Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Who rights for League weekly

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 rollman

rollman
  • Coach
  • 187 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:56 PM

Whoever rights for the league weekly must be blind deaf and dumb east hull v ince write up couldn't be more wrong if it tried was they confused which side was which??

#2 rollman

rollman
  • Coach
  • 187 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:02 PM

Don't correct my spelling/grammar I posted without reading ha

#3 LONGMAN

LONGMAN
  • Coach
  • 824 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:02 PM

Whoever rights for the league weekly must be blind deaf and dumb east hull v ince write up couldn't be more wrong if it tried was they confused which side was which??

It will have been representative from Ince with a little calafudgeing from the NCL

#4 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,282 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:17 PM

Don't correct my spelling/grammar I posted without reading ha

Email them. The address is inside the paper

edit: I'm not sure how difficulty with hearing and speaking mitigates against watching rugby games and writing about them. In some ways it can be an advantage

Edited by l'angelo mysterioso, 18 March 2013 - 05:20 PM.

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#5 thestatman

thestatman
  • Coach
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:18 PM

Ryan Sparks compiles the write up for each of the games for League Weekly. He attends one match a week himself and this is the feature match of the week for which he provides a write up and photographs. He is the only journalist that goes out to watch an NCL amateur game and give it a write up. The rest of them he compiles from the post-match report sheets that are filled in by a representative of the home side in NCL matches. It is the home sides responsibility to ensure all of their own and oppositions scorers are correct before sending the info off to Ryan, Phil Hodgson, David Lowe and Trevor Hunt.

If the forms are filled in correctly then the job is pretty straightforward, if not then not having been there it is obviously impossible to correct those details. Obviously occasional errors are made if you are writing 20 match reports in the space of 24 hrs to meet a deadline. I personally don't always agree with Ryan's opinions or all of what he writes but I know that he does put a hell of a lot of effort into promoting the league unlike the League Express, who since the switch to summer have dramatically cut the NCL's column inches in their publication.

SINGING MY MUM'S A .......

Views are my own and not necessarily those of Thatto Heath Crusaders!!

#6 Cutsyke Raiders

Cutsyke Raiders
  • Coach
  • 410 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:37 PM

He attends one match a week himself and this is the feature match of the week for which he provides a write up and photographs. He is the only journalist that goes out to watch an NCL amateur game and give it a write up.

Apart from last saturday.. :mellow:

#7 Ratty

Ratty
  • Coach
  • 113 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:55 PM

Ryan Sparks compiles the write up for each of the games for League Weekly. He attends one match a week himself and this is the feature match of the week for which he provides a write up and photographs. He is the only journalist that goes out to watch an NCL amateur game and give it a write up. The rest of them he compiles from the post-match report sheets that are filled in by a representative of the home side in NCL matches. It is the home sides responsibility to ensure all of their own and oppositions scorers are correct before sending the info off to Ryan, Phil Hodgson, David Lowe and Trevor Hunt.

If the forms are filled in correctly then the job is pretty straightforward, if not then not having been there it is obviously impossible to correct those details. Obviously occasional errors are made if you are writing 20 match reports in the space of 24 hrs to meet a deadline. I personally don't always agree with Ryan's opinions or all of what he writes but I know that he does put a hell of a lot of effort into promoting the league unlike the League Express, who since the switch to summer have dramatically cut the NCL's column inches in their publication.

Good post. Ryan Sparks has brought a breath of fresh air to League Weekly, it's by far the best paper for coverage of NCL games and if you speak to Ryan when he's at your Club to cover the game you'll find he knows his stuff and is a genuine guy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users