• 999 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:03 PM

12-22 now

#4 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 999 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:09 PM

La Scotty K gone of with a suspected broken ankle :( 12-24 now.

#5 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,288 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:11 PM

Saw Leigh a couple of times this season . Not on the level of Fev , Sheffield , Batley and Fax . This is the blueprint for beating these teams with big packs - rip them up the guts with your small scooters . Thats why we miss Matty so much .

#6 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 999 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:19 PM

Dont want to sound to bitchy, but our La ref from down the road could do wid a bit of string or some braces for his shorts, hes always having to pull them up tonight, hes putting a bit of lard on lately ;) HT12-24

#7 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,980 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:25 PM

Saw Leigh a couple of times this season . Not on the level of Fev , Sheffield , Batley and Fax . This is the blueprint for beating these teams with big packs - rip them up the guts with your small scooters . Thats why we miss Matty so much .

I agree that Leigh are not in the same class as the four teams you mention and Barrow have shown us how to play them on Easter Monday. With Kaighan going off they have brought on young Marwood and even his is causing Leigh a few problems darting at them.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#8 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,288 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:34 PM

We need Matty back for the Easter games - get him and Callum scooting and the likes of Miller , Carter and Calders getting into the middle and running at these big fat lads . And Leigh are one of the older teams in the league to Keith so that's another factor . But you MUST get the play the balls sped up to do this . We're not an expansive or creative outfit so lets use our pack strength , run hard , get up and get scooting !!! We should always remember the Donny game , our best show for years - 60 minutes of sped up , direct rugby up the guts of a big immobile team .

Edited by DavidM, 21 March 2013 - 08:35 PM.

#9 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 999 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:38 PM

Leigh in 18-24

#10 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,980 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:40 PM

Leigh have brought on the kid, Brierley, and he scored more or less right away. I don't know why they have him on the bench, I would start with him as he is lively. Now all square at 24 all.

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#11 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 999 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:41 PM

In again 24-24 think Barrrra have shot there load now .

#12 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 999 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:43 PM

30- 24 its all Leigh now.

#13 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,288 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:48 PM

How olds junior Deano , he looks about 10!!!!

#14 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 999 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:52 PM

36-24 now the fires gone out!

#15 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,980 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:54 PM

How olds junior Deano , he looks about 10!!!!

He's 19 (20 in November) but his dad always looked like a youngster!!!

#16 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,288 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:55 PM

Kaighan injury was a killer , with barras game centred round his kicking game . Tellys a jinx for him , got injured in our final to !

#17 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 999 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:59 PM

42-24

#18 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,288 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:00 PM

Phew I was a la'al bit worried there !

#19 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:01 PM

Barrow are ######.Losing too much ball and are very slow.

#20 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,980 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:02 PM

Kaighan injury was a killer , with barras game centred round his kicking game . Tellys a jinx for him , got injured in our final to !

I think it is more than just losing Kaighan, David, there has been a lot of little mistakes, especially in defence, and heads have dropped. No bonus point even now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users