Leigh v Barrow

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:24 PM

t it for tat..... Get to SL before condemning our effort in the top flight, it wasn't good but heh I enjoyed the ride, warts and all.

20 x larger ?..... are you sure!!

It was an exaggeration ok which ever way you look at it we get more through the gates than you do and you are a lot bigger area size than we are.

#22 Bartholemew Smythe

Bartholemew Smythe
  • Coach
  • 658 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:31 PM

It was an exaggeration ok which ever way you look at it we get more through the gates than you do and you are a lot bigger area size than we are.

Yes you do at the moment and will average greater than us this season.... we've also got greater attractions in a sporting front on our doorstep than the vacuum of West Yorkshire! ;)
We`re on a road to Nowhere.......................

#23 Dave W

Dave W
  • Coach
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:21 AM

Yeah I think you could be right about the SL1 and SL2 thing but I also think we have a great chance too with feisal and mr Campbell saying we will use the full salary cap up and with the RFL working very closely with us every month.

Nice that the RFL are working closely with you. The rest of us just get crapped on by them, usually.

Edited by Dave W, 22 March 2013 - 07:24 AM.

#24 amh

amh
  • 11,084 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:30 AM

Well deserved your bonus point - and a superb pressure conversion from Haggerty to achieve it. For a long spell it didn't look like we were going to get the BP, never mind you! It just goes to show, how it's possible to come back from a seemingly huge deficit (identical to yours against Dewsbury, I believe) when you get lots of possession. Full marks to those of you who braved the M6 and freezing conditions to get to Leigh, too. Hope you had a safe trip back. In answer to the guy who queried our rent, it's actually a percentage of gate takings, so if the gate is down, so is the rent. It would help if Salford, who owe our landlords a rumoured £130k plus, for their use of LSV facilities, coughed up!

Is that right re Salford owing LSV Alan? currently, or before Koukash took over?

btw I concur, a well deserved BP, had me scared first half and I can see a few wins coming up for you

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#25 AlanE

AlanE
  • Coach
  • 415 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:19 AM

Is that right re Salford owing LSV Alan? currently, or before Koukash took over?

btw I concur, a well deserved BP, had me scared first half and I can see a few wins coming up for you

From before Koukash - don't think he has paid off any of the debts.

#26 amh

amh
  • 11,084 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:34 AM

From before Koukash - don't think he has paid off any of the debts.

ta for reply Alan...LSV will see nothing of that then, and I presume they no longer use the facilities

Edited by amh, 22 March 2013 - 09:34 AM.

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#27 The Grinder

The Grinder
  • Coach
  • 636 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:34 AM

Gaz,

When in a whole stop digging! :) Fev @15k, Leigh @45k if i remember correctly (Wigan might be 20 times bigger @300k but I would have thought smaller). Just enjoy the ride and lets see where it gets us or not as the case may be, but for the moment I'll accept watching an excellent team.

Everyone else,

Great effort from Barrow last night and a good bonus point, shows how tight all the games this year could be, and not a bad result for Leigh (though I suspect they would have prefered to win in an easier fashion).

Hope Barrow can get a few of those wins and stop up, not only because of the stance against DR but also the way that their hard working fans have been shafted over the last few years. I for one am looking forward to our trip to Barrow this year.
I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

#28 mjc

mjc
  • Coach
  • 300 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:01 PM

How do you know how much they pay for the ground Herbert!

You don't so Ssssshhh...

if u dont like our posts dont come on the site ! i asked a perfectly good question so Sssssshhh

#29 mjc

mjc
  • Coach
  • 300 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:22 PM

Well deserved your bonus point - and a superb pressure conversion from Haggerty to achieve it. For a long spell it didn't look like we were going to get the BP, never mind you! It just goes to show, how it's possible to come back from a seemingly huge deficit (identical to yours against Dewsbury, I believe) when you get lots of possession. Full marks to those of you who braved the M6 and freezing conditions to get to Leigh, too. Hope you had a safe trip back. In answer to the guy who queried our rent, it's actually a percentage of gate takings, so if the gate is down, so is the rent. It would help if Salford, who owe our landlords a rumoured £130k plus, for their use of LSV facilities, coughed up!

Thanks for the info and hope you have a good season

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users