Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

23/03/13 - London Broncos v Hull FC - KO 3pm

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (10 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Voted London Broncos (4 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

2. Hull FC (6 votes [60.00%])

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,071 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:03 PM

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#62 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,413 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:22 PM

Travel was a mare though having been thrown off the train at Barnes when on a train bound for Hounslow.
Was sorted for the return journey though as through trains to Reading were running through Hounslow even
if those due to terminate at Hounslow werent.
Five and a quarter hour round trip,but it was worth it.

When my sister used to live in Whitton, I used to visit her on the occasional weekend, and getting there by train was almost always an unpleasant experience. Seems like nothing's changed.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#63 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,476 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:12 PM

I can get from mid-Wales to Odsal and back in that time. Spicer - a true supporter if there ever was one!

#64 Rascal Bongo Stork

Rascal Bongo Stork
  • Coach
  • 451 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:21 PM

and he's not alone in that I'm sure. Many may mock the Broncos crowds but those that do go more often than not travel far far further for a home game than many a 'heartlander' would be prepared to do.

#65 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,171 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:49 PM

and he's not alone in that I'm sure. Many may mock the Broncos crowds but those that do go more often than not travel far far further for a home game than many a 'heartlander' would be prepared to do.

I don't think many folk would have a go at the dedication of Broncos fans, we just wish that there were more of them.

#66 Spicer

Spicer
  • Coach
  • 1,699 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:20 AM

I can get from mid-Wales to Odsal and back in that time. Spicer - a true supporter if there ever was one!

Thats good of you to suggest that Chronicler but there were 3 others in the same boat saturday and two of those tend to do
half of the away games also.To be fair I will be at the away Cats fixture but they maybe it for me as I need the Annual Leave
for the World Cup.
But as Rascal rightly suggests there are a good few others putting in the distances and hours to attend home games.
Cheers for that anyway mind. Spicer.

#67 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,461 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:25 AM

Or swimming out of by the sounds of it

Having seen the Super League Show, you weren't far off. I'm a bit surprised the referee deemed that pitch playable.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#68 Spicer

Spicer
  • Coach
  • 1,699 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:33 AM

When my sister used to live in Whitton, I used to visit her on the occasional weekend, and getting there by train was almost always an unpleasant experience. Seems like nothing's changed.

I must admit ive only been to Whitton once and that was after a home saturday fixture when having got to Twickenham saw a train on the platform
showing London Waterloo as its destination and thus legged it down the stairs got on, and travelled West much to my dismay..
As it was lateish that cost me a 40 min wait to get a service back to Waterloo.Did I laugh NOT, :D

Edited by Spicer, 26 March 2013 - 10:35 AM.

#69 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:34 AM

Having seen the Super League Show, you weren't far off. I'm a bit surprised the referee deemed that pitch playable.

By the looks of our display its wasn't. One certain Radio Humberside presenter tweeted the ground staff were not happy it was called playable by the ref, quoting a member of the ground staff saying " didn't the ref know that they had some very important RU games on here soon !"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users