Lobby gobbling hypocrites

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#41 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:59 AM

Wigan Warriors Rugby General Manager, Kris Radlinski said; “I see this as a real chance for both clubs to work together for the benefit of rugby league across the Borough of Wigan, as a Club we can benefit in a number of ways which includes the opportunity for some of our players to gain vital first team football at Championship level. For Leigh this provides an enhanced squad for them to choose from with up to 5 players at any one time available via the dual registration or through the loan system format. Leigh has a great position within the game and both parties are keen to ensure each Club still retains its individual structures and identity.”

"Across the borough of Wigan"? Hmmm!

"Or through the loan system"? No age limit in the loan system that I know of!

Maybe time to get your fedora cleaned for the cricket season Phil?

Some pretty clear risks there, Leigh being a hotbed of the amateur and schools game that no doubt Wigan would love to raid even more than they already do. This might even give them a helping hand with resources so to do!

Its also a concern that the limit on the number of dual registered players has steadily crept upwards, so there's "only" an increase of another 2 needed to make half a side.....drip, drip, drip.....

At least there has been a big response from Leigh supporters to the effect that they are keen to see the identity of the club protected. We will see what happens next.

Is Chairman Mo about to get his wish after all? I really do hope not, but its starting to look that way.
Rugby League - great game, shame about the administration.

#42 wberry

wberry
  • Coach
  • 453 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:24 PM

Philh..... I suggest you choose a super league to start supporting now and stick with em for life. You was a swinton fan but was unhappy with the d/r, so then became a leigh fan but now are wavering on that choice because of their decision to use d/r, so rather than you jumping ship to Halifax, Featherstone etc I suggest you just go straight to the top ie Wigan/saints (my choice would be wigan). It will be far easy on you and cheaper cos to keep buying new shirts, scarves and car stickers cant be cheap.

Unfortunately for me I didn't choose to support swinton, it was a decision made for me. Its where im from and live and the team my dad took me to. Iv had some of my best days out watching swinton (and some not so good) and decisions the club have to make wont change this. Plus my dad would turn in his grave i was supporting leigh.

I do want a reply but please keep it short (you can do by just cutting out your usual woffle)

Wayne

#43 class of 63

class of 63
  • Coach
  • 251 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:13 PM

Philh..... I suggest you choose a super league to start supporting now and stick with em for life. You was a swinton fan but was unhappy with the d/r, so then became a leigh fan but now are wavering on that choice because of their decision to use d/r, so rather than you jumping ship to Halifax, Featherstone etc I suggest you just go straight to the top ie Wigan/saints (my choice would be wigan). It will be far easy on you and cheaper cos to keep buying new shirts, scarves and car stickers cant be cheap.

Unfortunately for me I didn't choose to support swinton, it was a decision made for me. Its where im from and live and the team my dad took me to. Iv had some of my best days out watching swinton (and some not so good) and decisions the club have to make wont change this. Plus my dad would turn in his grave i was supporting leigh.

I do want a reply but please keep it short (you can do by just cutting out your usual woffle)

Wayne

Well said - people can analyse the problems with DR etc etc and come up with whatever actions they wish to take but obviously for supporters like you and I the word that will always apply will be PASSION for our club and Rugby League

Passion (from the Latin verb patī meaning to suffer) is a term applied to a very strong feeling about a person or thing. Passion is an intense emotion compelling feeling, enthusiasm, or desire for something.

#44 parky

parky
  • Coach
  • 283 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:07 PM

How many rugby teams can a true supporter personally watch and support in their lifetime.

#45 iomlion

iomlion
  • Players
  • 76 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:41 PM

Parky, as many as they like lol. I just wish when they switched allegiances they did so fully and stopped dipping back on here.

At least Judas was ashamed. Can't wait for the response.

#46 wberry

wberry
  • Coach
  • 453 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:48 PM

And still we wait.....

Wayne

#47 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:06 AM

Wayne

Unlike yourself, I come from a family in which none of the previous generations had any interest in rugby league.

While home was in Pendlebury, all my schooling was done in the Leigh area from the ages of 4 - 18 inclusive. My mum felt that was a good move in order to ensure I got the best possible education, she didn't trust the quality of the schools in the Salford council area, so each school day was an 8-10 mile journey each way.

My first experience of rugby league came through playing it at secondary school. That was in the same year Mick McTigue plunged over the line at the Recreation Ground Whitehaven to secure for Leigh the first division league championship - they were at the top of the tree at that point in time. The school and town had a very strong RL playing culture, probably moreso than today.

Another formative moment came the following year, with the arrival on our shores of the 1982 Australian tourists. To this day, the most talented side I have ever seen play the game. I was captivated by their performances and at this point decided rugby league was a superior game to football.

My home town had a team, the town in which I went to school had a team, so for as long as I've followed the sport I've always had an interest in both.

The school team had a lot of very capable players, we reached the semi final of the English schools competition. Many of my contemporaries went on to play the game professionally, most at least started out with Leigh. I felt it was a natural thing to have an interest in their fortunes. The link continues to this day as one of those contemporaries was Paul Rowley (in our early years at secondary school his dad played for Swinton, which gave another link) and another school contemporary, although she never played RL(!), was Trevor Barton's daughter.

So, there you have it!

#48 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 946 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:00 AM

What?

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#49 parky

parky
  • Coach
  • 283 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:17 AM

Translator required please.

#50 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:19 AM

I was born and raised in swinton and Worsley
We always had a dog as I grew up
However I once saw a cat cross the road and then I found a pound
Ive had an interest in cats since but my mum wouldn't let me have one because we had a dog
When I bought my first house I joined the emergency srrvices
Working irregular hours I thought it unfair to have a dog so I rekindled my childhood interest and bought two cats
As time went on I realised I still loved dogs
Fortunately a job came up as a dog handler and I've been lucky enough to do that since
Interstingly at times being supervised from on high by Trevor Barton son (TRUE)
My cats are now dead but I maintain an interest by regularly stroking the many which live in my neighbourhood
I still have dogs and I'm now on my fourth although he is only twelve weeks old
There you go.

#51 iomlion

iomlion
  • Players
  • 76 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:37 AM

Parky,

Was having a pop at phillh really!

Mark,

I had a budgie when I was a kid but I wouldn't have another one. I am from Swinton and lived in Leigh when I got married. I used to go and watch Leigh when Swinton weren't playing.

But I am a Swinton supporter, end of. I follow Leigh but I am a Swinton supporter, clear line for me but everyone is different.

I just don't go on Leigh forum telling them they are doing everything wrong and how they should be running their club without putting anything positive in which entitles me to those opinions.

Don't understand people.

#52 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 946 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:16 AM

I like beer and drink it at every opportunity.
Sometimes I drink to much and fall over.

There you go!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#53 Barnie

Barnie
  • Coach
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:07 PM

Ive had an interest in cats since but my mum wouldn't let me have one because we had a dog
Working irregular hours I thought it unfair to have a dog so I rekindled my childhood interest and bought two cats
Fortunately a job came up as a dog handler and I've been lucky enough to do that since
My cats are now dead but I maintain an interest by regularly stroking the many which live in my neighbourhood
There you go.

best laugh I've had on this forum in a long time. thank you!
Dont worry, it will soon be Christmas!

Posted Image

#54 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:03 PM

There you go.

If the type of cats you had were lions and the type of dogs you have are wolves, its all very apt.

#55 Barnie

Barnie
  • Coach
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:30 PM

If the type of cats you had were lions and the type of dogs you have are wolves, its all very apt.

Id leave comedy to others if I was you.
Dont worry, it will soon be Christmas!

Posted Image

#56 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:34 PM

A Centurion if effectively a warrior anyway.

#57 parky

parky
  • Coach
  • 283 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:40 PM

I used to bump into Derek Whitehead on Moorside Road from time to time and have a discussion.When he left and went to Warrington should I have become a Wires fan. Also same with Dave Robinson should I be a Warrior. I have numerous examples it just makes Phillh statement for want of a better word silly.

ionlion .
I know it was a translator required for Phillh and his so called explanation or excuse.

#58 wberry

wberry
  • Coach
  • 453 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:20 PM

Wow ! Well philh you must of mist the bit where I said "leave out the woffle"...

Do you think that just because you write the longest post on it makes you look the cleverest person in the world!

You know exactly the point I and others make but you come back with a load of woffle and think you win the point. You dont!

But anyway, moving on from my last tip for you.....

Tip 2.... when you pick a club, stick to it, stick to their forums and stop boring sh...it out of me!

Thank you

Wayne

Edited by wberry, 26 March 2013 - 04:38 PM.

#59 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 338 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:13 PM

Blimey PhilH

It was like a session on the psychologist coach. Lots of inner demons and torments to deal with there.

I am so please that my life is so simple - Born in Swinton, Raised and schooled in Swinton, Live in Swinton ----- > Support Swinton

(Maybe I should get out more!)

I am also pleased that someone else can be custodian of my moral well being as a Rugby supporter leaving me to enjoy watching Swinton play.

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

#60 GLENNGARY

GLENNGARY
  • Coach
  • 236 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:28 PM

Philh, what did you study at university, Bileology

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users