RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

New Coach

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:40 PM

Gary Chambers it is.....welcome to Swinton Gary.

#2 Tess

Tess
  • Coach
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:45 PM

Yes. Maybe not everyone's choice but I think now, rather than name calling, we have to give him a chance. At least Ian and Marlon will still remain as assistant coaches and hopefully help keep the belief in Swinton that the players showed yesterday.
Well done to all 3 and hope this begins a new era for Swinton RLFC.
Get behind them. Come on you Lions!
Posted ImageScorecast Champion 2005!!

Come on You Lions!!

#3 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:48 PM

Well said Tess.
I hope he may accept an invitation to attend Watto's testimonial event on Thursday and perhaps take a few questions off the fans.
No doubt the doom and gloom boys will be on here soon.

#4 greengrass

greengrass
  • Coach
  • 192 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:25 PM

Sorry Alan to say but I am very disappointed by this appointment, this to me shows the ambition of our great club.

We was told that there has been loads of interest in this job, why did he get the job? Thats all I want to know, was it John's appointment or was he told Gary is the new manager by Warrington. This appointment just does not seem to add up, sorry Alan but thats how I am feeling tonight.

I will give him a chance to show that he is a good manager, for me it is a another sad day in the eventful world of Swinton.

Edited by greengrass, 18 March 2013 - 09:28 PM.

#5 kitey

kitey
  • Players
  • 43 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:31 PM

If he has the Tony Smith mentality & makes us a good team - he will do for me.

#6 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,507 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:33 PM

Good luck to all of you that can stomach this farcical decision by those running the club.I truly admire your loyalty,I assume that you were te few who were quite happy to see the club relocate to Darwen a few years back.Feel desperately sorry for Watto and Marlon Billy who without doubt have earned the right to at least been given a mandate to the end of the season.

#7 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 901 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:50 PM

It should have been Marlon and Watto for me. If 8 people applied for the job I fail to see how a Warrington youth coach would be the best shout. It's not really a point of "giving him a chance". He might win every game until 2020, but we should be looking for our own coach to take SWINTON forward, not Wire youth players. I'll still be going to every game, I'll not turn my back on the club, I don't think that helps anyone.

#8 DemonUK

DemonUK
  • Coach
  • 266 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:18 PM

Well its usually said when a new coach comes in.

....this team is not his, lets see who he signs next season........

Need i finish this post off? Swinton Lions RIP

Sorry folks, no forecast comp this year

#9 R J Wagsmith

R J Wagsmith
  • Coach
  • 160 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:24 PM

He is an excellent coach and will be extremely good for Swinton.

#10 Barnie

Barnie
  • Coach
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:27 PM

Whatever you do dont go on to the RLFans website, lots of people enjoying our demise. I thought RL was a sport where we all stuck together through think and thin. I guess not.
Dont worry, it will soon be Christmas!

Posted Image

#11 juliancaine

juliancaine
  • Coach
  • 435 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:28 PM

Well its usually said when a new coach comes in.

....this team is not his, lets see who he signs next season........

Need i finish this post off? Swinton Lions RIP

I agree with you, Swinton lions R.I.P.

#12 juliancaine

juliancaine
  • Coach
  • 435 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:30 PM

Even warrington fans agree with me.

http://www.warringto...new_head_coach/

#13 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,507 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:34 PM

Whatever you do dont go on to the RLFans website, lots of people enjoying our demise. I thought RL was a sport where we all stuck together through think and thin. I guess not.

. I would encourage everyone to read the comments on the RLfans forum about the appointment of Gary Chambers as head coach.Tonight our once proud club is the laughing stock of Rugby League.

#14 juliancaine

juliancaine
  • Coach
  • 435 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:36 PM

. I would encourage everyone to read the comments on the RLfans forum about the appointment of Gary Chambers as head coach.Tonight our once proud club is the laughing stock of Rugby League.

Has been a laughing stock for a long while now, its beyond a joke.

#15 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 240 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:37 PM

A Warrington spokesperson said: "All at Warrington Wolves would like to thank Gary for his years of valuable service both as a player and coach, and for his invaluable contribution in developing the strong youth structure we now have at the club. Gary has made many friends whilst at Warrington and he will be missed at The Halliwell Jones Stadium but we wish him well for this new stage in his career."

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

#16 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:40 PM

Not quite the attitude you expressed towards Salford City Reds when they were experiencing financial problems a few short months ago!
Rugby League - great game, shame about the administration.

#17 Barnie

Barnie
  • Coach
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:46 PM

Not quite the attitude you expressed towards Salford City Reds when they were experiencing financial problems a few short months ago!

I wondered how long it would take you to chirp up. You must thinks its Christmas now.
Dont worry, it will soon be Christmas!

Posted Image

#18 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 788 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:55 PM

Even warrington fans agree with me.

http://www.warringto...new_head_coach/

Even 1 Wire fans agrees with you (which is about as many as on here actually)!
Reading the article it seems that they are sad to see him go. He has served a long appenticeship under a lot of experienced coaches, knows the players we have explicitly and has applied for the job as head coach of our club. He isn't doing both jobs.

He's not my first choice but I am prepared to see what he brings and has to offer. Is it fair on the lad to string him up before he's even had a chance to make comment? I think not!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#19 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,727 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:06 PM

I drove down lumber lane on my way home and saw one of our big name signings from previous seasons mr holroyd going the other way.
A man who claimed a good wage every week but managed to get a five match ban for his behaviour and could barely be bothered to bend his back most others

Would we prefer a team of sad tired signings stealing a living like him or the young lads we saw on Sunday killing themselves for the Lions

I really struggle to see what difference it makes as to whether we sign youngsters from Warrington for a year or have a team full of holroyds here for the same length of time

I don't know what difference it makes as I say. ..but I know which I prefer. ..and its not mr h.

Now I'm disappointed that its not Watson for coach but I really do guess that chambers has been involved with the team prior to Sunday's performance.

I also strongly suspect that he wont be a duck egg

Im prepared to give him a chance

Who cares what people think?
I've listened to moaners and abuse in my face for donkey's years.

You know what I just laugh back

Good luck to our new coach.

#20 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:14 PM

I wondered how long it would take you to chirp up. You must thinks its Christmas now.

Far from it - it was painful enough witnessing Ian Talbot get the Hornets job.

Rugby League - great game, shame about the administration.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users