Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

23/03/13 - Wigan Warriors v Widnes Vikings - KO 5.45pm (Sky Sports)

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (19 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Voted Wigan Warriors (15 votes [78.95%])

Percentage of vote: 78.95%

2. Widnes Vikings (4 votes [21.05%])

Percentage of vote: 21.05%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,402 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:52 PM

Discuss the game here.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#2 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,970 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:13 PM

Wigan, by 28.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#3 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,341 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:20 PM

Our next 3 fixtures are tough - Wigan, Wire, Hudds.....if we're going to pull a scalp this one may perhaps be the most likely of the bunch.....after last week though I'll not hold my breath!!

#4 Father Ted

Father Ted
  • Coach
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:39 PM

What an awful prospect for tv.
Made even worse by Tim Roby as referee.
We will soon see which team Roby has decided to referee.
He can only referee one team a match so one set of poor sods is going to get on the end of the daftest decisions we've ever seen and the other get all the 50/50 calls plus a good few 100/0 calls which they should never get.
That's of course unless he's improved ffrom last season, which I do hope he has.
Just can't understand why I'm going to the game!

#5 Mushy

Mushy
  • Coach
  • 286 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:00 PM

The Wigan props that are left were stuffed in the pre season games so don't write off the chemics. I think it'll be a lot closer than many people imagine, but I will still go for a pie win. Shame Hock isn't playing as that would have made awesome viewing.

#6 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,970 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:36 PM

What an awful prospect for tv.
Made even worse by Tim Roby as referee.
We will soon see which team Roby has decided to referee.
He can only referee one team a match so one set of poor sods is going to get on the end of the daftest decisions we've ever seen and the other get all the 50/50 calls plus a good few 100/0 calls which they should never get.
That's of course unless he's improved ffrom last season, which I do hope he has.
Just can't understand why I'm going to the game!

With this news, expect the slowest Wigan ruck since 2011.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#7 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,938 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:10 PM

That's the spirit Hindle. Those pesky lying on tactics, unique in the modern era. Burn em!
I think Wigan will be fine, and, taking Mushy's point, will show that there are other ways to win than needing fit props.

#8 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,970 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:13 PM

That's the spirit Hindle. Those pesky lying on tactics, unique in the modern era. Burn em!
I think Wigan will be fine, and, taking Mushy's point, will show that there are other ways to win than needing fit props.

Cripes, nothing about what Ted said? Roby was awful when I saw him, and the ruck was laughable.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#9 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,755 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:31 AM

Gil Dudson is Wigan's latest injury, with a broken hand.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#10 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,938 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:57 AM

Cripes, nothing about what Ted said? Roby was awful when I saw him, and the ruck was laughable.

I would never criticise one of our own posters (well, one of them, who hasn't been seen in these parts for a while). :)

#11 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 4,967 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:48 AM

well i'm bucking the trend, if we have a few players back this week i can see us causing an upset. just a shame that the pies are frightened of gaz turning them over....
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#12 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,970 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:22 PM

Wigan squad: Greg Burke, Josh Charnley, Dom Crosby, Liam Farrell, Ben Flower, Darrell Goulding, Blake Green, Jack Hughes, Rhodri Lloyd, Michael McIlorum, Sean O'Loughlin, Sam Powell, Pat Richards, Matty Smith, Scott Taylor, Iain Thornley, Logan Tomkins, Sam Tomkins, Chris Tuson.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#13 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 4,967 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:25 PM

beware the returning warrior, mellor will have a brilliant game again this week to show wane just how money he wasted signing the inferior matty smith.......
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

#14 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,938 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:26 PM

I hope Mellor goes well. Wigan's problem was that he lost a year through injury and it wasn't clear how quickly, if at all, he would recover his speed. With losing 2 halfs, we needed experience.

#15 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,970 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:50 PM

Widnes squad: Patrick Ah Van, Dave Allen, Shaun Briscoe, Hep Cahill, Jon Clarke, Ben Cross, Chris Dean, Paddy Flynn, Alex Gerrard, Rhys Hanbury, Willie Isa, Phil Jospeh, Ben Kavanagh, Macgraff Leuluai, Joe Mellor, Eamon O'Carroll, Steve Pickersgill, Lloyd White, Frank Winterstein.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#16 GIANTSTRIDES

GIANTSTRIDES
  • Coach
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:57 PM

You have to fancy Wigan for a comfortable win, but Widnes are a vastly improved side , every team seems to get a tonking now and then , but i think when Widnes get their best side out they will do well, If memory serves me they won this game last year,

Wigan for me but i hope Widnes give them a good game.
Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

#17 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,970 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:23 PM

I would never criticise one of our own posters (well, one of them, who hasn't been seen in these parts for a while). :)

You are Shaun Wane and I claim my 5 across the eyes.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#18 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:11 PM

Wigan by 30 - see that Betts started getting his excuses in early doors!

#19 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 4,967 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:17 PM

I hope Mellor goes well. Wigan's problem was that he lost a year through injury and it wasn't clear how quickly, if at all, he would recover his speed. With losing 2 halfs, we needed experience.

ask the bradford fans has joe recovered his pace? he brilliantly ran down and tackled one of their wingers when a try seemed a certainty..he has been immense this season and hopefully mcbanana will look at him for the knights next season.

#20 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,938 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:38 PM

From what I have seen he is looking good, and I am pleased to see it. I was merely giving the Wigan perspective. He wouldn't be the first 7 we sold to Widnes who came back to haunt us.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users