Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Well done Brett

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,770 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:20 PM

Congratulations to Brett Carter for being selected in the Championship Team of the Week - an outstanding performance and well deserved.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#2 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,737 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:34 PM

Yes indeed . Just frightening sometimes how much he chucks himself about !!!

#3 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,905 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:42 PM

Well deserved for yet another 'body on the line" performance

#4 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:09 AM

top player a real 100% man.
COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#5 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:31 PM

If the rest of our team showed the level of performance and bravery that Brett and Callum showed on Sunday, we would be third from the top and not the bottom......outstanding, it was worth £14 just to see those two giving their all for the shirt they were wearing.

#6 bobg

bobg
  • Coach
  • 265 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:11 PM

Well said, totally agree with all of the above.

#7 Oneday

Oneday
  • Coach
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:22 PM

I've seen every game bar the York one and I don't doubt most of the players give their all.

#8 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,408 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:24 PM

brett and stack have really stood up this season and have been head and shoulders above everyone else. and just think the clowns on idiots.com always claimed they couldnt make the step up. brett never has a bad game and i just hope we start to use him more in attack because he links up really well with elliot when he pulls into the line late and out wide
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#9 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:53 PM

If everyone else had stepped up like those 2 we'd have had 4 home wins from 4.

#10 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:05 PM

Shows how its all oppinion because Callum Phillips and Karl Olstrum have been my best two players so far
Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

#11 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:33 PM

Shows how its all oppinion because Callum Phillips and Karl Olstrum have been my best two players so far

Callum, Karl and Jarrad without a doubt, Walne up there as well.

#12 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,737 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:17 PM

Absolutely , no way can you pick two players out alone . Walne , Acton , Callum, Karl have been outstanding , and the likes of
Lupton , Calderwood and Brett Phillips have been very good . You can't fault our players for effort or ' stepping up ' .
Naivety , occasional sloppiness and a lack of sharpness at times yes , but they're all giving everything in the main and have taken well to this hightened level. A lack of experience and creativity has cost us , but there's been no big gap in effort or a huge class gap on what I've seen . We've got to start getting rewards for our efforts though !

Edited by DavidM, 20 March 2013 - 08:23 PM.

#13 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:37 PM

The second half on Sunday say Worky control the game for 35 minutes. They ventured into your half on three occasions and took points away twice and one off them came on the back off miller being dragged into in goal - no penalty - drop out , then we get them in touch - penalty given , then an even worse decision when the prop forward off loads backwards and carter drops on the ball only for the ginger idiot to give a scrum fro a knock on when no-one was anywhere near it, and then when they get ball out of the scrum their centre takes a tackle and plays the ball quickly whilst hes on the floor and they scoot in for a try . 4 ridiculous decisions which changed the game.

the game was lost in the first half with three soft tries which should easily been adverted. lack of effort - NO WAY - these lads gave everything but when you get the opportunity to build pressure and you put the ball on the floor in good field position with very little pressure then your are always going to struggle.

I watched Coyle and why he insists on standing behind Callum at the play the ball pointing instead of getting some width in the play is beyond me and was the difference between the two teams - Black was outstanding and had all the time in the world to pick his passes and get his kicks away

as for Callum - the lad needs spelling , he was holding his arm for large parts of the second half and just carried on , the sooner Matty gets back so this lad can have a break in a game the better . Id even go as far as say he should start on the bench and inject himself when the forwards are tiring. Every time he gets away from the play the ball he causes havoc as he did on the blind side for Carters try , the lad is special and you have unearthed some kid with real potential

Edited by wonderofwood, 20 March 2013 - 08:44 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users