Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

23/03/13 - London Broncos v Hull FC - KO 3pm

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (10 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Voted London Broncos (4 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

2. Hull FC (6 votes [60.00%])

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,693 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:50 PM

Discuss the game here.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#2 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,130 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:11 PM

Hull FC, by 20.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#3 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,993 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:38 PM

Never the happiest of hunting grounds for us, regardless of how poor London have been occasionally.

Still, I'll be unusually optimistic this week... :o

London 16 Hull FC 26.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#4 Rascal Bongo Stork

Rascal Bongo Stork
  • Coach
  • 465 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:34 PM

Will be going to this one with the usual sense of dread of what I'm about to see but you never know, we've crushed the mighty Reds and the powerful Tigers on the road so perhaps it's time to do something at home. Lahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhndan!

#5 Hullfan

Hullfan
  • Coach
  • 687 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:14 PM

Hull by 12 Briscoe 1st try

#6 Hullfan

Hullfan
  • Coach
  • 687 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:23 PM

Just out of interest have hull put a date on Ellis returning or any time frame on the injury????

#7 cookey

cookey
  • Coach
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:42 AM

Two of my favourite sides,shame they can't both win this one.I want Hull to come good and I'm sure they will but equally I'd like London to come good at home.Hope Hull get to Wembley.

#8 Spicer

Spicer
  • Coach
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:30 AM

London by four though needless to say not overly confident.

For the info of those intending to use the mainline trains from Waterloo to Twickenham
best note there are no services at all this weekend to Twickenham Station.
You can either get a Waterloo connection to Teddington or Hounslow and get a rail
replacement bus to Twickenham Station or in the case of Hounslow catch a 281 bus
a hundred yards or so from the station for the 15 min journey alighting at Twickenham Stadium.

Or if you fancy a stroll its a 30 min plus walk from Richmond Station following the A316.

Edited by Spicer, 21 March 2013 - 10:38 AM.

#9 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,130 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:02 PM

Hull FC squad: Joe Arundel, Josh Bowden, Tom Briscoe, Jason Crookes, Ben Crooks, Ben Galea, Aaron Heremaia, Daniel Holdsworth, Richard Horne, Danny Houghton, Paul Johnson, Tom Lineham, Andy Lynch, Shannon McDonnell, Mark O'Meley, Danny Tickle, Liam Watts, Joe Westerman, Richard Whiting.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#10 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,130 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:04 PM

London squad: Chris Bailey, Mark Bryant, Michael Channing, Tony Clubb, Matt Cook, Liam Colbon, Kieran Dixon, Luke Dorn, Ben Fisher, Craig Gower, Antonio Kaufusi, Olsi Krasniqi, Tommy Lee, Will Lovell, Chad Randall, Michael Robertson, Shane Rodney, Dan Sarginson, Michael Witt.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#11 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,526 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:07 PM

London by 6.

#12 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,808 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:52 PM

London by four though needless to say not overly confident.

For the info of those intending to use the mainline trains from Waterloo to Twickenham
best note there are no services at all this weekend to Twickenham Station.
You can either get a Waterloo connection to Teddington or Hounslow and get a rail
replacement bus to Twickenham Station or in the case of Hounslow catch a 281 bus
a hundred yards or so from the station for the 15 min journey alighting at Twickenham Stadium.

Or if you fancy a stroll its a 30 min plus walk from Richmond Station following the A316.

Is St Margarets Station open?

#13 Spicer

Spicer
  • Coach
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:39 AM

I doubt it as there are no trains between Barnes and Whitton.

#14 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,808 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:39 PM

I doubt it as there are no trains between Barnes and Whitton.

Looks like you are right. Always seems to happen at least once per season. Will be a pain in the ###### to get there tomorrow and this will put off a good portion of the already shrinking fanbase. Another good reason for moving away from the Stoop

#15 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:08 AM

Broncos have tweeted there is going to be a pitch inspection due to pools of water on the pitch.I know a lot of people who have set off already, they need to make a decision quick.

#16 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,993 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:09 AM

London v Hull FC now in doubt due to waterlogged pitch.

Inspection due later on today, hope it's in good time although, most, if not all Hull fans will already have set off.

http://www.londonbro...hp#.UU1wLRc2KSo

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#17 THE RED ROOSTER

THE RED ROOSTER
  • Coach
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:15 AM

The clash of the two clubs who have most dissapointed their fans in 2013, The last two home clashes at the Stoop and Gillingham against a Powell coached Bronquins have been close and I expect the same today but as I have forsworn tipping the Broncos following their humbling by Widnes it's Hull to reel in the points.

I would expect the game to go ahead if water is the issue though the Stoop does not have undersoil heating

On London's future location scratch this one out

http://www.telegraph...-the-cards.html

I am an oil trader and successful at that but, but marketing, finance, business management, human resources etc are not my strengths

David Hughes to Ian Lenagan Page 134 - A Pastel Revolution - Fletcher and Gordas - 2006

Being an outsider, it is easiest to see what is wrong with the sport. It's a fantastic sport that has been undersold and under-marketed  because people who run it probably want to keep it the way it is

Dr Marwan Koukash to Joanthan Lieu. Sunday Telegraph 9th March 2014

#18 flyingking

flyingking
  • Coach
  • 756 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:52 AM

Pitch inspection completed and game is good to go ahead.
www.twitter.com/flyingking2

#19 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,808 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:46 AM

The clash of the two clubs who have most dissapointed their fans in 2013, The last two home clashes at the Stoop and Gillingham against a Powell coached Bronquins have been close and I expect the same today but as I have forsworn tipping the Broncos following their humbling by Widnes it's Hull to reel in the points.

I would expect the game to go ahead if water is the issue though the Stoop does not have undersoil heating

On London's future location scratch this one out

http://www.telegraph...-the-cards.html

Disappointing - Broncos could and should have been that partner, and should never have moved away from Griffin Park in the first place. Another example of RL being the front runner only to let union in. If Wasps move in with Brentford, that would be north and west London sewn up by union, leaving only north east, east and south London ripe

#20 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,808 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:49 AM

Pitch inspection completed and game is good to go ahead.

All the same, I've decided to not go. Too much hassle farting around with buses/trains/buses as well as #### weather and a sub 1500 crowd