TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

knights v Doncaster

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#41 BIG IAN

BIG IAN
  • Coach
  • 3,049 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:07 PM

Book me and steve on bus please gaz.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#42 Clarence St

Clarence St
  • Coach
  • 355 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:35 PM

If anyone did take any kind of offence, I apologise. That's obviously not what was meant.

Well I didn't take any offence at all Peter and after a few days of mainly depressing stuff on here, understandably so after Sunday's debacle, I found it to be like a much needed, welcome, breath of fresh air. Thank you.
After all, we knew after the Workington win that one good win doesn't make us world beaters just the same as one terrible result doesn't necessarily make us bottom of the table candidates. I know we lost heavily at both Sheffield and Batley but we won't be the only team to do that this season I'm sure and, in my opinion at least, in both those games there were valid excuses for the size of the defeat whereas at Keighley there was no excuse apart from every member of the team seemed to choose that day not to show up. It's the first time it's happened this season, let's hope it's the last!
P.S. That's a fine gesture from the players and to me it shows their feelings about the game last Sunday and they want to try and make some kind of amends and that's the first step. Many thanks lads. Let's hope the second step can come off at Doncaster!

Edited by Clarence St, 20 March 2013 - 09:42 PM.

#43 jiggyknight

jiggyknight
  • Coach
  • 659 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:42 AM

Book me and steve on bus please gaz.

change of heart mate

#44 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:42 AM

Very impressed with a lot of people over the supporters bus stuff, just heard Rammo
live on Radio York talking about it so some really good, positive publicity there.

In fact, so impressed that me & the other half have agreed to make a small donation
to squad builder so Simon make sure you're there Sunday & we will give you it.

Another thought, respect Peter G's comments cos he talks loads of sense, but for me,
i will take Pete Martinis comments as a well needed rallying call.

Would also love to see Knights fans actually in Knights colours when we go away
(as per every single Worky fan when they came to us), know people cannot afford
to buy shirts every season, but think it looks really impressive when we look like we
are all together.

In fact, I have shirts going back over every Knights season so far, so if anyone want's
a free (or small donation to squad builder) shirt, just have a word with me at any game
& I will bring some to the next game - only condition is you must wear it !!

Edited by shades2, 21 March 2013 - 08:44 AM.

#45 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 618 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:14 AM

That's a good call Shades, colours matter. I decided against wearing a shirt at matches this year because I was starting to feel abit lonely. Tbh that's why I don't have this years. I'll start wearing one again.

But apart from the colours, we spread out too much. On sunday there were 2 lads stood in a corner with about 6 flags up - then all along the terraces there were little patches of Knights fans. I'm sure there wouldve been fans in the stands too.
If we all stood together - those lads with the flags, the singsong faithful, THE DRUM and everyone else in their colours - well, I think every performance would be like the V Worky one. As peter said before, atmosphere helps bring people to games, so if we all stand together, home and away, that atmosphere will create itself and we'll get back to it being fun again.

Now, I like to be on the halfway line, but if anyone has a better vantage point, I'd gladly move if we're all together.

Also, I'm still not coming on Sunday :(

#46 KISS

KISS
  • Players
  • 97 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:28 AM

The coach to Doncaster will leave Ainsty 12-00, Clarence Street 12.15 Stadium 12.30 Returning immediately after the game, the first 49 people to contact me on 07763121732 can travel FREE regardless whether they were on the bus to Keighley or not.

#47 Peter G.

Peter G.
  • Coach
  • 319 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:00 AM

Simplistic or not, .
My comments (whether they should be aimed at people on this forum or not) were merely an attempt, even if it's in vain, to act as some sort of rallying cry.
In my opinion, it is people who make clubs 'credible',

Thanks for your reply Pete, just a couple of observations :

I only meant your win lose or draw comment was too simplistic, not the whole piece!

Your rallying cry was certainly not in vain.

Yes, amongst other variables it is people who can make a club credible or not, and this applies from top to bottom.

Finally, I reckon we could talk forever about the reasons for declining attendances etc and the interpretation of words like credibility, but as I recently told a younger journo we might have to agree to differ ( you know the bloke, tends to have a shirt fetish and gives loads of dosh to squadbuilder)

Cheers,

Peter.

Edited by Peter G., 21 March 2013 - 02:10 PM.

#48 jayemm

jayemm
  • Coach
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:46 AM

A big thank you to the player's for this offer.This shows that they were hurting as much as we fans were after the dismal showing at Keighley.As it has been said in previous posts,get your colours on and get behind the team.

#49 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:27 PM

Amazing how one gesture can change the whole atmosphere at the club, it really is great to see.

Keep it up guys!
Posted Image

#50 Big Ron

Big Ron
  • Coach
  • 307 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:59 PM

Very impressed with a lot of people over the supporters bus stuff, just heard Rammo
live on Radio York talking about it so some really good, positive publicity there.

In fact, so impressed that me & the other half have agreed to make a small donation
to squad builder so Simon make sure you're there Sunday & we will give you it.

Another thought, respect Peter G's comments cos he talks loads of sense, but for me,
i will take Pete Martinis comments as a well needed rallying call.

Would also love to see Knights fans actually in Knights colours when we go away
(as per every single Worky fan when they came to us), know people cannot afford
to buy shirts every season, but think it looks really impressive when we look like we
are all together.

In fact, I have shirts going back over every Knights season so far, so if anyone want's
a free (or small donation to squad builder) shirt, just have a word with me at any game
& I will bring some to the next game - only condition is you must wear it !!

don think yours would fit me col :D :D :D

#51 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:47 PM

Just for Deano (sorry mate) - about time we saw Chris Green again....

Hull FC coach Peter Gentle has recalled Aaron Heremaia and Danny Tickle to his squad for the trip to London Broncos on Saturday.

Former New Zealand international hooker Heremaia missed his side’s defeat to league leaders Huddersfield Giants with a rib injury last weekend but returns to Gentle’s 19-man party for the clash at The Stoop along with Tickle, who has now served his one-match suspension for punching.

The duo take the place of props Chris Green and Jay Pitts in the Black and Whites squad for the game, while Jason Crookes and Paul Johnson will also be for selection having missed out at the John Smith’s Stadium.

#52 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:38 PM

FYI guys... Knights fan Ben Robinson (@twiggerrobinson) has sent me this message...
Posted Image

#53 DEANO

DEANO
  • Coach
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:51 PM

nice one ben
sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

#54 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:18 PM

FYI guys... Knights fan Ben Robinson (@twiggerrobinson) has sent me this message...

You can open an account using your Facebook account

#55 vodka queen

vodka queen
  • Coach
  • 533 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:33 PM

Reading the posts on here, I feel I have to comment.. Peter you are right and the die hards have to be the back bone of the supporters and the club but even this die hard has to draw a line somewhere., since inception I have bought season tickets, shirts, etc season in, season out and even though I'm not one of the 'choir' I love this club and the wasps before that and would hate for anything to happen to it, but the reality is it costs me nearly £65 in fuel and entrance just for a home game, never mind the away trips and with the drivel served up last weekend it really does make me question the costs I'm making as well as my dad.. To me the best gesture the lads can do (as clearly they'll not pay my petrol!!) is to pull their socks up, get some fire in their bellies and fight for the club and play with as much consistency as they can and if they have to lose, then go down fighting.. Apologies if this doesn't make a lot of sense, I'm just writing from the heart..

#56 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:53 PM

One (very small) thing I've noticed is that we no longer 'whey' after each players name as they are read out on the teamsheet.
Also, does anyone else think that having Norris there doesn't actually add anything? The majority of people I see at the rugby are 50-60 year old men and sometimes I feel it's just cringy when he comes out. "Please make a huge noise for Norris the Knight!" silence... Just my opinion of course.

It's time to park the camels.

2014 SQL League Leader

2014 SQL Grand Stupid Champion

#57 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:05 PM

One (very small) thing I've noticed is that we no longer 'whey' after each players name as they are read out on the teamsheet.
Also, does anyone else think that having Norris there doesn't actually add anything? The majority of people I see at the rugby are 50-60 year old men and sometimes I feel it's just cringy when he comes out. "Please make a huge noise for Norris the Knight!" silence... Just my opinion of course.

Hopefully those 50-60 year old blokes will start bringing their children/grandchildren back to games so Norris has someone to have a bit of fun with!
Posted Image

#58 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:10 PM

Hopefully those 50-60 year old blokes will start bringing their children/grandchildren back to games so Norris has someone to have a bit of fun with!

I'll bring mine in a couple of years, I think 2 is a bit too young atm! Any news on the 'free season ticket for all school children' thing Gav?

It's time to park the camels.

2014 SQL League Leader

2014 SQL Grand Stupid Champion

#59 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:19 AM

General thought, see Barrow got a really good bonus point at Leigh last night,
just shows how hard this league is going to be.

Don't really want to harp back to Keighley, but as Marchy said, they may have been
bottom, but 4 of their 6 games before Sunday were against Batley, Fev, Fax & Sheffield
so maybe not suprising & maybe not the true picture of how the Cougars were performing.

#60 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,871 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:27 AM

Dont think the Knights fans are concerned how Keighley are playing, but how bad we are playing away from home.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users