Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Northern Rail Cup - Week 4

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

Poll: Which game are you most looking forward to? (20 member(s) have cast votes)

Which game are you most looking forward to?

1. Gateshead Thunder v Gloucestershire All Golds (3 votes [15.00%])

Percentage of vote: 15.00%

2. Hemel Stags v North Wales Crusaders (11 votes [55.00%])

Percentage of vote: 55.00%

3. Rochdale Hornets v London Skolars (4 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

4. South Wales Scorpions v Oldham (2 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Nomad XIII

Nomad XIII
  • Players
  • 82 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:24 PM

#42 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:50 PM

I feel really sorry for Gateshead. They have some fantastic supporters. I think Gateshead are limited to the choice of coach they can have due to the logistics and finances available Saintslass. I hear Hemel .v. Crusaders may be played this Tuesday. If anybody can confirm this please post on here asap. I will try to get the night off work and drive down.

#43 Methven Hornet

Methven Hornet
  • Coach
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:53 PM

Well done All Golds!!
"There are now more pandas in Scotland than Tory MPs."

#44 Kenny Bania

Kenny Bania
  • Coach
  • 502 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:50 PM

I hear Hemel .v. Crusaders may be played this Tuesday. If anybody can confirm this please post on here asap. I will try to get the night off work and drive down.

Really? There'd be one hell of a job on to make the pitch playable; had a quick look this morning and it doesn't look like there'll be any rugby played there this week.

That said, I sincerely hope I'm wrong - wouldn't say no to popping up there Tuesday night!

#45 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:56 PM

I feel really sorry for Gateshead.. I think Gateshead are limited to the choice of coach they can have due to the logistics and finances available Saintslass.

and all golds dont have that same problem? gateshead have been around a hell of a lot longer than all golds and gateshead still got beat.

#46 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:19 PM

I was answering Saintslass who said she thinks Gateshead should change the coach. Maybe you haven't read the post I was replying to. I'm pleased for the Gloucester team but I can't gloat about it. I don't know any Gloucester fans yet as I have not seen them play yet, but I have made some good friends who watch Gateshead everywhere. Its the fans I feel sorry for.

#47 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,564 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:52 PM

I was answering Saintslass who said she thinks Gateshead should change the coach. Maybe you haven't read the post I was replying to. I'm pleased for the Gloucester team but I can't gloat about it. I don't know any Gloucester fans yet as I have not seen them play yet, but I have made some good friends who watch Gateshead everywhere. Its the fans I feel sorry for.

Same here. There is a real loyal bunch of Thunder fans, and the sickener for them this time is that they lost only thanks to a poor kicker. Had they converted the tries they had scored - three before halftime - they would have won. It is such a shame that they lost. While it was great that the All Golds got their first professional win, I wish it had been at the expense of any of the other clubs, just not Thunder.

#48 mick wilson

mick wilson
  • Coach
  • 4,484 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:53 PM

Great for the all golds, im pleased for them & hope thunder can produce the next generation of players locally but who are better than the current crop.

#49 ThunderArmy

ThunderArmy
  • Coach
  • 256 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:49 AM

i couldnt make game yesterday as i was working, though we were 12-0 up at half time 3 trys we missed 3 conversions though, 4trys to all golds 3 trys though we never converted any of them thats gutting really gutting if we'd just kicked 2 of the 4 we would of won game and we had a try disaloud we are improving though people wont believe that until we win a game, it was rail cup and im hoping we switched off 2nd half and that wont happen in the league 1st league game at hemel for us 14th april see how we go, will always support the thunder love my club, well done all golds. CMON THUNDER! CMON THUNDER!!

#50 Kenny Bania

Kenny Bania
  • Coach
  • 502 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:32 AM

im hoping we switched off 2nd half and that wont happen in the league 1st league game at hemel for us 14th april see how we go

A second half switch-off on April 14th would be most welcome.

#51 West Country Eagle

West Country Eagle
  • Coach
  • 5,817 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:09 PM

Great result for the All Golds, and it gets the monkey off their back before the start of the Championship 1 season on Friday. I'm looking forward to seeing how well they've progressed since I last saw them a few weeks back (home loss to the Scorpions). Brad Hepi seems to have tweaked the team a little, so maybe he's now settling on a first choice 17 (injuries permitting).

Very interesting game on Friday, what with Oxford making their pro debut, and the All Golds coming off the back of a decent win and a respectable loss the previous week to Skolars.
Bristol Sonics Rugby League
2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions
2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists
2008 RLC Team Of The Year
2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions
www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

#52 audois

audois
  • Coach
  • 2,047 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:20 PM

Great result for the All Golds, and it gets the monkey off their back before the start of the Championship 1 season on Friday. I'm looking forward to seeing how well they've progressed since I last saw them a few weeks back (home loss to the Scorpions). Brad Hepi seems to have tweaked the team a little, so maybe he's now settling on a first choice 17 (injuries permitting).

Very interesting game on Friday, what with Oxford making their pro debut, and the All Golds coming off the back of a decent win and a respectable loss the previous week to Skolars.

Are BBC Radio Gloucestershire showing any interest?
si tu (remi casty) devais envoyer un fax au president guasch?
"Un grand bravo pour tout ce que vous avez fait, et merci de m'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure."

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."
Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"
Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

#53 Kenny Bania

Kenny Bania
  • Coach
  • 502 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:45 AM

I feel really sorry for Gateshead. They have some fantastic supporters. I think Gateshead are limited to the choice of coach they can have due to the logistics and finances available Saintslass. I hear Hemel .v. Crusaders may be played this Tuesday. If anybody can confirm this please post on here asap. I will try to get the night off work and drive down.

Re-arranged for April 23rd. St George's Day!

#54 Nomad XIII

Nomad XIII
  • Players
  • 82 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:10 PM

Rochdale v Skolars on Easter Monday, 1st April.

#55 West Country Eagle

West Country Eagle
  • Coach
  • 5,817 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:40 PM

I've not noticed them at matches, and being down in Bristol I don't get to hear the station much so couldn't really say either way. They've definitely not had reporters at games yet - the 'press gang' consists of myself (for League Express) and Glucestershire Warriors' Chris Wilson (for the Citizen and Echo, and other local papers). Oh, and a third year student who is doing some of their PR work on match days. The press room (i.e where we watch the matches from) is the warmest place in the whole stadium, though, which is a bonus!
Bristol Sonics Rugby League
2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions
2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists
2008 RLC Team Of The Year
2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions
www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

#56 Methven Hornet

Methven Hornet
  • Coach
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:16 PM

The following appeared on their facebook page today:-

Retweeted James Greene (@Greenie27):

BBC 1 at 6:30 for coverage of @AllGolds with myself, jimmy gahan and marcus brown

I assume that will be on the regional tv news for whichever BBC region Gloucestershire is in.
"There are now more pandas in Scotland than Tory MPs."

#57 BBR

BBR
  • Coach
  • 624 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:33 PM

I've not noticed them at matches, and being down in Bristol I don't get to hear the station much so couldn't really say either way. They've definitely not had reporters at games yet - the 'press gang' consists of myself (for League Express) and Glucestershire Warriors' Chris Wilson (for the Citizen and Echo, and other local papers). Oh, and a third year student who is doing some of their PR work on match days. The press room (i.e where we watch the matches from) is the warmest place in the whole stadium, though, which is a bonus!

I find the bar to be very warm too. Can't be many grounds with such a good view from the bar