Super Leagues Biggest Derby

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 jackknife

jackknife
  • Coach
  • 2,048 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:04 PM

I know that when Fax were in SL/Division 1 their fans regarded Bradford as their derby match. Whether the Bradford fans did I couldn't say. Obviously Fev/Cas is a very intense game but we don't play them often enough. I think Cas regard Leeds as their "derby"

cas/wakey is the derby nowadays
COME ON THE CORN
CLASSY CAS 4EVA
Go Go Go York City Knights!

#22 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,023 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:30 PM

good friday at the stobby will see the biggest and best derby in super league.......
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#23 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,740 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:39 PM

good friday at the stobby will see the biggest and best derby in super league.......

Nice to know you've a big screen showing the game from the KC.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#24 MrPosh

MrPosh
  • Coach
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:44 PM

Is it Widdy v Warry?
People called Romans they go the house

#25 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,018 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:51 PM

Quite right Padge - Hull v Hull KR is the biggest rivalry, not necessarily a Derby ;)

It's probably the oldest rivalry as well :)

The Hull one is probably the biggest rivalry, whilst the Wigan v Saints is the most famous.and possibly the biggest in the national psyche.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#26 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,397 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:21 AM

Carry on Hull.

Michael Dobson played by Kenneth Williams, Lee Radford by Bernard Breslaw and introducing Sid James as Paul 'likes it both ways' Cooke.

And Hattie Jacques as Kath Hetherington, obviously.

Peter Gentle played by Peter Butterworth and Craig Sandercock played by Charles Hawtrey. How about a slimy actor to play Neil Hudgell. I know, Leslie Phillips. Ding dong.

It's a pity Gerald Thomas, the Hull lad who directed the Carry On films, is no longer with us.

I'm sure he'd be up for it.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users