Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Dual Registration

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 johnh

johnh
  • Coach
  • 245 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:31 PM

Hits the nail on the head for me. Dual Reg is all about saving money for SL clubs.

http://www.loverugby...-abysmal--.html
Matt - send us some players from Tonga

#2 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,767 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:39 PM

Of course it is. Who didn't know that ? :mellow:
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#3 johnh

johnh
  • Coach
  • 245 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:41 PM

Did you do a degree in starting an argument in an empty room?
Matt - send us some players from Tonga

#4 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,693 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:49 PM

The DR system as always been to favour the SL clubs. It's just a slower and sly way to get champ clubs to become feeder clubs. It's about saving the SL clubs money but like swinton have found out recently it goes a lot deeper than that.

#5 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,767 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:11 PM

Did you do a degree in starting an argument in an empty room?

What ? By agreeing with people ? :blink:
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#6 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:18 PM

It's the way you speak to people you just can't help yourself

Edit due to a abusive term

Edited by Maureen T-k, 20 March 2013 - 02:56 PM.

I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

#7 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,852 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:41 PM

Wouldn't SL clubs save more money by reducing their full-time squad? The majority of academy and fringe players would be better off building a career outside RL in case they don't make the grade. Only a small percentage make the grade in Super League and it would be down to the clubs to spot the very best and reward them with full-time contracts. With the money saved they could run a reserve side on part-time wages!

#8 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:08 AM

Sure is SUPER when they cant afford to run teams despite the handouts

#9 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,170 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:16 PM

Putting this in a nutshell in the end the scheme is a disaster all way round. If a SL club wants a player returning from injury some game time and the Championship club turn him down then he sits about until someone else gets injured and then he is thrown in at the deep end with no game time and is rusty. Alternatively if the Championship club accepts the SL player then a Championship player is sat on the side lines with no game time. The reintroduction of the SL second teams is a must for RL to survive otherwise the whole game will lose players by the bucketful. I said second team rather than under 23's as there are players over 23 who are not getting any playtime. This scheme was introduced by SL against RL wished to save money I reckon the time is ripe for a rethink.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users