Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
* * - - - 1 votes

Fev away predictions

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#21 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 816 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:05 PM

Mr Hewer would make his report sound as bad as he could that,s for sure been a jam eater.

#22 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:14 PM

There are different grades of foul and abusive language but I think Thacks was also charged with raising his arms in a threatening manner as well as the language. That's why it's a grade C category offence.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#23 Cato89

Cato89
  • Coach
  • 659 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:20 PM

From what I have heard,IF true,Thackray deserves a ban .

#24 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,592 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:21 PM

Simple for this game, come out of it with no injuries and our pride intact. A bonus point would be a....erm....bonus....erm....you know what I mean.

#25 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 816 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:45 PM

Thackary got two match ban.

#26 fester

fester
  • Coach
  • 515 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:53 PM

Spill the beans cato89?

#27 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:02 PM

No don't start spreading gossip about one of our own lads on here that may not have any truth in it at all.
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#28 Cato89

Cato89
  • Coach
  • 659 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:09 PM

I wouldnt say anything on here...

#29 Oneday

Oneday
  • Coach
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:25 PM

i agree David. We have the pack to deal with the jampots we just need them all through the fev game injury free and the backs too of course but our pack will be key in the derby. I will be glad to see the back of this next fixture.

I agree too, lets use it to try a few different combinations out ?

#30 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:05 PM

Hope it's a good and entertaining game and you enjoy the afternoon. There's great history between the two clubs and I hope Sunday can add to that. You'll be made welcome at Post Office Road.
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#31 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:19 PM

If we dont use five Widnes dual reg this week theres something wrong! And Jack Gaskell is a good young player but throwing him into this game might absolutely ruin his development!

Score - 52 10 to Fev
Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

#32 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,988 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:45 PM

If we dont use five Widnes dual reg this week theres something wrong! And Jack Gaskell is a good young player but throwing him into this game might absolutely ruin his development!

Score - 52 10 to Fev

i agree gillmeister

#33 Town Army

Town Army
  • Coach
  • 255 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:03 PM

How old is Gaskell, anybody know?

#34 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:13 PM

How old is Gaskell, anybody know?

He was 18 in January.

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#35 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:20 PM

Score - 52 10 to Fev

3 at the most

#36 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:35 PM

3 at the most

Agree as Widnes have a few injuries too.I think Lawton,Hulme and Gore possibly.

#37 Bearintown

Bearintown
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:58 PM

I didn't realize Gaskell was only 18.
However its difficult to see how he is going to develop as he's hardly had a game and going by his lack of game time last week- not ready to play 1st team?

I reckon that there should be a dual reg agreement with the amature game allowing young players to get game time, back at their original amatuer club

#38 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,002 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:26 PM

Good idea , in fact for any squad players of clubs in the championships who aren't getting a game .

#39 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,693 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:49 PM

I didn't realize Gaskell was only 18.
However its difficult to see how he is going to develop as he's hardly had a game and going by his lack of game time last week- not ready to play 1st team?

I reckon that there should be a dual reg agreement with the amature game allowing young players to get game time, back at their original amatuer club

Sorry for jumping in on your idea but it caught my eye. What's stopping champ clubs teaming up with champ one clubs? So the players in the champ that are not getting game time or just coming back from injury can get game time like the SL players do in our league. I think we Fev are looking into something similar at the minute but with no teams in their from Yorkshire I think we have given it up as a bad job 😄😄😄but its an idea worth thinking about.

Edited by thundergaz, 21 March 2013 - 07:50 PM.

#40 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:42 PM

So from what you've just posted gaz, I take it you don't mind somebody else becoming Fev reserves!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users