bizarre number of 'fans' who revel in the apparent demise of the game.

Reveling or been realistic? I don't think the game is in demise, but it is a minority sport, and I can't see it growing beyond what it now is in my lifetime. So now I just enjoy my rugby league, along with other sports I also enjoy.

#10 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,433 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:18 AM

Reveling or been realistic? I don't think the game is in demise, but it is a minority sport, and I can't see it growing beyond what it now is in my lifetime. So now I just enjoy my rugby league, along with other sports I also enjoy.

And that's fine, but people find it difficult to enjoy it without making negative statements and telling anybody who will listen that the game is dying.

#11 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,454 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:20 AM

I absolutely love this sport, played the game for years, still watch amateurs and sponsor teams / individuals........ I'm worried for some clubs and yet I get slated and called names.

I have my eyes open, fully open and times are getting harder.....I'd love us to be the biggest sport in the UK, It'll never happen, but I can dream...... but one thing I still love my sport, nation and club.

#12 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,968 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:20 AM

The crowds in SL have been down pretty much everywhere haven't they? Looks like the Sky figures are well down as well. Not sure why that should be - it may be a combination of factors, especially the never ending recession, terrible weather, our better players either gone or leaving, even a sense that the regular season games are vaguely pointless? In a World Cup year, it's a worry.

#13 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,928 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:21 AM

It's truely amazing the number of 'fans' who are only happy,if their Club is winning every game and has no problems and if all other Clubs have difficulties of one nature or other.It seems all that would make them happy is a one team league - very strange.

I guess they'd just have to play with themselves :rolleyes: .

#14 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,433 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:31 AM

The crowds in SL have been down pretty much everywhere haven't they? Looks like the Sky figures are well down as well. Not sure why that should be - it may be a combination of factors, especially the never ending recession, terrible weather, our better players either gone or leaving, even a sense that the regular season games are vaguely pointless? In a World Cup year, it's a worry.

I think the things you list are clearly an issue. Prices have gone up as incomes are squeezed, something has to give. I've made my point on another thread that we don't have this cheap game that everybody thinks we have.

In terms of TV, I'm less worried, our figures have always fluctuated massively, depending on what sport we are directly up against. As I suggested though, as a sport I think we should be doing everything we can to maximise viewers, and that involves stopping the majority of fixtures being on at the same time as the TV match.

It doesn't happen in football - Sunday 4pm and Saturday 12.30pm and 5.30pm, and Monday 7.45pm are exclusive slots for TV games in the main.

#15 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,021 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:33 AM

That figure seems very high for the LV Cup - bigger than some European matches? Who was playing?

Surprised how low the Wire-Saints game is given that it's a bit of a draw fixture and it was a good game.

We have ups and downs through the season though, it's hardly worth getting knickers in a twist.

(Darts seems to pull in the same number of viewers every week).
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#16 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 12,759 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:23 PM

That figure seems very high for the LV Cup - bigger than some European matches? Who was playing?

Surprised how low the Wire-Saints game is given that it's a bit of a draw fixture and it was a good game.

We have ups and downs through the season though, it's hardly worth getting knickers in a twist.

(Darts seems to pull in the same number of viewers every week).

The LV semi was Quins v Barf I think
Fides invicta triumphat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users