• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#21 Wiffdog

Wiffdog
  • Players
  • 39 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:11 PM

Been told the weather is ok up at cumbria

Weather in the south of the county is atrocious. Up in the West its not as bad, well looking out of my window in Egremont it looks cold, sleety and very windy.

This is what the bbc says http://www.bbc.co.uk...umbria-21892761
Egremont Rangers 7th choice winger 2002-2007

#22 groundsman

groundsman
  • Coach
  • 809 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:26 PM

Latest from hull looks like we might miss worst of the weather, at present Skirlaugh pitch is marked out don't see a problem but wrap up warm it's bitterly cold

#23 super_reff

super_reff
  • Players
  • 29 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:31 PM

Hindley v Woolston is off.
www.procompress.co.uk

#24 rollman

rollman
  • Coach
  • 190 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:37 PM

East hull Myton off council call

#25 cheesecretary

cheesecretary
  • Coach
  • 254 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:44 PM

East Leeds v Oulton Raiders - OFF

#26 dys

dys
  • Coach
  • 354 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:03 PM

Wonder if everyone is going to call East Hull now like they did Myton last week..... :rolleyes: off at 4pm the day before with a game between 2 Hull teams and there has not been 1 flake of snow in Hull yet, very windy so will be drying out all the pitches.

Not saying it isnt going to Snow overnight but why not wait untill 10/11am tomorrow??

#27 rollman

rollman
  • Coach
  • 190 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:05 PM

We don't know why they have called it off now it's ridiculous but our pitch is council run not private like myton!
Rather play!!

#28 groundsman

groundsman
  • Coach
  • 809 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:08 PM

It council pitch & they call it ? Were having 6am inspection if we get any bad weather during the night but will do all we can to get it on, it's awkward when team is travelling from Cumbria !

#29 groundsman

groundsman
  • Coach
  • 809 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:28 PM

We don't know why they have called it off now it's ridiculous but our pitch is council run not private like myton!
Rather play!!

Spoke to one of your coaches he said its because the council have invested £2000 on it & It was soden, council are always quick to call games off to be fair

#30 Hullfan

Hullfan
  • Coach
  • 687 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:39 PM

Will the myton side be turning out in there A team cup match???

#31 Ghostbuster

Ghostbuster
  • Coach
  • 413 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:46 PM

Anyone know what its like other at mayfield

Hardly any Snow in Rochdale today, So Match is still On ! ;-)
"There are only 5 functions of Internet FORUMS. . . . . . . . . . Brag . . Patronise . . Wind-up . . Fawn . . Threaten. . . . . . . . . Which one did you perform? "

Andy 'Ghosty' Rogose is Ghostbuster

(Vice Chairman Rochdale Fijian Association) (Member Rochdale Mayfield A.R.L.F.C)

#32 Assamarra

Assamarra
  • Coach
  • 131 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:48 PM

Blackbrook v Kells off.

#33 groundsman

groundsman
  • Coach
  • 809 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:53 PM

Skirlaugh v Egremont is OFF pitch is fine but police have advised egremont not to travel.

#34 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,804 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:17 PM

Wonder if everyone is going to call East Hull now like they did Myton last week..... :rolleyes: off at 4pm the day before with a game between 2 Hull teams and there has not been 1 flake of snow in Hull yet, very windy so will be drying out all the pitches.

Not saying it isnt going to Snow overnight but why not wait untill 10/11am tomorrow??

Clerk of the Council will not be working on a Saturday morning.
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#35 fatbirdsneedlovintoo

fatbirdsneedlovintoo
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:31 PM

Hows west hull??

#36 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:44 PM

Bradford DH v Millom - OFF

#37 bearman

bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,391 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:50 PM

Coventry Bears v Fev Lions is off.
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#38 deadingoal

deadingoal
  • Players
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:18 PM

Hullfan if you knew anything about rugby league you would know that mytons a-team would only be able to pick 4 first team players any how i doubt tony spence would risk any of his first teamers in the a-team game

#39 The Dog Walker

The Dog Walker
  • Players
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:36 PM

We chaps, me and Shadow have just returned home after a long walk. The wife has been keeping me updated on the dog and bone with what's been going on. It's right about Siddal pitch not payable.
I have to say thestatman took that really well, didn't get over to Wigan but from what I have heard pretty bad.
Eccles still confident they will be on, Askam have it bad but then Wiffdog said Egremont and Wath Brow snow melting.

Leeds council call all off but NO snow in Hull but games called off what's going on.. Not going out again. Will take Shadow out in morning. So we have had Groundsman, council's, Police and of course referee's calling games off. All this on Friday and in 5 hours. As a rugby fan I feel for the one who has to inform Players the wont have a game having trained all week. And lot of sorting out for the league officials. So roughly 13 games fall foul of the weather and more to come, I cant wait for summer to start.

Well off now chaps down the pub for a pint and game of dom's, and leave in doors watching the soaps seeing no rugby on TV.

#40 Hullfan

Hullfan
  • Coach
  • 687 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:21 PM

Hullfan if you knew anything about rugby league you would know that mytons a-team would only be able to pick 4 first team players any how i doubt tony spence would risk any of his first teamers in the a-team game

I doubt he would against the team there playing against I played against em last week brutal there was

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users