Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
* * - - - 1 votes

Fev away predictions

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#81 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,183 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:27 AM

Is the pitch frozen ?

#82 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:31 AM

its under a couple of feet of snow
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#83 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,019 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:34 AM

its under a couple of feet of snow

if temp drops i can't
see it being on. I hope its off to be honest.

#84 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:43 AM

if temp drops i can't
see it being on. I hope its off to be honest.

it wont do us any harm if its off, gives injured lads another 5 days rest, and haven have a very tough tiring game so hopefully it will take something out of them. plus lets be honest it could be a bit of a confidence dropper against fev.

#85 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,183 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:46 AM

Aye , put it on the back burner as there's no way to shove it in before Easter week . We need to give the haven game
all our focus as its so vital .

#86 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,019 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:57 AM

Fev will want it on but i think it will be travelling conditions too as will as the pitch that may be an issue.

#87 Ben10

Ben10
  • Players
  • 70 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:18 PM

With Gore added to the squad along with Hulme & Lawton can we assume that Coyle will now be missing out or is It Forber?
If they are both fit I'd prefer to keep Forber in the squad as Coyle just seems out of form at present.
Question for our Widnes mates; can Gore kick either out of hand or for goal?

Peter Lupton will miss out so guess Coyle will be playing.

#88 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,907 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:26 PM

Is the pitch frozen ?

The pitch wont be the main problem rather the access roads to the ground, the ground itself and the terracing

Also, hearing the roads out of workington arent looking too good either with a few closures so will your team even make it would also be considered

Edited by elppaxr2i, 23 March 2013 - 12:28 PM.

#89 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:58 PM

the barrow lads would really struggle even if it was a home game, roads are bad that way.

#90 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 462 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:45 PM

Recent post on Featherstone site. "Due to adverse weather conditions, a pitch inspection will take place at the Big Fellas Stadium at 7am on Sunday prior to the Workington fixture. We will update the website with further news as soon as possible."

#91 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 837 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:38 PM

So if the pitch inspection say,s ok the match is on. What about the weather conditions on the roads to get there. Have any body giving that a thought???

#92 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:58 PM

So if the pitch inspection say,s ok the match is on. What about the weather conditions on the roads to get there. Have any body giving that a thought???

M62 isn't too bad been across and back it today but i guess getting across from Worky to the M62 might be a bit of a problem.

#93 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:58 PM

of course they have. if town cant get there because of the weather then the game will postponed regardless of the condition of the pitch