Leigh v Barrow

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,980 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:29 PM

Team for tonight is erm let's say different.

Campbell
Backhouse
Lowe
Wiper
Clay
Finch
Kaighan
Butler
Nathan Mossop
Brennan
Harrison
Haggerty
Jones

Marwood
Toal
Whitehead
Spencer

#2 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,117 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:25 PM

It seems to be working :D

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#3 barrowbob

barrowbob
  • Coach
  • 410 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:36 PM

Mental, class first half,
I'm shocked backhouse and marwood are back in but seems to be working
And I see larkin has lost his place after his shocker on Sunday

Edited by barrowbob, 21 March 2013 - 08:36 PM.

#4 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:19 PM

I was there and we did very well forcing Leigh into basic mistakes in the 1st 30 mins whilst looking good on the break.

Once Leigh started to click they looked dangerous every time they had the ball but we stuck to it and deserved the bonus point on the overall play.

Haggerty's kick from the goal line to get the bonus point was superb.

I thought Mossop or Bull was our MoM, but Cammy had a decent game at FB.

Was sat with Dandy and McGilvary for the game and both should be fit again very soon.

Also had a good laugh at Holty jumping up and whacking his head on the perspex dugout when Haggerty's kick went over :lol:

Well done to the boys much better result than I and probably many more predicted !!!

It was a bloody cold eve as well.

LSV is impressive as well....crowd was 1290...would say 40-50 from Barrow

Lee

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#5 mjc

mjc
  • Coach
  • 298 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:47 PM

1290 ! how the hell do they survive on gates like that when they dont get much off tickets sales after they paid their bill for using the ground

#6 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 841 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:48 PM

Well done to barrow from this town fan, showed some metal tonight, Brennan 20 years old Christ what a size

#7 Bartholemew Smythe

Bartholemew Smythe
  • Coach
  • 658 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:52 PM

1290 ! how the hell do they survive on gates like that when they dont get much off tickets sales after they paid their bill for using the ground

How do you know how much they pay for the ground Herbert!

You don't so Ssssshhh...
We`re on a road to Nowhere.......................

#8 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:54 PM

They can't that's probably why they were in admin not that long ago.Also with their crowds this season they will need 20k to turn up for their last game of the season to get the 2.5k average they will need for SL application.

Edited by thundergaz, 21 March 2013 - 10:58 PM.

#9 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,980 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:00 PM

Hopefully they get lucky like fax and have Batley towards the end of the season that'll bring the fans through the gates in the thousands ;)

#10 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:03 PM

Hopefully they get lucky like fax and have Batley towards the end of the season that'll bring the fans through the gates in the thousands ;)

šŸ˜„šŸ˜„šŸ˜„ but to be honest fax will need the same and well we all know the eagles haven't got the fan base. We are just hitting it at the moment but with the weather expected to get better in the summer I'm hoping we will walk the average. Good game tonight guys if you played like you did in the first half who knows what would of happened.

#11 Toadstool

Toadstool
  • Players
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:04 PM

They can't that's probably why they were in admin not that long ago.Also with their crowds this season they will need 20k to turn up for their last game of the season to get the 2.5k average they will need for SL application.

Sorry? To what are you referring here? The Leigh club hasn't been in admin recently so please get your facts right. Fev, Fax, Barrow... We have all had our issues in the last decade and to try to score cheap points by making things up does great discredit to your great club.

#12 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:06 PM

Sorry? To what are you referring here? The Leigh club hasn't been in admin recently so please get your facts right. Fev, Fax, Barrow... We have all had our issues in the last decade and to try to score cheap points by making things up does great discredit to your great club.

I appologise if I got it wrong but wasn't you in dire straights not that long ago? You were on the verge of admin at the very least were you not?

#13 Bartholemew Smythe

Bartholemew Smythe
  • Coach
  • 658 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:09 PM

Aww bless pit villager in " we re bound for SL " ... get a grip , no club will be going up including the Fev 25, 000.

By the way I'm not rsed about the poison chalice of SL, I'd much prefer to be winning games in the current league.

#14 Bartholemew Smythe

Bartholemew Smythe
  • Coach
  • 658 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:13 PM

I appologise if I got it wrong but wasn't you in dire straights not that long ago? You were on the verge of admin at the very least were you not?

So we've gone from admin to the verge of admin in 2 posts..... chuckles... go into politics they(MPs) get paid handsomely for being conservative with the truth.

#15 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,665 posts

Aww bless pit villager in " we re bound for SL " ... get a grip , no club will be going up including the Fev 25, 000.

By the way I'm not rsed about the poison chalice of SL, I'd much prefer to be winning games in the current league.

If we're playing tick for tatt they won't let you in anyway with the shambles you produced last time you were in SL. See its easy to winde people up I wasn't intending on windeing anyone up I really did think you had been in admin. Also this pit village you refer to gets more fans through the gates than you do and you are at least 20 times bigger in area size.

#16 AlanE

AlanE
  • Coach
  • 414 posts

Well deserved your bonus point - and a superb pressure conversion from Haggerty to achieve it. For a long spell it didn't look like we were going to get the BP, never mind you! It just goes to show, how it's possible to come back from a seemingly huge deficit (identical to yours against Dewsbury, I believe) when you get lots of possession. Full marks to those of you who braved the M6 and freezing conditions to get to Leigh, too. Hope you had a safe trip back. In answer to the guy who queried our rent, it's actually a percentage of gate takings, so if the gate is down, so is the rent. It would help if Salford, who owe our landlords a rumoured Ā£130k plus, for their use of LSV facilities, coughed up!

#17 Bartholemew Smythe

Bartholemew Smythe
  • Coach
  • 658 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:18 PM

If we're playing tick for tatt they won't let you in anyway with the shambles you produced last time you were in SL. See its easy to winde people up I wasn't intending on windeing anyone up I really did think you had been in admin. Also this pit village you refer to gets more fans through the gates than you do and you are at least 20 times bigger in area size.

###### for tat..... Get to SL before condemning our effort in the top flight, it wasn't good but heh I enjoyed the ride, warts and all.

20 x larger ?..... are you sure!!

#18 Toadstool

Toadstool
  • Players
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:19 PM

Our main backer was a victim of the recession which left us with a shortfall of cĀ£100k which we managed to fill.
Apology accepted and no ###### for tat here.
I think the only way any of us will get upgraded is if we go to 10 + 10 in SL 1 & 2.

#19 Bartholemew Smythe

Bartholemew Smythe
  • Coach
  • 658 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:20 PM

t it for tat..... Get to SL before condemning our effort in the top flight, it wasn't good but heh I enjoyed the ride, warts and all.

20 x larger ?..... are you sure!!

#20 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:23 PM

Our main backer was a victim of the recession which left us with a shortfall of cĀ£100k which we managed to fill.
Apology accepted and no ###### for tat here.
I think the only way any of us will get upgraded is if we go to 10 + 10 in SL 1 & 2.

Yeah I think you could be right about the SL1 and SL2 thing but I also think we have a great chance too with feisal and mr Campbell saying we will use the full salary cap up and with the RFL working very closely with us every month.

Edited by thundergaz, 21 March 2013 - 11:23 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users