worth a gamble

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#1 plug

plug
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:09 PM

reading p&c today DP looking at a loan player or full signing what about paul cook at doncaster ??? he seems to get the headlines every week for them i know he has had his troubles in the past but so did ben cockaine and look how he turn out for us !!! in the past paul cook was a match for any player in sl good football brain played at the highest level surely you dont loose all that talent overnight

#2 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,727 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:16 PM

reading p&c today DP looking at a loan player or full signing what about paul cook at doncaster ??? he seems to get the headlines every week for them i know he has had his troubles in the past but so did ben cockaine and look how he turn out for us !!! in the past paul cook was a match for any player in sl good football brain played at the highest level surely you dont loose all that talent overnight

Donny can keep him for me.

#3 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:27 PM

Didnt impress me when we played em

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#4 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:52 PM

So which of our 'creative' players would you drop for him then?

#5 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,727 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:55 PM

So which of our 'creative' players would you drop for him then?

I await the answer to that les with bated breath 😄😄😄

#6 plug

plug
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:02 PM

reading P&c DP thinks the backs are not pulling there weight and changes will pos happen soon i was'nt saying drop anybody for paul cook just with his talent would he do a job for us when others are not at the moment

#7 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,727 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:09 PM

reading P&c DP thinks the backs are not pulling there weight and changes will pos happen soon i was'nt saying drop anybody for paul cook just with his talent would he do a job for us when others are not at the moment

I don't know how DP can say that to be honest with the results we've had. Ok we lost on Thursday but DP changed the winning back line by playing bussey their. So they are pulling their weight from what I've been watching.

#8 plug

plug
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:15 PM

read p&c forwards outstanding backs need to up there game ?? not my words DP's

#9 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,727 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:17 PM

read p&c forwards outstanding backs need to up there game ?? not my words DP's

I haven't read it plug but I think he means the FB centres and wingers.

#10 plug

plug
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:24 PM

fairs doo's i personaly think your right ??? but saying that the grounds been poor and we need a hard fast pitch

#11 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,727 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:27 PM

fairs doo's i personaly think your right ??? but saying that the grounds been poor and we need a hard fast pitch

True but I think we need a good centre big time. I'm just hoping this new Aussie is a centre but I'm sure we will find out after tonight's fans forum.

#12 plug

plug
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:54 PM

just heard can't name new signing yet for visa problems but he's a kiwi and a back row forward huge aswell ?? so mr campbell says at forum tonight

#13 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,727 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:56 PM

just heard can't name new signing yet for visa problems but he's a kiwi and a back row forward huge aswell ?? so mr campbell says at forum tonight

Why oh why oh why? We don't need anymore forwards our forwards are class.

#14 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,177 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:07 PM

Why oh why oh why? We don't need anymore forwards our forwards are class.

Calm down, he's only a trialist for now :-))))
Im Fev and im proud

#15 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,727 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:19 PM

Calm down, he's only a trialist for now :-))))

😄😄😄 I just don't think we need anymore forwards mo. we are week out wide we need to strengthen that up ASAP IMO.As he come all the way from New Zealand for a trial? If that is the case he must be very good or I hope its not this one nuts😄😄😄. Talking of nuts a mr tuuta springs to mind hope he's half as good as him if so I will gladly except another forward 😄😄😄

Edited by thundergaz, 21 March 2013 - 11:33 PM.

#16 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:16 AM

I think you'd have to drop somebody if he was going to play.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#17 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,053 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:28 AM

😄😄😄 I just don't think we need anymore forwards mo. we are week out wide we need to strengthen that up ASAP IMO.As he come all the way from New Zealand for a trial? If that is the case he must be very good or I hope its not this one nuts😄😄😄. Talking of nuts a mr tuuta springs to mind hope he's half as good as him if so I will gladly except another forward 😄😄😄

come on then gaz, who's making us weak out wide. name n shame
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#18 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,727 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:16 AM

come on then gaz, who's making us weak out wide. name n shame

OR I just think that's the weakest part of our team as the forwards are class and our playmakers are class too. Hardman shouldn't be out their he's a class FB and heppy looks lost at FB if I'm being honest. He's a class 13. Then defensively out wide we couldn't stop a bus going through the gaps at the minute if you notice that's where most of our points conceded are OR out wide. I will be very glad when smeaton returns I just hope he's the player he was before his injury.

#19 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,974 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:22 AM

I will be very glad when smeaton returns I just hope he's the player he was before his injury.

That is by no means, a given!!!
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#20 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,727 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:30 AM

That is by no means, a given!!!

True robin I just hope he does because I think he's a great lad and a great player and he is missed badly IMO.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users