Stadium development updates

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:52 AM

Seems to have gone all quiet on the following subjects,wonder on the forum anyone has any updates,
Second is,what's happening with the Dewsbury Rams Development plans for the area around the ground,are the plans still on going ?
Last one is the terracing behind the posts,said in the Leigh programme they was more delays,has the plans changed or things will be able to start soon ? Wilsden Ram might know what's happening with these subjects.

#2 Wilsden Ram

Wilsden Ram
  • Coach
  • 244 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:42 PM

Negotiations are still ongoing with a potential new Sponsor for the remainder of this season and next and I am sure that this
will be a positive situation in the near future. However in the meantime, the club does need everyone to rally round and help
as much as possible in financial terms by attending the Home matches (Sunday was a poor attendance), buying programmes and half-time
draw tickets and visiting the Royal Suite after the Game. I realise that some fans are not happy with the playing performances in
recent games but the only way we will progress is if everyone pulls together. Some of the comments on this Forum recently are very
negative and de-motivating for all the people who give their time to the club voluntarily (especially on Match Days). We all want
the club to succeed on and off the field but this needs as many of our 700 - 800 core supporters to contibute in whatever positive
way that they can.

As far as I am aware, the next stage of the Development Plans will become public in May.

I think we are almost there with the Terracing Project. Today, there has been an on-site meeting with the Builder, the Council and the
Structural Engineer and everyone is satisfied with the proposed construction methods and numerous other issues which have been
raised in recent weeks. The latest one relates to the pathway which we were instructed was to be 1.2 m in width in September and it
was built to this width. It now has to be extended to 1.9 m wide. As as consequence of all the changes, the cost of the structure has
increased somewhat and I have been round with the begging bowl once more! I hope all or Fans will appreciate the Project when it is complete
although there will no doubt be the usual suspects who will find something to moan about - the colour of the concrete or the fact that it
doesn't reach to the Scoreboard etc. In addition, the club will need to spend more money on matchdays to provide an extra steward for this
facility to meet the Health and safety requirements.

#3 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:15 PM

Thanks for the update,good positive news seems to be over the horizon,all our supporters need to support the club in any way they can.

#4 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:24 PM

Wilsden Ram - thank you for the update

#5 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:37 AM

Next Tuesday could be a big day in the future of the Dewsbury Rams,Kirklees Council's Cabinet meeting is on that day and officers are recommending councillors to approve the masterplan to redevelop land on Owl Lane.This could be good news not just for us,but the town of Dewsbury,we need some good news !!

Edited by andyram, 05 April 2013 - 10:40 AM.

#6 Dewsbury Rams

Dewsbury Rams
  • Players
  • 52 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:11 PM

Work on the new terracing at the Owl Lane end of the ground has started this week. Unfortunately therefore all that area is considered as part of a building site and the pathway from the South Stand to the Main Stand can't be used for health and safety reasons. The only people allowed to use this area are club officials and employees and people there on official business and sanctioned by the club.

Also there are large piles of earth in the area where children sometimes play and since this area has also been the access route for diggers and other equipment it is no longer suitable for use and is also now officially a part of the building site area. We would ask any parents/guardians bringing children to the game to make sure they keep well away from this area.

We apologise for any inconvenience all this may cause spectators but unfortunately it is a necessary part of the building process.

#7 RogerTRam

RogerTRam
  • Coach
  • 220 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:16 PM

Latest news from the Reporter website.

Dewsbury Rams plan backed by councillors

Published on 09/04/2013 17:41

Plans that will help secure the long term future of Dewsbury Rams have been given the backing Kirklees Council cabinet members.

A masterplan for a development on land near the Dewsbury Rams Stadium in Owl Lane was approved at a cabinet meeting this afternoon (Tuesday).

The proposal includes 234 homes, a park and a replacement practice pitch. The council, as landlords, will now use the masterplan as part of the planning application, which will then need to be approved by councillors.

The residential development will be built entirely on green belt land.

For the full story, see Friday’s Reporter.

#8 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:10 PM

That's great news,one step nearer for this to actually happen.

#9 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:22 PM

And all this work will bring what to the club
regarding monies if the council are the landlords ?

#10 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:04 PM

Still need another stand and wasn't we getting afew training pitches and a gym??? 200 n odd houses and what do we get for the land? A training pitch? And a new carpark???

#11 muddyfunster

muddyfunster
  • Coach
  • 962 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:03 PM

Work on the new terracing at the Owl Lane end of the ground has started this week. Unfortunately therefore all that area is considered as part of a building site and the pathway from the South Stand to the Main Stand can't be used for health and safety reasons. The only people allowed to use this area are club officials and employees and people there on official business and sanctioned by the club.

Also there are large piles of earth in the area where children sometimes play and since this area has also been the access route for diggers and other equipment it is no longer suitable for use and is also now officially a part of the building site area. We would ask any parents/guardians bringing children to the game to make sure they keep well away from this area.

We apologise for any inconvenience all this may cause spectators but unfortunately it is a necessary part of the building process.

Once the work is complete will the grass area to the side be open for the kids again?

The future's bright, the future's RED AMBER & BLACK!

http://www.jmgaskets-seals.co.uk/

name.png

#12 Dewsbury Rams

Dewsbury Rams
  • Players
  • 52 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:11 PM

This will depend on how the area is left after the work is finished and what area is available once the terrace is completed. If it is in a suitable condition then children will be allowed to play there for the time being providing they are properly supervised by their parents/guardians who will need to be responsible for them.

#13 Hugh Jarce

Hugh Jarce
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:53 PM

This will depend on how the area is left after the work is finished and what area is available once the terrace is completed. If it is in a suitable condition then children will be allowed to play there for the time being providing they are properly supervised by their parents/guardians who will need to be responsible for them.

Well the Club need to instruct the Contractor to ensure the area is in a suitable condition when work is complete.

"Life's tough.......It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

#14 Kelsey The Ram

Kelsey The Ram
  • Coach
  • 385 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:29 PM

Still need another stand and wasn't we getting afew training pitches and a gym??? 200 n odd houses and what do we get for the land? A training pitch? And a new carpark???

Wasn't it a POTENTIAL west stand??
"Are you tryin' to mug me off in front of my pals?"

#15 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,719 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:32 PM

Well the Club need to instruct the Contractor to ensure the area is in a suitable condition when work is complete.

Do you hear this Wilsden Ram?

Just make sure that you do things properly, OK??

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#16 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:35 PM

DTID - the club get cash as well which is to go into a Trust. Look it up on Reporter online last week. And frankly we don't need another stand.

#17 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:16 PM

I would be happy with gettin some more terracing behind the other posts,would make the ground tidy and give the chance for fans to swap ends at half time if they wish.

#18 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:18 PM

Ok il have a read mate. I know we're getting a cash injection which with help cement the long term future of the club or for so many years. Is it just one training pitch and will we be renting this training pitch out when not in use to try make some income?

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 10 April 2013 - 07:19 PM.

#19 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,351 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:35 AM

Would you loose the carboot?

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#20 Wilsden Ram

Wilsden Ram
  • Coach
  • 244 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:48 AM

BSJ - I have rung the Contractor this morning to make sure that he complies with the exacting standards required by the Forum Experts.

I am sure that he will, as he would like to tender for further work in the next stage of the Stadium development work (for which we will, of course, 

invite at least 3 other tenders as per previous Forum Advice).

I am sure that we may have talked about this matter in our many hours of Design and re-design, costing and re-costing and fundraising.

I promise that I will treat this Project as if I had invested a considerable amount of my own time and money into it - oh hang on......................

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users