The Overseas Quota

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Mumby Magic

Mumby Magic
  • Coach
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:38 PM

Is there still a plan in place to reduce the overseas quota? What are the current amount in each SL team?

I count 6 in the Bradford Bulls:

1 minor Country International - Sammut

Lilly, Jacob and Isaac, what my life is about. Although our route through life is not how it should be, I am a blessed man.

#2 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,869 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:54 PM

Wire - 4 - Monaghan x2, Waterhouse, Hodgson - That should be the maximum imho, ideally 1 less than this.

#3 PREPOSTEROUS

PREPOSTEROUS
  • Coach
  • 668 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:02 PM

For Trintiy:

Non Fed

Tim Smith
Justin Poore
Paul Aiton
Dean Collis

Exempt

Vince Mellars
Ali Lauitiiti

#4 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,760 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:12 PM

Is there still a plan in place to reduce the overseas quota? What are the current amount in each SL team?

I count 6 in the Bradford Bulls:

1 minor Country International - Sammut

Does Sammut still count on the dispensation from the Crusaders fallout? Was it for just one season or the length of the contract? Genuinely don't know
SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#5 The Future is League

The Future is League
  • Coach
  • 6,023 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:56 PM

The overseas quota should be reduced over the next 5 years to nothing in my opinion.

#6 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,142 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:05 PM

here here, how can we possibly produce quality home grown players when clubs (including widnes) persist in filling their teams with antipodeans, thankfully the 5 players we signed close season are all british......

we have:
isa
ah van
phelps
hanbury
cross
cahill
winterstien

but eventually i would like to see them replaced by british players....
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#7 brooza

brooza
  • 4,366 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:49 PM

here here, how can we possibly produce quality home grown players when clubs (including widnes) persist in filling their teams with antipodeans, thankfully the 5 players we signed close season are all british......

we have:
isa
ah van
phelps
hanbury
cross
cahill
winterstien

You might want to keep that quiet, the maximum number of overseas players allowed is 5...
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#8 Mumby Magic

Mumby Magic
  • Coach
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:49 PM

Wire - 4 - Monaghan x2, Waterhouse, Hodgson - That should be the maximum imho, ideally 1 less than this.

Plus aren't 2 Internationals?

Lilly, Jacob and Isaac, what my life is about. Although our route through life is not how it should be, I am a blessed man.

#9 Mumby Magic

Mumby Magic
  • Coach
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:50 PM

Does Sammut still count on the dispensation from the Crusaders fallout? Was it for just one season or the length of the contract? Genuinely don't know

Likewise don't know. I'm classing my list as "overseas born".

#10 brooza

brooza
  • 4,366 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:52 PM

Each Club shall be entitled to register only the Quota of "overseas Players" in all squads set out below in each season save for those Clubs which are granted an exemption in such form as the Board shall decide:

Maximum Number of Overseas Players (2008 onwards)
Super League Clubs - 5
Championship Clubs - 1
Championship 1 Clubs - 2

Edited by brooza, 21 March 2013 - 02:53 PM.

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

#11 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,092 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:08 PM

we have:
isa
ah van
phelps
hanbury
cross
cahill
winterstien

You might want to keep that quiet, the maximum number of overseas players allowed is 5...

The ex-Crusaders are exempt for their contract length.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#12 brooza

brooza
  • 4,366 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:09 PM

The ex-Crusaders are exempt for their contract length.

Am I right in thinking that's hanbury, cahill, winterstien?

#13 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,092 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:12 PM

Did someone say something?

(Err, yes, I think it is those three, Lloyd White is Welsh)

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#14 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:28 PM

Anyone with an EU passport doesn't count.

Nor Kolpak players - largely (but not exclusively) from Fiji, Samoa or Tonga.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#15 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:30 PM

Isn't Sammut Maltese ? :mellow:
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#16 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,554 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:34 PM

Isn't Sammut Maltese ? :mellow:

He's a Maltese international so I assume he has an EU passport and as such would be exempt from the quota. Hull KR were trying to get Michale Vella and Ben Galea on an EU passport due to their Maltese heritage. I'm not sure how succesful they were.

rldfsignature.jpg

#17 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,092 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:36 PM

Anyone with an EU passport doesn't count.

Nor Kolpak players - largely (but not exclusively) from Fiji, Samoa or Tonga.

I think they come under non-fed trained though, i.e NRL.

5 overseas, 5 non-fed trained, but a player can be both or just non-fed trained... like Kolpak.

And there is also 8 from other clubs over 21. I think.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#18 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,554 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:38 PM

I think they come under non-fed trained though, i.e NRL.

5 overseas, 5 non-fed trained, but a player can be both or just non-fed trained... like Kolpak.

And there is also 8 from other clubs over 21. I think.

Confused? You will be.

rldfsignature.jpg

#19 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,092 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:41 PM

It's so there's an amount that are classed as homegrown or club trained, one or the other. I dunno, they got rid of that page when they did a new SL website.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#20 brooza

brooza
  • 4,366 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:47 PM

An “overseas Player” is one who cannot produce satisfactory evidence to the RFL that he is a Professional Player in accordance with the EU Rules guaranteeing the free movement of workers and that either:
  • he is an EU National; or
  • he is entitled to be lawfully employed in England as a professional rugby league Player pursuant to a valid work permit and is a National of a country which is party to either an Association Agreement, Europe Agreement or the Cotonou Agreement with the EU; or
  • that he is a National of a country which is a current Full or Associate Member of the RLEF and has been resident in that country for four years and is a bona fide registered Player who has played a minimum of five domestic league or cup games in a domestic competition in that Full or Associate Member’s country.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users