Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Lobby gobbling hypocrites

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#1 Barnie

Barnie
  • Coach
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:54 PM

Seems those lot that rent the same stadium as we do, whilst sitting in their ivory tower slagging off Swinton, have entered into a partnership with the pies. their sworn enemy.

i expect Phil H and the rest of the lobby gobblers to come up with some reason for it being different to our.

however.........i have one word. HYPOCRITES!
Dont worry, it will soon be Christmas!

Posted Image

#2 Bartholemew Smythe

Bartholemew Smythe
  • Coach
  • 672 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:14 AM

Seems those lot that rent the same stadium as we do, whilst sitting in their ivory tower slagging off Swinton, have entered into a partnership with the pies. their sworn enemy.i expect Phil H and the rest of the lobby gobblers to come up with some reason for it being different to our.however.........i have one word. HYPOCRITES!

Wind your neck in numpty until you know the facts, until then I ve got one word *****..... now jog on back down the east lancs with the rest of the mongs....bye...

Edited by PaulT, 22 March 2013 - 07:56 AM.

We`re on a road to Nowhere.......................

#3 Barnie

Barnie
  • Coach
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:16 AM

Touched a nerve have i numb nuts. see you good Friday lol

Posted Image

#4 Bartholemew Smythe

Bartholemew Smythe
  • Coach
  • 672 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:25 AM

Touched a nerve have i numb nuts. see you good Friday lol

Gump I'll be at the LSV on easter monday, bye for now wolf boy....
We`re on a road to Nowhere.......................

#5 Barnie

Barnie
  • Coach
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:28 AM

Gump I'll be at the LSV on easter monday, bye for now wolf boy....

seeing as pie seems to be on the menu, would you like a large slice of humble?

Posted Image

#6 Paul Davidson

Paul Davidson
  • Coach
  • 580 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:35 AM

I see Wigan are playing East Leeds at LSV straight after our match against Toulouse on the 6th!

#7 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,021 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:27 AM

The details of how they intend to use the agreement are irrelevant
Its been firmly established that the opponents to this dual registration scheme cannot argue that is anything but within the rules and the only point of disagreement is the moral one. Is it right and is it good for the club?
No doubt they will try and argue that their dual reg agreement is different. That doesn't matter.
Lots of humble pie to be eaten
They obviously got their sums wrong pre season. Signed a squad based on projected income and have fallen well short on attendances leaving a big deficit
How a club as well run and well supported can make such a bssic error has dumbfounded me
Mr demon bartholomew smythe etc can only resort to abuse in return now as they realise how silly they look.

Edited by mark richardson, 22 March 2013 - 05:29 AM.

#8 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:45 AM

I really enjoy waking up to find I've been labelled a "mong".

#9 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 931 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:03 AM

So, all the time I've "not been getting it" it seems I have been getting it........only we got it first because we didn't hang about and pontificate on the ethics, knowing full well everyone else would eventually!
Seems like the only clubs that didn't do it is because they have super league aspirations and it wouldn't look good on the CV.
Where does that now leave 'Be-Leigh-ve'?

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#10 Barnie

Barnie
  • Coach
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:16 PM

Their RLFans site is rather funny. they are all saying its different for them. hahahah. Which do you prefer Wigan Centurions or Leigh Warriors? I think i prefer the Leigan Ostriches!

Posted Image

#11 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 333 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:49 PM

Fascinating and rather sad. Leigh appear to have signed the same agreement as Swinton but with an "understanding" (guidance) that it will only be used for under 23's. Oh that must be okay then.

The moral high ground has been whipped from beneath their feet.

The difference to Leigh's - We have had two "returning to fitness" over 23's (Wood and Bridge) who played one game each and then Tyrone McCarthy (who has played most games this season (5?) as he cannot get in the Warrington matchday squad)

So not a great deal of difference there then.

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

#12 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:00 PM

it wont matter anyhow because the majority of Wigans promising under 23's are playing down at South Scorpions so they will have very little left to choose from. However you could very well find they get used for the over 23's coming back from injurys

#13 parky

parky
  • Coach
  • 283 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:13 PM

Hopefully all the Yorkshire Puddings will now move to the Leigh Warriors forum.

#14 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,021 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:58 AM

Controversial news about Swinton gets a huge response. ...from our regular contributors and leigh fans....
The same news about leigh.....and where are they now?

#15 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:06 AM

What a very sad thread. Lots of nasty personal abuse. Bad news as regards Leigh. Topped off with Paucl's little nugget that one of the biggest names in RL cannot stage a scheduled home match in its own town, presumably because of the god that is football.

All it means on a personal front is that I don't want to watch Warrington reserves masquerading as Swinton Lions, nor do I want to see Wigan reserves masquerading as Leigh Centurions. So I'll watch what happens next and if it feels to me that Leigh are also taking partnering too far, watching them won't have any appeal either.

A very sad scenario at Leigh, as they have done a lot of things right and its still very much a rugby league town, but supporter numbers have been stubborn to rise. If they cannot get much above 1,400 what hope is there for the other semi pro clubs?

Rugby League - great game, shame about the administration.

#16 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,021 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:38 PM

Taking it too far?
You're personal conditions are less stringent cos big Trevs a mate?
Conditional opposition to a moral conundrum . I like it.

#17 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:06 PM

Taking it too far?
You're personal conditions are less stringent cos big Trevs a mate?
Conditional opposition to a moral conundrum . I like it.

The personal condition is the same.

Trevor Barton is not a "mate" but it is true that I would have greater faith in Trevor Barton to protect the identity and integrity of Leigh Centurions than I would his present counterparts at the Lions. That said it comes down to the track record of actions rather than words.

If his actions re; partnering leave me with the impression Leigh is being morphed into Wigan reserves, that doesn't appeal to me.

I wasn't fully comfortable with the basic Dual Registration concept last season, but with the limit of 4 sourced from various other clubs it didn't feel as though the fundamental identity of the side was being changed.

This year the Swinton side has become 50% Warrington players. Training has transferred to Padgate. Established Warrington first teamers have been allowed to play for Swinton Lions as an exercise in match fitness. Steve McCormack's resigned and his replacement is a Warrington man to the core. And most important of all - still no tangible progress with Agecroft and no evident plan of how any of this helps develop Swinton Lions in its own right.

If that lot isn't enough to make someone think twice, what would be? The end result for me has been that watching the team just doesn't feel the same.

As things stand John and Paul Kidd have taken the partnership concept considerably further than any other club. They have gone to the limit of the rules and then found a way to push beyond those rules. There are some important differences in the way and extent to which different clubs have adopted partnering.

I hate the entire concept though. Perhaps I've reached the end of watching RL altogether. It seems to be losing sight of the reasons why I enjoyed being involved with it.

#18 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,021 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:15 PM

So it is conditional or it isn't?

Looks to me like the kidds have actually stolen a march on this occasion.

#19 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:57 PM

So it is conditional or it isn't?

Looks to me like the kidds have actually stolen a march on this occasion.

My support is of the conditional variety.

Its a question of whether I get that feeling in the guts - this just isn't right - then that's the decision made.

Question is (and its one for the game as a whole) - Is partnering being done as a means to an end, or is it the end in itself?

As for the Kidds stealing a march - if the passage of time shows the future of the semi pro game is one of feeder teams you stand to be proven right. That's not something that has any appeal on a personal level. Looking at it another way - perhaps they were the first lemmings over the cliff?

#20 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,021 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:28 PM

Thats really the same argument as before
The point being here that leigh and yourself were dead against dual reg
Now its ok conditionally?