Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Brian Barwick

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Chariots

Chariots
  • Coach
  • 530 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:28 AM

I watched an interview with this man on Boots and All the other month, I must say I was impressed with his attitude and the potential he saw in the game

He kept mentioning his black book of key names in the industry etc

I appriciate its early days but all seems to have gone quiet now, I know great things dont happen overnight BUT I was hopping for some more updates

#2 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:45 AM

might be coincidence, but theres been a noticeable increase in RL exposure on Radio and in the written press (in some newspapers).. might be coincidence, it could be the marketing people at the RFL, or it could be Barwicks connections.. theres probably no way of really knowing unless he comes out and says 'that was my doing'..

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

#3 John Rhino

John Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:45 PM

might be coincidence, but theres been a noticeable increase in RL exposure on Radio and in the written press (in some newspapers).. might be coincidence, it could be the marketing people at the RFL, or it could be Barwicks connections.. theres probably no way of really knowing unless he comes out and says 'that was my doing'..

Absolutely nothing in the Indy these days except the other lot.
Which papers have improved as the coupons run out soon and I need a change?
I won't leave without telling em why though.

Derby City - proud to be flying the flag for Rugby League in the Midlands for over 24 years.

Visit:  http://www.derbycityrlfc.co.uk and see the progress being made.

Follow us on Twitter: @derbycityrlfc

#4 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,019 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:07 PM

6 nations has swamped everything though. Now that's over, things might improve.

#5 Pie tries

Pie tries
  • Coach
  • 462 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:24 PM

Just how bad was this years six nations ? Just keep doing what we're doing, Rome in a day n all that

#6 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,692 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:25 AM

I think we should hold any form of judgement until at least the end of the year.

I think his contacts will be useful when it comes to the big events, Magic, Challenge Cup Final, Grand Final and World Cup. I'd like to see increased exposure and importance in the general media to these events and I'm sure he will have that on his pad - events are the best way to attract new fans and investment into our game.

#7 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,353 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:38 AM

Today's Metro has a double-page spread on the Six Nations. Guys, I know it felt like it would never end, but it actually has. Really, I promise. You can stop now.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#8 John Rhino

John Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:41 AM

Just wondered which papers ELT was referring to, that's all :-)

Derby City - proud to be flying the flag for Rugby League in the Midlands for over 24 years.

Visit:  http://www.derbycityrlfc.co.uk and see the progress being made.

Follow us on Twitter: @derbycityrlfc

#9 Chariots

Chariots
  • Coach
  • 530 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:07 AM

Super League with out a title sponsor is stil a worry

#10 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:16 PM

I dont actually buy a newspaper, im only going on what i've read on here.. cant recall which thread it was on, but recall a few people mentioning an increase in column inches in the papers they bought (mostly the tabloids i think). obviously thats not the case in all papers..

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

#11 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,353 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:27 PM

I dont actually buy a newspaper, im only going on what i've read on here.. cant recall which thread it was on, but recall a few people mentioning an increase in column inches in the papers they bought (mostly the tabloids i think). obviously thats not the case in all papers..

I get the Metro on weekday mornings, and any small improvement has been reversed. Just the occasional paragraph, maybe two or three times a week, unless there's bad news.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#12 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:30 PM

no surprise there..

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users