• 6,368 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:06 PM

Yes

#22 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,089 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:08 PM

Its just proves you have to perform for the full 80 minutes in this league.

#23 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:12 PM

42-30 bp

#24 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,368 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:13 PM

Niva a try . Video ref cheers.

#25 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,009 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:13 PM

Barrow score and Hagerty converts from touchline to get a bonus point for Barrow. They deserve it.

FT: Leigh 42 - 30

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#26 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:15 PM

Thats it 42- 30 got a BP, stuck in to the end. Hope la Scotty not to badly injured.

#27 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,368 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:17 PM

Nowt to fear at Leigh if we get a grip

#28 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,089 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:19 PM

Barrow deserved that BP so well done to them that's tough place to go.

#29 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:27 PM

Barrow get a well deserved point

#30 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:16 PM

Barrow deserved that BP so well done to them that's tough place to go.

And as per usual the deluded ones are slagging off the bonus point system yet again!!!
"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

#31 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,009 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:04 PM

Yes, you can just see it now can't you!!!! Last match of season with minutes to go and Haven require a bonus point to avoid relegation. They are 14 points down to Swinton and the ref awards them a penalty. Do they kick for goal or not? I think those that are decrying it now would suddenly be screaming for the kick at goal. Of course it would only be because everybody else uses the bonus point.

Whether we like the bonus point system or not it has been around now for long enough to realise until they do away with it the one point for losing by 12 or less is worth 1 point and is just as valid as the 3 points for a win and 2 points for a draw.

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#32 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:12 PM

Aye it must be either the forth or fifth season for the BP and they still can't get the hang of it!
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#33 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,368 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:35 PM

Yes one of them said to me ' how can it be right that you can play 26 lose 26 , get 26 bonus points and stay up' ... Er as you can imagine I didn't know what to say . Dead realistic.

Edited by DavidM, 22 March 2013 - 07:35 PM.

#34 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,154 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:38 PM

Yes one of them said to me ' how can it be right that you can play 26 lose 26 , get 26 bonus points and stay up' ... Er as you can imagine I didn't know what to say . Dead realistic.

To be fair David i think its a stupid idea. But their is swings and roundabouts which ever way you look at it. I also think that if town won 8 games but lost the rest and not picked up a BP but haven lost every game but picked up a BP in every game they would stay up and town would go down that's why I don't like the BP system it favours the losing team more than the winning team at the lower end of the table.

#35 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,009 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:52 PM

Gaz, there aren't too many people who do like it but the point is whilst we have it in the Championships you have to accept it and move on until such time as it disappears. Some of our friends down the road don't seem to have grasped that and moan about the bonus point every season. Okay so someone who hasn't won as many games as you can be above you because when they lose they keep it to less than 12, why can't your team do it?

#36 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,783 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:52 PM

To be fair David i think its a stupid idea. But their is swings and roundabouts which ever way you look at it. I also think that if town won 8 games but lost the rest and not picked up a BP but haven lost every game but picked up a BP in every game they would stay up and town would go down that's why I don't like the BP system it favours the losing team more than the winning team at the lower end of the table.

No it doesn't. Your statement assumes that the losing team will always gain a bonus point, which is not the case. The bonus point, in my opinion, favours the team that stays comprtitive most often and for longer.

#37 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,154 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:58 PM

No it doesn't. Your statement assumes that the losing team will always gain a bonus point, which is not the case. The bonus point, in my opinion, favours the team that stays comprtitive most often and for longer.

No it doesn't it was just an example. It suits teams that can't actually win a game. If a team doesn't win a game all season in theory they can still stay up which IMO is a joke.

#38 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:59 PM

I agree I think its a brilliant idea. The teams which give their all against the tops sides and only just get pipped are rewarded, whereas getting hammered gets you sweet FA . The only thing it does do is when the top sides do get beat they still usually get a point. I think it would be much more valuable if they moved to three points for a win instead of two and kept the bonus point with two for a draw

Edited by wonderofwood, 22 March 2013 - 08:02 PM.

#39 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,368 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:01 PM

Err it is .

#40 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,783 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:01 PM

I agree I think its a brilliant idea. The teams which give their all against the tops sides and only just get pipped are rewarded, whereas getting hammered gets you sweet FA . The only thing it does do is when the top sides do get beat they still usually get a point. I think it would be much more valuable if they moved to three points for a win instead of two.

We already have!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users