Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

22/03/13 - Wakefield Trinity Wildcats v Leeds Rhinos - KO 8pm

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (8 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Wakefield Trinity Wildcats (3 votes [37.50%])

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

2. Voted Leeds Rhinos (5 votes [62.50%])

Percentage of vote: 62.50%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,427 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:02 AM

Peter Smith@PeteSmithYEP26s

Looks like Wakey v Rhinos might be off tonight + rearranged for Sunday. But that's not official yet. @leedsrhinos @WTWildcatsRL

Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#22 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,427 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:04 AM

Peter Smith@PeteSmithYEP32s

Just got there first! Now official, Wakey v Rhinos is OFF tonight. re-arranged for Sunday 3.30pm @leedsrhinos @WTWildcatsRL

#23 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,130 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:16 AM

Quick turn around for Leeds.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#24 Southstander13

Southstander13
  • Coach
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:19 AM

Yeah, Sunday (Wakey), Thursday (Bulls), Monday (Catalans in France) is not the ideal scenario!

#25 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,130 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:22 AM

Yeah, Sunday (Wakey), Thursday (Bulls), Monday (Catalans in France) is not the ideal scenario!

The piggy in the middle is all that matters to me old boy!

If this weather keeps up Catalan might be playing both Leeds and Bradford on Easter Monday. I still don't know if they've set off yet after much delay.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#26 Southstander13

Southstander13
  • Coach
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:41 AM

The piggy in the middle is all that matters to me old boy!

If this weather keeps up Catalan might be playing both Leeds and Bradford on Easter Monday. I still don't know if they've set off yet after much delay.

Yeah to be fair, your boys are over in France this weekend so also have a bit of travelling to do.

Disappointed tonights match is off, was looking forward to it! Not sure I can make Sunday yet!

#27 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,782 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:39 PM

Match called off.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#28 brooza

brooza
  • 4,422 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:09 PM

I'm assuming they were on the 07:00 flight to Barcelona. That went at 11:15
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#29 weloveyouwakefield2

weloveyouwakefield2
  • Coach
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:24 AM

The club are asking for volunteers to clear the snow at Belle Vue this morning if anyone wishes to volunteer .
Posted Image

#30 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,559 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:07 AM

This game has been postponed again apparently because of conditions around the ground. When did it become a given that grown ups couldn't decide whether to take the risk themselves? How would people in this country cope if they lived in a country with proper snow and ice every year? Ridiculous.

#31 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,348 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:22 AM

This game has been postponed again apparently because of conditions around the ground. When did it become a given that grown ups couldn't decide whether to take the risk themselves? How would people in this country cope if they lived in a country with proper snow and ice every year? Ridiculous.

We're glad it's off it's freezing so we would not enjoy it, my wife slipped in ice two weeks ago and broke her wrist.

I think it's great for all concerned, players as well because once the snow is off the pitch that too may ice up.

As you can imagine I don't agree with your post one bit.

How's the weather where you are?

#32 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,988 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:22 AM

Yes, but the BBC website has Catalans playing against the Broncos in London on Thursday, followed by a home game against Wakefield on the Friday! :wacko:

Even that pales into insignificance, though, when you see that Wakefield are not only playing in Perpignan on the Friday, but at the same time they are playing at Castleford. :wacko:

You've got to hand it to Mr Glover. Not only has he rescued Trinity, he's got them playing two games in two different places SIMULTANEOUSLY! :o

I think there might be some slight mistake. ;)

Edited by tonyXIII, 24 March 2013 - 10:23 AM.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#33 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,559 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:33 AM

We're glad it's off it's freezing so we would not enjoy it, my wife slipped in ice two weeks ago and broke her wrist.

People were slipping around Langtree Park on Friday night but at least they had the choice of whether to risk a slip or not! They didn't need nannying.

We played Salford in terrible conditions on Friday night, much worse than anything around today. We still have snow on the ground.

The pitch wasn't the reason for postponing; the surrounding area was.

#34 Harrigan

Harrigan
  • Coach
  • 1,009 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:41 AM

It's the match commissioner who called it off.

I don't know what it's like in St Helens, but over here there's around a foot of snow on the ground and the ice where it's been walked/driven on is the worse I have seen. It is literally like an ice rink. I took my girlfriend home last night and my car stated sliding when I was doing under 10mph. I think the right decision was made Friday, and I think the right decision has been made today. If someone died the club and the RFL would have a lot to answer for.

rhinosbulldogs_zps04cf7e0a.jpg

#35 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,789 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:16 AM

Sensible decision, presumably based on the facts and an objective assessment of the conditions, rather than on some sort of reactionary instincts as proposed by Saintslass.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#36 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,427 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:37 PM

According to Bradford fans on twitter,it's all part of a huge RFL conspiracy so Leeds are fresh to play the Bulls on Thursday :rolleyes:

#37 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,998 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:41 PM

According to Bradford fans on twitter,it's all part of a huge RFL conspiracy so Leeds are fresh to play the Bulls on Thursday :rolleyes:

"I concur" said BOAB. (In his absence).

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#38 amh

amh
  • 11,085 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:55 PM

I'd like to see the snow and ice in St Helens & Salford compared to over here - Friday night or now

Edited by amh, 24 March 2013 - 12:56 PM.

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#39 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,559 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:55 PM

I don't know what it's like in St Helens, but over here there's around a foot of snow on the ground and the ice where it's been walked/driven on is the worse I have seen.

That's what it was like around Langtree Park on Friday night. All compressed ice, very slippy, people had to be careful. Crikey, during the winters of 2009 and 2010 did nobody leave their houses? Because those conditions were even worse.

#40 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,559 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:57 PM

I'd like to see the snow and ice in St Helens compared to over here - Friday night or now

Friday night was lethal and perishing, everywhere. Take a look at some photos of Langtree Park on other forums and you'll see what I mean. There is still a lot of snow around today but in the town centre the council did a big gritting session during the day on Friday on the pavements and the road and so most of the pavements and roads are passable, but only around the town centre. Outlying areas are still lethal.