Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
* * - - - 1 votes

Fev away predictions

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#41 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,687 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:47 PM

So from what you've just posted gaz, I take it you don't mind somebody else becoming Fev reserves!!!!!

Personally Keith I'm totally against the feeder/reserves idea. But it looks like we can't stop it anytime soon so why don't we benefit from it? It's totally different from being a reserve/feeder club to actually be the feeder.

Edited by thundergaz, 21 March 2013 - 08:49 PM.

#42 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,002 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:59 PM

I'm sure a few reserve Fevites would love a tootle to Hemel Hempstead !

#43 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,687 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:01 PM

I'm sure a few reserve Fevites would love a tootle to Hemel Hempstead !

Yeah I know David that's why I think we gave the idea up as a bad job mate.

#44 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,887 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:59 AM

My prediction 0-0 as game will be postponed

#45 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,002 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:02 AM

Two points each ... Shame .

#46 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,687 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:25 AM

My prediction 0-0 as game will be postponed

Yeah it's not looking good for it being on at the minute. It's SNOWING AGAIN.

#47 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:09 PM

Yeah it's not looking good for it being on at the minute. It's SNOWING AGAIN.

keep snowing in featherstone please!!!

#48 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,687 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:15 PM

keep snowing in featherstone please!!!

Why? The game will only be played Monday or Tuesday so it will give you less turn around for the haven game.

#49 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,002 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:26 PM

No way can we agree to play in Easter week before Good Friday ! It'll have to wait till later in a free weekend , when we're both out the cup . Or do they have to play right away ?

Edited by DavidM, 22 March 2013 - 03:27 PM.

#50 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,687 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:36 PM

No way can we agree to play in Easter week before Good Friday ! It'll have to wait till later in a free weekend , when we're both out the cup . Or do they have to play right away ?

I'm not entirely sure David but I think you get 48 hours after the allocated date to play the fixture. After that period of time it can be rearranged. (This is only through bad weather though don't know about shortage of players etc)

#51 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,002 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:46 PM

Common sense at Easter should prevail , with two games in four days upcoming ! Then this is the RFL !

#52 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,687 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:51 PM

Common sense at Easter should prevail , with two games in four days upcoming ! Then this is the RFL !

I agree David but the RFL have stated a 3 day turn around is easily enough. I personally don't think it is for semi pro players but hey ho. Also I very much doubt the game will be on on Sunday unless we don't get any snow tomorrow or Sunday because we've got at least 5 inch here.

#53 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,189 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:01 PM

Sorry for jumping in on your idea but it caught my eye. What's stopping champ clubs teaming up with champ one clubs? So the players in the champ that are not getting game time or just coming back from injury can get game time like the SL players do in our league. I think we Fev are looking into something similar at the minute but with no teams in their from Yorkshire I think we have given it up as a bad job but its an idea worth thinking about.

Lend them to Dewsbury TG. They are championship 1 club masquerading as a Championship club

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#54 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,687 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:09 PM

Lend them to Dewsbury TG. They are championship 1 club masquerading as a Championship club

😄😄😄 just to clear this up though you said that not me piggy mate😄😄😄.

#55 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:51 PM

Snow to die out Saturday mainly dry Sunday according to forecast;

#56 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:45 PM

With Gore added to the squad along with Hulme & Lawton can we assume that Coyle will now be missing out or is It Forber?
If they are both fit I'd prefer to keep Forber in the squad as Coyle just seems out of form at present.
Question for our Widnes mates; can Gore kick either out of hand or for goal?
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#57 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:52 PM

With Gore added to the squad along with Hulme & Lawton can we assume that Coyle will now be missing out or is It Forber?
If they are both fit I'd prefer to keep Forber in the squad as Coyle just seems out of form at present.

both and a damn sight better than Coyle - he has played most of his time as a half back - both during his amateur career in Wigan ( where I watched him develop) and then during all the academy games he played at Widnes - mostly with Danny Craven. Then for some reason they have decided 9 would be a better position for him.I'm not sure but I'm sure someone from the Widnes set-up like Widnes RLFC has a better view on things as hes probably watched Grant a damn sight more than me in recent years

Edited by wonderofwood, 22 March 2013 - 07:53 PM.

#58 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,841 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:57 PM

It is up to both clubs to arrange a date in the following week however they must take in to consideration clubs midweek and weekend fixtures and as both have a game on Friday of this week and Monday of next week, I would think that we would be looking at the week after that. They can only re-arrange it for a vacant weekend when both teams are say not playing in the cup matches but they have to know that weekend is free before they re-arrange it.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#59 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:04 PM

Gore has kicked goals but very rarely as Craven mainly kicked goals in his Academy team.A good player Gore but I feel better at hooker in few games seen of him.I would look at dual or loan with Tom Gilmore in a few months time, as his kicking game is very good and can kick goals mate.

#60 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:10 PM

Gore has kicked goals but very rarely as Craven mainly kicked goals in his Academy team.A good player Gore but I feel better at hooker in few games seen of him.I would look at dual or loan with Tom Gilmore in a few months time, as his kicking game is very good and can kick goals mate.

You keep talking about Tom Gilmore going to Workington on dual or loan, do you think this would benefit both parties, I see Tom joining the beloved Warrington :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users