TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

23/03/13 - London Broncos v Hull FC - KO 3pm

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (10 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Voted London Broncos (4 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

2. Hull FC (6 votes [60.00%])

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,123 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:32 PM

Hull pressing now, 6 tackles on their line.

Tickle drops it on the 2nd.

Lee Radford rang me the other week....I knew Hull FC were a bit desperate but I had no idea it had got that bad.

#42 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,123 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:37 PM

Horne? scores, 18-16.

Lee Radford rang me the other week....I knew Hull FC were a bit desperate but I had no idea it had got that bad.

#43 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:37 PM

Best of luck.

I'd rather I'd lost it.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#44 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,123 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:39 PM

Tickle off touch, 18-18.

Great bit of coaching there.

#45 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:41 PM

Come on get your Grand Final tickets booked.

#46 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,123 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:41 PM

Game over, 18-18.

Lobby won't be happy, another blow out.

#47 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 9,016 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:43 PM

Game over, 18-18.

Lobby won't be happy, another blow out.

and there were transport issues meaning the hardcore of 1800 will have struggled to get there - a bad day all round for Lobby
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#48 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,123 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:44 PM

You think there are touts reading this thread?

#49 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:45 PM

You think there are touts reading this thread?

Why you got some to sell ?

#50 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:56 PM

The season starts here ;)

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#51 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,787 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:01 PM

Looks like London may just be getting their act together, although they won't be happy that they let a two score lead go. Still, better to draw at home than be tonked as previously.

#52 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,123 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:13 PM

The season starts here ;)

Lost your ticket for the common sense express?

#53 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,123 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:15 PM

I'd rather I'd lost it.

Some would suggest you already have

#54 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:21 PM

Some would suggest you already have

I set 'em up...

#55 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:23 PM

Looks like London may just be getting their act together, although they won't be happy that they let a two score lead go. Still, better to draw at home than be tonked as previously.

You'd expect a 12 point lead to be enough in a mudbath. I certainly did.

#56 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:29 PM

So did I, if it had been against a decent team god knows what the outcome would have been.

#57 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,787 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:42 PM

Thing is though London haven't won at home in how long? They will no doubt have had a period in the match when that will have come back to haunt them. While a win would have been ideal for them, a draw will at least give them and their remaining handful of longsuffering fans a bit of something to hold on to for next time. That's my theory anyway!

#58 THE RED ROOSTER

THE RED ROOSTER
  • Coach
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:42 PM

First one back from the game, and the result is a matter of perspective.
Before the game the wintry conditions were reminiscent of the Challenge Cup game at Mount Pleasant last year though curiously once the game had started the snowfall stopped. Looking at the Hull side in the warm up I thought they looked a lot bigger than the Broncos and this would play into Hull's hands and in the last 20 minutes of the game it did as the Broncos were worn down.
I have to disagree with Hull fans after the game who were saying that conditions were a great leveller for the Broncos because conditions suited Hull IMO and during the game there were enough holes opening in the Hull defence to lead me to believe that Dixon, Sarginson and Dorn would have caused some damage.in drier conditions.
No Craig Gower but I suspect that was a tactical move by Tony Rea.which worked for 60 minutes.
A disappointing outcome after being 18-6 up but a vastly improved London performance against what is a Big club. There was no lack of passion or commitment out there today and really that's all fans have been asking for. Thanks to having a proper coach the club is improving on the field even if it remains a train wreck off it.
NB - The Broncos played in Black shirts and socks but light blue (away) shorts having last week played in light blue shirts and socks and Black (home) shorts which leads me to conclude either
a) We are changing our Kit combination or
B) Due to cost cutting measures at the club the players only have the one pair of shorts and the ones used at Castleford are still in the wash.

Edited by THE RED ROOSTER, 23 March 2013 - 07:44 PM.

I am an oil trader and successful at that but, but marketing, finance, business management, human resources etc are not my strengths

David Hughes to Ian Lenagan Page 134 - A Pastel Revolution - Fletcher and Gordas - 2006

Being an outsider, it is easiest to see what is wrong with the sport. It's a fantastic sport that has been undersold and under-marketed  because people who run it probably want to keep it the way it is

Dr Marwan Koukash to Joanthan Lieu. Sunday Telegraph 9th March 2014

#59 flyingking

flyingking
  • Coach
  • 827 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:56 PM

Enjoyed the game, sloppy play in the last 10 minutes cost London the second point, but before that they were looking solid and seemd the only team capable of breaking through the line. Dixon's try was superb, he used pace and trickery to find the opening and then surprisingly used strength to break free from the covering tackle.

Edited by flyingking, 25 March 2013 - 10:16 AM.

www.twitter.com/flyingking2

#60 Spicer

Spicer
  • Coach
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:11 AM

Tend to agree largely with Red Rooster. What a difference and lift it gives whats left of us to see the
obvious commitment and enthusisasm displayed throughout the team saturday.
Yes we perhaps should have held on whilst 12 points ahead but I would have taken that result without a
doubt a few weeks back. What with the performance at Castleford fingers crossed they can continue with
this vein of form at least until the ineveitable injuries start to mount.
Travel was a mare though having been thrown off the train at Barnes when on a train bound for Hounslow.
Was sorted for the return journey though as through trains to Reading were running through Hounslow even
if those due to terminate at Hounslow werent.
Five and a quarter hour round trip,but it was worth it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users