• 107 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:12 PM

well done boys bonus point but could easily have been a win if not for 2nd half

#67 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:14 PM

well what the ###### was that,20 mins we were class, 60 mins we where ######!!! least we got a BP

#68 Bearman

Bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:15 PM

We have to believe. Cos we will come good.
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#69 fester

fester
  • Coach
  • 515 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:16 PM

Sorry that use were gona get nwt out ov that game great bp still behind town tho are use lol

#70 Phil. K

Phil. K
  • Coach
  • 1,507 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:18 PM

A lot better than I had hoped for, well done getting a bonus point B)

My name is Phil . . . . I am a Rugby League Supporter ! http://www.barrowrlfc.com

Posted Image

#71 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,980 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:27 PM

Barrow deserved a bonus point for their first half efforts. Some very poor defence in second half and making silly mistakes cost you dearly in the end.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#72 barrowbob

barrowbob
  • Coach
  • 410 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:35 PM

Bonus point is a good result down there.
More than i expected to be honest

#73 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:45 PM

Would of took a bonus point at the start of the game which I believes takes us off the bottom of the table. We're just so frustrating to watch it's unreal. We've had 20 minute spells against Batley, Dewsbury and Leigh where we have absolutely destroyed them. Then we have 40 minute spells of just being awful. Is it due to inexperience? fatigue? silly errors? probably a combination of all three.

I do feel sorry for the forwards though. They make so make decent yards and tackle well then just see the other team easy metres down the fringes. There is still a few players just not good enough, they are solid CC1 players and nothing more. Also Campbell isn't a full back and he never will be. Finch is also our best half back IMO. I wouldn't mind seeing Casey and Finch at 6 and 7 and Campbell coming off as an impact sub at either hooker or scrum half. I remember a few seasons ago (may of been against Sheffield) he came on at hooker and sped the game up getting our forwards on the front foot which is when we play best. Kaighan was playing well before he went off lets hope for a speed recovery.

Lets hope we can put 80 minutes together and see what we're really capable of.

#74 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:03 PM

Well what a shock result, I tuned in at half time and nearly fell of my chair only to tune back in at full time for a bigger suprise. There is no such thing as winning half a game you either win lose or lose with a bonus point and the BP will help but im afraid we are a quarter of the way through the season and struggling.
Lets hope for good results in the next two games to give us a chance.

"we all make mistakes that's why they put rubbers on pencils"

#75 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:04 PM

Would of took a bonus point at the start of the game which I believes takes us off the bottom of the table. We're just so frustrating to watch it's unreal. We've had 20 minute spells against Batley, Dewsbury and Leigh where we have absolutely destroyed them. Then we have 40 minute spells of just being awful. Is it due to inexperience? fatigue? silly errors? probably a combination of all three.

I do feel sorry for the forwards though. They make so make decent yards and tackle well then just see the other team easy metres down the fringes. There is still a few players just not good enough, they are solid CC1 players and nothing more. Also Campbell isn't a full back and he never will be. Finch is also our best half back IMO. I wouldn't mind seeing Casey and Finch at 6 and 7 and Campbell coming off as an impact sub at either hooker or scrum half. I remember a few seasons ago (may of been against Sheffield) he came on at hooker and sped the game up getting our forwards on the front foot which is when we play best. Kaighan was playing well before he went off lets hope for a speed recovery.

Lets hope we can put 80 minutes together and see what we're really capable of.

i also would have took a BP before the game but a 22-0 up i did expect more, i suppose we now know how the dewsbury fans feel!

from all of barrows tries in the first half we never caught a single ball from the leigh kick off , what the ###### that would be shocking from any amateur team never mind a pro team,

in the second half barrow where non existent and we were lucky to get the BP

#76 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,181 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:28 PM

Leigh upped their game in the 2nd half and showed just how good they are....a top 3/4 side.

At this moment in time we are a bottom 4 side but as long as we come 12th i'll take that as a result for the season.

We need a couple of centres and a pack leader

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#77 off the wall

off the wall
  • Coach
  • 602 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:31 PM

down raiders bar tonite , great atmosphere. after looking at the team selection tonite holty didnt even have a bonus point in mind. looking at easters games for results. campbell who i slagged off last game was top man at full back. i know hes not a natural but he had a least 2 one on ones and took the man out and with no lay offs. the bull and hags had good games and lows tackling was spot on . leigh wert bad first half , we were good. i think we will beat them at craven park and we must build on this result even in defeat. finchy has found his place at six and we should now move on to easter with one point in the bag and six more to chase. up the raiders and get yourselves down the club house . good nite , apart from result.

#78 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,181 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:38 PM

I was there off the wall....better than the bar lol

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#79 off the wall

off the wall
  • Coach
  • 602 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:42 PM

?

#80 joe142

joe142
  • Coach
  • 394 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:49 AM

I think we'll stay up..just look at the table theres four points between keighly and hunslet, its all still to play for! I'd like to see finchy back in at 6 again next game, he is the best half back we have imo!
If you're gonna be dumb you gotta be tough, when you get knocked down you gotta get back up...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users