Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Holliday backs Chambers

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Barnie

Barnie
  • Coach
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:56 AM

Les has just been on facebook pleading with fans to get behind CG. Says he is 110% honest hard working and all round nice guy. if hes good enough Les he is good enough for me.
Dont worry, it will soon be Christmas!

Posted Image

#2 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 885 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:23 AM

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#3 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:06 PM

and me...

#4 TIM THE LION

TIM THE LION
  • Coach
  • 364 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:47 PM

And me

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.

Edmund Burke

#5 TIM THE LION

TIM THE LION
  • Coach
  • 364 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:06 PM

Good interview with Gary Chambers at Salfordonline. Read it if you are skeptocal about his appointment it may allay your fears a little. But if you have already made up your mind on the subject maybe not.

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.

Edmund Burke

#6 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 885 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:06 PM

"The only negative I can see starting out will be waiting for people to get to know me, and see what I'm about. I'll be damned if I'll let Swinton lose any identity even though I've been at Warrington for that length of time".

His words not mine!

#7 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:14 PM

"The only negative I can see starting out will be waiting for people to get to know me, and see what I'm about. I'll be damned if I'll let Swinton lose any identity even though I've been at Warrington for that length of time".

His words not mine!

You can't really argue with that!

I'll be behind him all the way, although I don't think that was the issue with his appointment.

#8 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:51 AM

I don't think that was the issue with his appointment.

Quite right. To use a bit of football parlance - playing the man and not the ball.

Gary Chambers is not the custodian of Swinton Lion's future identity. John Kidd is.
Rugby League - great game, shame about the administration.

#9 TIM THE LION

TIM THE LION
  • Coach
  • 364 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:16 PM

Quite right. To use a bit of football parlance - playing the man and not the ball.

Gary Chambers is not the custodian of Swinton Lion's future identity. John Kidd is.

True but he has to have a modicum of input into the direction of the club or else what is the point of him being there. His input with regards to match day prep and tactics will obviously affect results (hopefully positively) on the pitch, which in turn will affect policy off it. Its simple win matches and the crowds will come back, they started to in the championship season. Regardless of where we play if we create a positive winning mentality on the pitch the rest will fall into place.

Edmund Burke

#10 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 885 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:15 PM

So what would you rather he say Phil? "Personally Im not arsed about Swinton's identity, Im not the custodian of it"?

Then again I think you would!

#11 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:06 PM

True but he has to have a modicum of input into the direction of the club or else what is the point of him being there. His input with regards to match day prep and tactics will obviously affect results (hopefully positively) on the pitch, which in turn will affect policy off it. Its simple win matches and the crowds will come back, they started to in the championship season. Regardless of where we play if we create a positive winning mentality on the pitch the rest will fall into place.

The thing I'm struggling with is - if you have to fill the side with Warrington players in order to win a match, there has to come a point where it feels like a hollow win.

#12 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:07 PM

So what would you rather he say Phil? "Personally Im not arsed about Swinton's identity, Im not the custodian of it"?

Then again I think you would!

I think one thing we might be able to agree on is - on taking the post Gary Chambers didn't say anything that you wouldn't have expected him to say.

#13 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:14 PM

Effectively Phil, anything he said wouldn't have received your approval.

#14 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 885 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:27 PM

I think one thing we might be able to agree on is - on taking the post Gary Chambers didn't say anything that you wouldn't have expected him to say.

Rather ridiculous statement Phil as no coach is going to say anything he's not expected to say on taking up a position, unless he doesn't want to stay long!

#15 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:35 PM

Rather ridiculous statement Phil as no coach is going to say anything he's not expected to say on taking up a position, unless he doesn't want to stay long!

We should instigate a "Mock the Week" style thread - "What not to say when you've just become coach of Swinton Lions"
Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#16 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 885 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:12 PM

We should instigate a "Mock the Week" style thread - "What not to say when you've just become coach of Swinton Lions"

"I think PhillH is correct in what he says"!

#17 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 306 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:25 PM

Too many to consider....

"I think a new Stadium in Darwen would increase attendances"

or

"When they said Swinton I thought they meant Swindon"

or finally

"My dad John is the Chairman"

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

#18 juliancaine

juliancaine
  • Coach
  • 440 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:58 PM

"I think PhillH is correct in what he says"!

I agree "not" or do I.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users