Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Team Sheets

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 funkmaster flex

funkmaster flex
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:33 PM

If the program was better - Then more people would buy it.

Its unfair to tell someone they cannot know who is playing unless they buy a program, to justify it by saying 'other teams do it' or to use it to coerce people into shelling out for a program is equally as snide.

Edited by funkmaster flex, 23 March 2013 - 08:34 PM.

Living life and loving every second

http://www.summerhol.com

#22 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,643 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:43 PM

I thought your clubs statement was fair and sensible in the current climate. I am not sure what the issue is for those who used to get team sheets. I have never been to another club where they issued teamsheets before the match. I know that's not a reason to remove team sheets but it is an example of what everyone else does. For years I have bought programmes with the expectation of seeing the team/squads in there. With squad numbers this is even easier. If I cannot make the match, I get the team from twitter(even though I do not have an account) on my phone. If I still do not know the players I ask the bloke next to me or listen to the tannoy.

I am amazed that such a sensible, well explained decision generates such emotive language as in the post above, such as coerce and snide!

#23 funkmaster flex

funkmaster flex
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:12 PM

I thought your clubs statement was fair and sensible in the current climate. I am not sure what the issue is for those who used to get team sheets. I have never been to another club where they issued teamsheets before the match. I know that's not a reason to remove team sheets but it is an example of what everyone else does. For years I have bought programmes with the expectation of seeing the team/squads in there. With squad numbers this is even easier. If I cannot make the match, I get the team from twitter(even though I do not have an account) on my phone. If I still do not know the players I ask the bloke next to me or listen to the tannoy.

I am amazed that such a sensible, well explained decision generates such emotive language as in the post above, such as coerce and snide!

'Coerce and snide' is not emotive language, its descriptive language that forms an opinion - Which is different to yours.

Lets not get carried away.

#24 RogerTRam

RogerTRam
  • Coach
  • 216 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:20 PM

If the program was better - Then more people would buy it.

Its unfair to tell someone they cannot know who is playing unless they buy a program, to justify it by saying 'other teams do it' or to use it to coerce people into shelling out for a program is equally as snide.

On a positive note Funk if you feel that the program is not up to scratch in some way and you or any other person as any ideas or suggestions which could improve it then lets hear them.

#25 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,643 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:24 PM

'Coerce and snide' is not emotive language, its descriptive language that forms an opinion - Which is different to yours.

Lets not get carried away.

Oh completely disagree but that's the beauty of a public forum, one can state opposing opinions.

#26 funkmaster flex

funkmaster flex
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:59 PM

RTR, program is good, but not great. Re suggestions; leave it with me.