Photo
- - - - -

22/03/13 - Wakefield Trinity Wildcats v Leeds Rhinos - KO 8pm

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (8 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Wakefield Trinity Wildcats (3 votes [37.50%])

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

2. Voted Leeds Rhinos (5 votes [62.50%])

Percentage of vote: 62.50%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 amh

amh
  • 11,086 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:02 PM

Friday night was lethal and perishing, everywhere. Take a look at some photos of Langtree Park on other forums and you'll see what I mean. There is still a lot of snow around today but in the town centre the council did a big gritting session during the day on Friday on the pavements and the road and so most of the pavements and roads are passable, but only around the town centre. Outlying areas are still lethal.

and may I politely suggest you do the same

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#42 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,482 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:15 PM

We played Salford in terrible conditions on Friday night, much worse than anything around today. We still have snow on the ground.

What was the gate Friday??

Was it the 5,300 the BBC reported??

Should we cast 5,300 medals :D

Edited by The Parksider, 24 March 2013 - 01:18 PM.

#43 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,592 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:23 PM

Heroes,every single one of them :wub:
Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#44 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,724 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:05 PM

No, you should add some more to that: those of both teams and the officials. The game shouldn't have gone ahead but both teams wanted the rest time prior to Good Friday. Both terraces had to be closed as they weren't safe. Almost 100 fans and staff mucked in to clear the snow off the covers earlier in the day but by the time kick off came around there was a complete covering of snow on the pitch (bar at the East Stand end which was protected from the wind by the East Stand). The snow did not stop throughout the match and was blowing strongly in our faces the whole time. God knows how cold it was on the pitch itself but it was freezing and wet in the North Stand. However, we still had the option to take a risk with the surrounding area and there were stories of people slipping, some quite hilarious. But that's life in the UK. Grown ups should be allowed to make their own decisions.

Edited by Saintslass, 24 March 2013 - 02:05 PM.

#45 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,592 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:06 PM

No, you should add some more to that: those of both teams and the officials. The game shouldn't have gone ahead but both teams wanted the rest time prior to Good Friday. Both terraces had to be closed as they weren't safe. Almost 100 fans and staff mucked in to clear the snow off the covers earlier in the day but by the time kick off came around there was a complete covering of snow on the pitch (bar at the East Stand end which was protected from the wind by the East Stand). The snow did not stop throughout the match and was blowing strongly in our faces the whole time. God knows how cold it was on the pitch itself but it was freezing and wet in the North Stand. However, we still had the option to take a risk with the surrounding area and there were stories of people slipping, some quite hilarious. But that's life in the UK. Grown ups should be allowed to make their own decisions.

Who makes yours for you then :ph34r:

#46 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,724 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:07 PM

Hilarious.

#47 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,592 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:08 PM

Hilarious.

I know,it's a gift.

#48 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,333 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:18 PM

That's a bit mean. It seemed a reaonable post to me.
This 6 month Russian winter is awful for all of us. In some ways, once you're warm, running around isn't too bad. Woudn't be a union in this weather though.
Leeds may be looking at 2 mid week fixtures later in the year. Bagsy playing them after one of those.

#49 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:24 PM

The game shouldn't have gone ahead.

Sounds like Wakefield council has made the right decision then.
Posted Image

#50 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,592 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:25 PM

That's a bit mean. It seemed a reaonable post to me.
This 6 month Russian winter is awful for all of us. In some ways, once you're warm, running around isn't too bad. Woudn't be a union in this weather though.
Leeds may be looking at 2 mid week fixtures later in the year. Bagsy playing them after one of those.

Fans cleared the snow at Wakefields ground but it's the surrounding area that are dangerous.The thought of followers of both clubs slipping and injuring themselves isn't worth the risk.Saintlass seems to think that people slipping and falling is funny,says it all really.
We'll play you any time,as long as Sam has another dead leg ;)

#51 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,823 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:34 PM

According to Bradford fans on twitter,it's all part of a huge RFL conspiracy so Leeds are fresh to play the Bulls on Thursday :rolleyes:

Dont know how they've got cheek those Bulls fans.What did they think of the latest conspiricy to keep them in existance?
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#52 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,823 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:37 PM

About 3-4 years ago after a game at Headingley and it was very icy,and I and a few more slipped and fell in the ice walking down Kirkstall lane ,and one man banged the back of his head and an ambulance was called.
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#53 weloveyouwakefield2

weloveyouwakefield2
  • Coach
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:32 PM

According to Bradford fans on twitter,it's all part of a huge RFL conspiracy so Leeds are fresh to play the Bulls on Thursday :rolleyes:

Its funny certain Cas fans are saying the same thing!!
Posted Image

#54 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,592 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:37 PM

Its funny certain Cas fans are saying the same thing!!

A dual conspiracy,the plot thickens.

#55 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,482 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:24 PM

1. The snow did not stop throughout the match and was blowing strongly in our faces the whole time. God knows how cold it was on the pitch itself but it was freezing and wet in the North Stand.

2. Grown ups should be allowed to make their own decisions.

1. :rolleyes: so why bother then?

2. They did and over half of them stayed at home losing the club how much??

It's entertainment not an endurance test.

#56 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,482 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:26 PM

About 3-4 years ago after a game at Headingley and it was very icy,and I and a few more slipped and fell in the ice walking down Kirkstall lane ,and one man banged the back of his head and an ambulance was called.

It's a free country and people have the right to bang the backs of their heads :D

#57 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,592 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:27 PM

It's a free country and people have the right to bang the backs of their heads :D

:D :D

#58 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,724 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:36 PM

Sounds like Wakefield council has made the right decision then.

I disagree. I said ours shouldn't have gone ahead because of the weather, not because it was slippy around the stadium, which is the reason given by Wakefield Council.

#59 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,724 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:40 PM

The thought of followers of both clubs slipping and injuring themselves isn't worth the risk.Saintlass seems to think that people slipping and falling is funny,says it all really.

Well, since the guy who told the story was laughing himself while telling it (and he was one of the people to fall, funnily enough while laughing at his mate falling over), then it was quite funny. But I did only say that some were funny, not all. But hey, if you want to be nannied then that's up to you. I'm a grown up and want to make my own decisions, and think other grown ups should be allowed to make their own decisions.

#60 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,724 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:41 PM

It's entertainment not an endurance test.

Clearly you don't watch Saints.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users