Stadium development updates

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#21 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 922 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:22 AM

WR when is the path likely to be finished?

Edited by Ramite, 11 April 2013 - 07:25 AM.

Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#22 Wilsden Ram

Wilsden Ram
  • Coach
  • 244 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:41 AM

No only a small proportion of what will be the final total in monetary terms, but I have helped to co-ordinate the fundraising and, apart from one donation,

I have relied  on some very large favours and been supported by some very generous individuals who will receive no benefit fron the project.

My major contribution has been in the hours of time spent speaking with the Contractor, begging favours and finance, and telephone bills.

It started as a seven step terrace and a relatively low cost project but has mushroomed in the facility you will see in June.  Perhaps we have let our

desire to see the club move forward run away with us but at least everything will be paid for and the club will benefit for years to come without any 

Financial burden.

#23 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 922 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:58 AM

WR Thanks for the reply, I had changed my question as I thought you maybe didn't want to speak about the money side of things on an open forum. We may have clashed swords over this before but I would like to say a big thanks for the effort you have put into this. I can imagine the amount of work it has taken to get this far. Looking forward to see it finished.
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#24 Wilsden Ram

Wilsden Ram
  • Coach
  • 244 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:09 AM

I am sure that it will be worth it for every Rams Fan to enjoy and be proud of.

Thanks for the post.

#25 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,719 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:11 AM

I would be happy with gettin some more terracing behind the other posts,would make the ground tidy and give the chance for fans to swap ends at half time if they wish.

I'd be happy with getting more fans to fill the space that we already have.

B)

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#26 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,719 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:11 AM

Would you loose the carboot?

Fly carboot, fly!

^_^

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#27 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:57 AM

Cant have terrace behind the other sticks due to the preposed developement.

#28 Wilsden Ram

Wilsden Ram
  • Coach
  • 244 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:48 AM

The Proposed Development includes plans (and I believe outline Planning Permission) for a covered Standing area of around 12 -14 steps at the Bywell

Road end of the Ground.  This was included in the presentation by the Developers and MS some time ago in the Royal Suite and is on the publicity material

distributed at the same time.  The new Car Park will be located behind this Stand as the current Car Park will be the site of the all-weather floodlit Training Pitch

and the 2 smaller multi-use areas.  The club will.of course, be using these facilities to develop future Income streams.

#29 DewsburyReporter

DewsburyReporter
  • Players
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:51 AM

Councillors have given the thumbs up to Rams development. Read online here http://

bit.ly/ZJhWlV or see the Dewsbury Reporter for full story

#30 RogerTRam

RogerTRam
  • Coach
  • 220 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:04 PM

Hello Dewsbury Reporter nice to see you here. I hope your going to be a regular poster, as offical news about the Rams is always welcome here.

Roger Ram

#31 Ackroman

Ackroman
  • Coach
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:38 PM

I'm prepared to be shot at here but I think overall this may be a lost opportunity.

Bearing in mind the proximity to the Batley border, I think a site owned by the 2 local clubs playing from this location would have been a fantastic opportunity.

However my masterplan would have been to have one club capable of playing in SL from this location, who were playing in a stadium to match.

But that clearly wouldn't please the 1500 people who watch the 2 clubs now. However it just might have sparked some interest in the 100,000 or so who don't.

#32 funkmaster flex

funkmaster flex
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:40 PM

Hello Dewsbury Reporter nice to see you here. I hope your going to be a regular poster, as offical news about the Rams is always welcome here.

Roger Ram

Fantastic news!

Now lets just wait for all the dog walkers who have never actually walked their dog, and old the old people who have too much time on their hands to form a mass opposition :/

Living life and loving every second

http://www.summerhol.com

#33 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,748 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:29 PM

I'm prepared to be shot at here but I think overall this may be a lost opportunity.

Bearing in mind the proximity to the Batley border, I think a site owned by the 2 local clubs playing from this location would have been a fantastic opportunity.

However my masterplan would have been to have one club capable of playing in SL from this location, who were playing in a stadium to match.

But that clearly wouldn't please the 1500 people who watch the 2 clubs now. However it just might have sparked some interest in the 100,000 or so who don't.

An idea previously touted by the RFL. Problem is, that of the 101,500 people of which you speak, 100,000 of them either have no interest in sport at all or would prefer SL, lower division soccer, dominoes or horizontal jogging. The majority of the 1500 diehards would sooner be disembowelled than be part of a single HW team, and if it ever happened it would be unlikely to pull in more supporters than the individual clubs do now. Bit like if fev and cas merged really. (raised eyebrows emotion - yes they still aren't working)

#34 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,719 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:30 PM

Fantastic news!

Now lets just wait for all the dog walkers who have never actually walked their dog, and old the old people who have too much time on their hands to form a mass opposition :/

Careful what you say about old people FF - some of them might just post on this forum you know.

Don't rile old people.  :angry:

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#35 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,719 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:32 PM

An idea previously touted by the RFL. Problem is, that of the 101,500 people of which you speak, 100,000 of them either have no interest in sport at all or would prefer SL, lower division soccer, dominoes or horizontal jogging. The majority of the 1500 diehards would sooner be disembowelled than be part of a single HW team, and if it ever happened it would be unlikely to pull in more supporters than the individual clubs do now. Bit like if fev and cas merged really. (raised eyebrows emotion - yes they still aren't working)

GOR. Look at the greyed-out panel where the emoticons etc are. There is a little symbol like a light switch there - try clicking this.

HTH

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#36 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,748 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:42 PM

GOR. Look at the greyed-out panel where the emoticons etc are. There is a little symbol like a light switch there - try clicking this.

HTH

Testing one two three . :wacko:  ........ :O it works... :)  :) :)  

Thanks BSJ - going to have go on one of those computer education courses for old gimps. :lol:

#37 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:56 PM

Fantastic news for the club and well done to those involved. As always with the Rams it is a long hard road, but some light on the horizon.

#38 funkmaster flex

funkmaster flex
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:14 PM

Careful what you say about old people FF - some of them might just post on this forum you know.

Don't rile old people.  :angry:

Thankfully not all old people have too much time on their hands ;)

Living life and loving every second

http://www.summerhol.com

#39 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,351 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:56 PM

Testing one two three . :wacko: ........ :O it works... :) :) :)

Thanks BSJ - going to have go on one of those computer education courses for old gimps. :lol:

There is cheap course running at the moment in Damacus. I'm sure we could av a whip round over here to send coolie, eddie , BSJ and your goodself GOR;)

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#40 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,351 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:59 PM

Don't rile old people. :angry:

Careful Trolly dolly if BSJ finds his teeth he might bite you!

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users