Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Short memories

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 runaround 55

runaround 55
  • Facebook
  • 38 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:53 PM

While I believe we all have the right to express our opinions regarding the current position the club finds itself in, I also firmly believe that considerations should be taken into account before berefting players,coaches and Board, Less than 18 months ago this club was teetering on the precipice of going out of exsistence, and was saved by the skin of it,s teeth.Saddled with a Humongous Debt to deal with.
A new board was elected, Darren and Phil where installed as coaches and Players signed up to the Cause the rest is history as they say, Promotion was achieved and we had come through argueablly the worst threat to the clubs very being.
If anyone was under any illusion that this season was going to be anything other than survival to maintain a place in the Championship.Then they are Wrong.
Given the huge Debt hanging over the club, we do not have at our disposal the ability to buy our way to success, Lo and behold we have not yet found our feet, and suddenly The board ( for resisting D/Reg ) the Coach ain,t upto it, and Some of the players are Useless.
Get a Grip, These individuals are Responsible for the very exsistence of this Great Club, and my message to all the Detractors is SUPPORT your Club.
KEEP THE FAITH.
Pip Larkin.

#2 Sp1der

Sp1der
  • Facebook
  • 53 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:03 PM

Here here

Sp1der

#3 Bearman

Bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,467 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:18 PM

What on earth are you doing on this forum talking sense?
Spot on!
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#4 alba

alba
  • Coach
  • 223 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:49 AM

great post

#5 Red Stripe

Red Stripe
  • Coach
  • 992 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:19 AM

Well said Pip.

Mike Liversedge

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

#6 RP10

RP10
  • Coach
  • 491 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:37 AM

Great post Pip.................

Still early days!

#7 Offloader

Offloader
  • Players
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:08 PM

100% spot on ! Goofy

#8 Gus Tyson

Gus Tyson
  • Coach
  • 125 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:44 PM

While I believe we all have the right to express our opinions regarding the current position the club finds itself in, I also firmly believe that considerations should be taken into account before berefting players,coaches and Board, Less than 18 months ago this club was teetering on the precipice of going out of exsistence, and was saved by the skin of it,s teeth.Saddled with a Humongous Debt to deal with.
A new board was elected, Darren and Phil where installed as coaches and Players signed up to the Cause the rest is history as they say, Promotion was achieved and we had come through argueablly the worst threat to the clubs very being.
If anyone was under any illusion that this season was going to be anything other than survival to maintain a place in the Championship.Then they are Wrong.
Given the huge Debt hanging over the club, we do not have at our disposal the ability to buy our way to success, Lo and behold we have not yet found our feet, and suddenly The board ( for resisting D/Reg ) the Coach ain,t upto it, and Some of the players are Useless.
Get a Grip, These individuals are Responsible for the very exsistence of this Great Club, and my message to all the Detractors is SUPPORT your Club.
KEEP THE FAITH.
Pip Larkin.

i think this is not the place to get a message to the detractors, i would say everyone on here is a regular at craven park. Try the evening mail website or face book runaway as it might be more suitable there.

i agree that anyone with a brain cell will have realised that survival is the aim for this season. I personally dont believe we will survive.
we have now lost 2 must win games, Haven and donny. Fair enough, we got a win against the rams which is a huge bonus but we need to beat the other 'poor' sides around us.
We need some backs, a centre for sure and a winger. Failing that, put haney back on the wing and bring in a fullback, Ballard fits the bill!!

#9 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:51 PM

and bring in a fullback, Ballard fits the bill!!

Not according to 'recently divorced' that super league talent spotter bloke on the Darren Holt thread mate..... according to him he is average at best BUT average would walk into our backs at the moment anyway :lol:

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#10 beachy01

beachy01
  • Players
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:23 PM

very well said pip

and im sorry morty but i agree with the divorced one! ballard was and still is a class winger just dont think he was a good fullback from what i saw he was often caught out positionaly! but obviously this is only my POV

still think our backs are a match for most others in this league and the best centre we have at the club (barring moving the bull) is twiggy

chez had an off day sunday and thats it, class player and always gives 100%