Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

24/03/13 - Hull KR v Castleford Tigers - KO 6.15pm (Sky Sports)

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (11 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Voted Hull KR (7 votes [63.64%])

Percentage of vote: 63.64%

2. Castleford Tigers (4 votes [36.36%])

Percentage of vote: 36.36%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,481 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:56 PM

I thought Chase was a liability for Cas in the second half. He made cock ups of two great attacking opportunities and then gave away a penalty right on the opposition's line, and what on earth happened to his kicking game? Tansey wasn't a whole lot better, mind. Pity that kick on during the final seconds couldn't have gone straight rather than right into the path of the Hull KR players; that would have been a great way to finish the match! Although messy and with too many mistakes to be called quality rugby league, it was very entertaining and closely fought. If only more of our games had those two qualities!

#42 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,147 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:04 PM

Cas just panicked every time they got into the Rovers half and it was a classic example of Chase's shortcomings and why the Giants let Eden go

#43 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,952 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:09 PM

I disagree about Chase.

Ellis should have been on at half time as his kicking game is much better. Rangi would then be lethal with decent field position.

We were our own worst enemies tonight and poor discipline put us under all sorts of pressure.

To think half the Cas supporters were up in arms when we let Eden go!!
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#44 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,147 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:50 PM

Chase was resorting to sh!thouse tactics from early doors

#45 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,952 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:52 PM

Chase was resorting to sh!thouse tactics from early doors

Some people only see what they want to see
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#46 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,147 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:01 PM

Oh don't get me wrong, he also created three superb tries for Cas as well, but to counter you, some people can't see what they don't want to

#47 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,817 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:06 AM

I don't want to see it, but I saw it.
Posted Image

#48 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,952 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:51 AM

you saw what exactly?

Posted Image

#49 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:06 AM

Chase is a talent, but has too many screws missing, not loose, missing!!

Shame really,as he's a nice guy off the pitch.

#50 Brigg Rover

Brigg Rover
  • Coach
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:09 AM

Not watched the match on tele yet, but from being at the game it seemed that all Cas tries came from our mistakes. Indiviual errors as well rather than poor team play.

The second half felt like we had them under control the whole time except for some really silly errors. To be fair to both sides though the conditions were terrible really. So cold and a very strong wind.

Hope Jake Webster's injury is not as serious as it looked, he was having a good game on his return.

#51 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,952 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:16 PM

Not watched the match on tele yet, but from being at the game it seemed that all Cas tries came from our mistakes. Indiviual errors as well rather than poor team play.

The second half felt like we had them under control the whole time except for some really silly errors. To be fair to both sides though the conditions were terrible really. So cold and a very strong wind.

Hope Jake Webster's injury is not as serious as it looked, he was having a good game on his return.

and your tries came from our mistakes!!

we made more line breaks than you and in fact other than a 10-4 penalty count in your favour the other stats were fairly even

Posted Image

#52 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,071 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:02 PM

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#53 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,464 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:00 PM

Looked like a night for the Red Cross giving out blankets and soup in the away end.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#54 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,138 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:18 PM

Photos here http://www.gcsportsphotos.co.uk

#55 Brigg Rover

Brigg Rover
  • Coach
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:09 PM

and your tries came from our mistakes!!

we made more line breaks than you and in fact other than a 10-4 penalty count in your favour the other stats were fairly even

Lies, damn lies and statistics. Just my general impression of the game. I would say that you were not in the game at all till Clark came on, when your dummy half play improved. At about the same point Mickey P and Tuimavaiavaiviaivaiviaiva went off for a spell.

#56 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:14 PM

Same here, he never changes.

Cummins Out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users