RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Barrrrrra

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,441 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:01 PM

I agree I think its a brilliant idea. The teams which give their all against the tops sides and only just get pipped are rewarded, whereas getting hammered gets you sweet FA . The only thing it does do is when the top sides do get beat they still usually get a point. I think it would be much more valuable if they moved to three points for a win instead of two and kept the bonus point.

It already is 3 points for a win in the Championships!!!!!!!! (2 for a draw and 1 for losing by 12 or less)

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#42 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:03 PM

No it doesn't it was just an example. It suits teams that can't actually win a game. If a team doesn't win a game all season in theory they can still stay up which IMO is a joke.

In theory yes, but in practice very unlikely. The idea I guess is to keep games competitive, which it does. I know that watching your team's games when they stuff a team by 40+ points may be intertesting to you as a supporter, but not very much to anyone else watching. Usually, the team that wins most matches finishes higher up the league than those that lose the most, regardless of bonus points.

#43 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:09 PM

In theory yes, but in practice very unlikely. The idea I guess is to keep games competitive, which it does. I know that watching your team's games when they stuff a team by 40+ points may be intertesting to you as a supporter, but not very much to anyone else watching. Usually, the team that wins most matches finishes higher up the league than those that lose the most, regardless of bonus points.

Yes you are right distant. But you also can see where I'm coming from too. As for teams getting hammered every week I hate it personally when my team puts 50+ on teams its boring to watch really unless its against one of the big five 😄😄😄. But whether we agree on it or not like the play offs its here to stay.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users