TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:46 AM

Anybody else remember the summer spin ?

http://www.therfl.co...ty_competitions

I am sure it read something like " no more cancelled games etc etc "

Their choice of text

Edited by TaxiEgg, 23 March 2013 - 11:47 AM.

#62 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 9,010 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:02 PM

What about juniors in Hull we are due to play East Hull U16s in National Cup tomorrow. What are chances of it been on?

No idea mate. We had a few inches of snow overnight but it is starting to slowly thaw now. If it stays above freezing then I think a fair amount of snow will have gone by the time the sun sets, although it's cloudy everywhere, but if it freezes again overnight then the pitches will be frost bound and unplayable IMO.

rldfsignature.jpg

#63 thestatman

thestatman
  • Coach
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:24 PM

Me and Shadow just returned home from our long walk I didn't think anything would be on even closing footpaths. Statsman it was only paper talk about the 16pts your team would have won today by 8pts. Barbara rugby players don't want to ironing on a Saturday afternoon, they want to be playing the game they train for all week. Question: will this weeks fixtures be moved to one of the backlog week by the NCL admin?

Looking at the fixture schedule there would be the opportunity to slot in the full round of fixtures on either the 11th May or 1st June. These dates were set aside for the 1st 2 rounds of the Conference Challenge Trophy. The last 16 is set for 22nd of June so only one of the dates for the first 2 rounds will need to be used for that event. My betting is that the full round of league fixtures will be played on 11th May with the last 32 of the Challenge Trophy on 1st June.

Edited by thestatman, 23 March 2013 - 12:57 PM.

SINGING MY MUM'S A .......

Views are my own and not necessarily those of Thatto Heath Crusaders!!

#64 Wiffdog

Wiffdog
  • Players
  • 39 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:48 PM

Anybody else remember the summer spin ?

http://www.therfl.co...ty_competitions

I am sure it read something like " no more cancelled games etc etc "

Their choice of text

Not the winter vs summer thing again? It's an uncharacteristically cold weekend and it would of resulted in most matches being called off regardless of whether the league was played in winter or summer becuase even if we were still playing winter rugby then we would still be playing fixtures at this time of year. Apart from this weekend, which is a weather anomaly, the weather has been consistent for an average march and it might be a shock to you but it isn't summer yet.

I would also point out from an Egremont point of view that last season they played from February to November with very few matches called off due to weather... and from what I remember of the last season they played of winter rugby was that there were weeks on end of cancelations due to frost and water loggings. My feelings are that some people on here are far too quick to condemn summer rugby and are incapable to understand that things never turn out as planned. Instead of talking about how things can be done to improve the league, you look at things that haven't quite went to plan and decided that the whole thing is ###### and thus we must return to the perfect winter league...

I assume other readers of this forum as I am are getting sick of people repeating the same arguments over and over.
Egremont Rangers 7th choice winger 2002-2007

#65 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:58 PM

Not the winter vs summer thing again? It's an uncharacteristically cold weekend and it would of resulted in most matches being called off regardless of whether the league was played in winter or summer becuase even if we were still playing winter rugby then we would still be playing fixtures at this time of year. Apart from this weekend, which is a weather anomaly, the weather has been consistent for an average march and it might be a shock to you but it isn't summer yet.

I would also point out from an Egremont point of view that last season they played from February to November with very few matches called off due to weather... and from what I remember of the last season they played of winter rugby was that there were weeks on end of cancelations due to frost and water loggings. My feelings are that some people on here are far too quick to condemn summer rugby and are incapable to understand that things never turn out as planned. Instead of talking about how things can be done to improve the league, you look at things that haven't quite went to plan and decided that the whole thing is ###### and thus we must return to the perfect winter league...

I assume other readers of this forum as I am are getting sick of people repeating the same arguments over and over.

I think the point being made was the spin put on why we should all play in the summer, "Summer rugby would be the end of cancelled games due to bad weather"
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#66 Cutsyke Raiders

Cutsyke Raiders
  • Coach
  • 438 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:05 PM

Question: will this weeks fixtures be moved to one of the backlog week by the NCL admin?

They could do.
June 1st is the first universally available backlog date.
They will probably fit them in where they can though, on various backlog dates, as teams get knocked out of the Conference Challenge Trophy.

Edited by Cutsyke Raiders, 23 March 2013 - 01:06 PM.

#67 Wiffdog

Wiffdog
  • Players
  • 39 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:24 PM

I think the point being made was the spin put on why we should all play in the summer, "Summer rugby would be the end of cancelled games due to bad weather"

Ideally yes, realistically no. I think most people believed that not to be the case, but understood it enough that in summer there would be far less severe weather.
Egremont Rangers 7th choice winger 2002-2007

#68 The Dog Walker

The Dog Walker
  • Players
  • 26 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:34 PM

Not after summers we are having. Which are the best months to play? That's weather wise not stag weekends, holidays or extra work time in the sun.

#69 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:29 PM

The problems at the moment are a lot deeper than the weather which IMO has no bearing at all on the numbers or lack of playing.

#70 The Dog Walker

The Dog Walker
  • Players
  • 26 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:56 PM

Why is it deeper, better weather more rugby played.

#71 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:57 PM

Wilfdog to make my posistion clear I am not anti playing in the best conditions, you may or may not be aware but our association was to the best of my knowlegde the only one in the amatuer game that ran a traditional season with a winter break amd quite succsessful at that with steady growth year on year , FACT we move to summer ( whenever that is ) completetly turn the game upside down and the direct result for our association is a drop in registrations of nearly 20% ,so i make no apologies in opening up the debate again because i am trying to protect the future of the game.

Read the RFL summer spin again , it would be foolish not to keep this debate open .

#72 Cantona

Cantona
  • Players
  • 49 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:20 PM

, FACT we move to summer ( whenever that is ) completetly turn the game upside down and the direct result for our association is a drop in registrations of nearly 20% ,so i make no apologies in opening up the debate again because i am trying to protect the future of the game.

Read the RFL summer spin again , it would be foolish not to keep this debate open .

Mick . We haven't had a Summer season to judge anything off yet , last season was ( by a bugs dick ) the 2nd wettest on record and this weekend is a bit freakish for late late March and you wouldn't expect the clubs to risk the health of their players or the coach companies risking the health of their drivers or their vehicles for nothing ..... so the NCL have done right in cancelling this weekends fixtures .

What is needed is a bit of a Summer this year before a judgement can be made .

#73 LordCharles

LordCharles
  • Coach
  • 808 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:22 PM

Wilfdog to make my posistion clear I am not anti playing in the best conditions, you may or may not be aware but our association was to the best of my knowlegde the only one in the amatuer game that ran a traditional season with a winter break amd quite succsessful at that with steady growth year on year , FACT we move to summer ( whenever that is ) completetly turn the game upside down and the direct result for our association is a drop in registrations of nearly 20% ,so i make no apologies in opening up the debate again because i am trying to protect the future of the game.

Sorry TaxiEgg, but I think you will find its just a blip in the weather and everything else is ok in the world of RL, just ask the RFL, participation has gone through the roof!

No need to panic, everything is just fine! :mellow:

#74 The Dog Walker

The Dog Walker
  • Players
  • 26 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:30 PM

Just keep it simple, players want to play some in winter some in summer so get behind them both. Leave the powers that are to argue with each other.
They one be the one that are judged about taking the game forward or backwards.

It like players are told by there coaches keep it simple and stick to the plan and rewards will come.

#75 georgehadgingerhair

georgehadgingerhair
  • Players
  • 81 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:11 PM

Are there any matches been played today ?

#76 The Dog Walker

The Dog Walker
  • Players
  • 26 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:35 PM

None

#77 British Lion

British Lion
  • Players
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:19 PM

Summer or winter season games would have still been off.

#78 groundsman

groundsman
  • Coach
  • 809 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:50 PM

Lion could not agree more, all I can say is we put loads of effort into getting eastside ready this weekend x

#79 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:42 PM

Why is it deeper, better weather more rugby played.

Less players playing = less teams = less fixtures = death

#80 The Dog Walker

The Dog Walker
  • Players
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:51 PM

Is there any numbers by RFL,BARLA,Leagues to sow this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users