A rant is coming on

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 guess who

guess who
  • Coach
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:31 AM

They are banned on some sites because of a perceived lack of ankle support and they are not good for climbing ladders.

I know some people (including me) find them a bit awkward to wear at first because the hard overlocked seam of jeans rub against their ankles. I immediately found that wearing Regatta-type work trousers, chinos, normal trousers or track suit bottoms resolved any problems. I now find riggers really comfortable to wear.

Either way, they are warmer and more comfy than wellies to wear in snow

When i was a tower crane driver/erector i used to wear rigger boots. Never had a problem climbing vertical ladders. I used to love them for working in.

#22 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 41,122 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:47 AM

When i was a tower crane driver/erector i used to wear rigger boots. Never had a problem climbing vertical ladders. I used to love them for working in.

hated them when I was working for Reevesy. Muck and stones got down them too easily. Best work boots I ever had were Dickies laceups.

I've just got back from walking my dogs and helped push a guy and his car out of Leodensians car park. He was clueless and would have stuck there til June if left to his own devices.

Edited by l'angelo mysterioso, 23 March 2013 - 10:48 AM.

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#23 guess who

guess who
  • Coach
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:31 AM

hated them when I was working for Reevesy. Muck and stones got down them too easily. Best work boots I ever had were Dickies laceups.

I've just got back from walking my dogs and helped push a guy and his car out of Leodensians car park. He was clueless and would have stuck there til June if left to his own devices.

Have to say Chris most people have no real idea of how to dive in the snow.

Last night a guy across the road got stuck. As he tried to sort it out, all that was happening was he was sliding backwards towards my car. His family were trying to push him away from my car.

I went out to offer help. He didnt like the fact that i offered. So he said "ok then clever clogs why dont you show me how to do it. He got out of his car as he said it. So i got in and moved it to the front of his house no problem at all. As i walked away i said, told you not to use so much gas and the right gear.

#24 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,717 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:25 AM

Last night a guy across the road got stuck. As he tried to sort it out, all that was happening was he was sliding backwards towards my car. His family were trying to push him away from my car.

I went out to offer help. He didnt like the fact that i offered. So he said "ok then clever clogs why dont you show me how to do it. He got out of his car as he said it. So i got in and moved it to the front of his house no problem at all. As i walked away i said, told you not to use so much gas and the right gear.

:rolleyes:

When driving in snow it is definitely a case of less is more. Too many people when they lose traction just press even harder on the loud pedal.
"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#25 guess who

guess who
  • Coach
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:51 AM

:rolleyes:

When driving in snow it is definitely a case of less is more. Too many people when they lose traction just press even harder on the loud pedal.

To true.

Hardly any gas, second gear and just get the car rocking backwards and forwards and out of the rote he was in and away i went.

The big trouble in this country is, we dont get enough snow. People dont gear up for it or know how to deal with it.

#26 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 41,122 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:04 PM

lesson 1 MAKE SURE ITS DEEP ENOUGH
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#27 Methven Hornet

Methven Hornet
  • Coach
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:09 PM

A couple of years ago, I got tired of shuffling gingerly around every time the snow and ice came (although that's not very often in London). So I bought a pair of these most excellent accessories.

Posted Image

We use these at work for walking deliveries and they are excellent. Not so good for farms and outlying deliveries as you're not supposed to drive in them.
"There are now more pandas in Scotland than Tory MPs."

#28 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,960 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:33 PM

lesson 1 MAKE SURE ITS DEEP ENOUGH

:lol:

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#29 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,093 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:43 AM

l'ang still got it! :D

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users