RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Pitch and Ground Inspection for Sunday's game

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Dewsbury Rams

Dewsbury Rams
  • Players
  • 52 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:24 AM

The club has this morning spoken with the Match Commissioner for Sunday’s game against Keighley Cougars.

Because the visiting team is relatively local and to meet RFL regulations the earliest time to make a decision on whether or not the game can go ahead is Sunday morning. There will be a pitch and ground inspection at 10.00am on Sunday and the result of this will be posted on the web site and message board as soon as possible after the inspection has taken place.

Unfortunately the latest forecast from the Met Office for Friday night isn’t promising. As well as the affecting pitch conditions this is also likely to affect the car parks, terracing, pathways, entrances etc all of which have to be considered safe before any game can take place and this isn’t the case at the moment.

Please check again on Sunday morning for a further update.

#2 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:00 PM

We can clear the paths etc.done that before.If the club wants a squad to try to get it on. We need a post on here asap.We need to let the young studs know to cut down on the ginger beer sat nite.

#3 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,514 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:31 PM

Might not be a bad thing if off
gives us time off before the busy easter program

if its played will be heavy and a mud bath
so any chance of fast flowing rugby to entertain us will be restricted...and after last week.

its a close call between the match....and watching a old tin of paint in my shed that could be quite entertaining watch dry ;)

#4 ricochet

ricochet
  • Players
  • 52 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:15 PM

Coolie you old cynic, if it wasn't for the snow you could always sit in the garden and watch the grass grow!
Ricochet!

#5 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,514 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:21 PM

Nar mate...did that last week

it was ruined by 34 blokes running around on it obstructing my view of all the dramatic grass growing action...at one stage a blade got a break and dashed 0000000000.01 of a millimetre...was like watching the billy slater of the grass world...poetry in motion...wont see owt cos of the mud this week rich ;)

#6 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 881 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:01 AM

Looking at the weather at the moment,they will be no chance of the game going on.Looks like a new date will be needed later in the season.

#7 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 931 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:27 AM

Looking at the weather at the moment,they will be no chance of the game going on.Looks like a new date will be needed later in the season.

Think it will be good news if it's off. Keighley on a high, us on a low and a few key men out. As BSJ suggested earlier I think we will be better on drier pitches. Let's play em later on. You have the added issue of the gate. Even if we get it on on Sunday the gate would be seriously depressed. There seems to be at least 15 free Sunday's in May / June. Let's play then.

#8 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 695 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:59 PM

Yep called off.
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#9 ricochet

ricochet
  • Players
  • 52 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:31 PM

Think it will be good news if it's off. Keighley on a high, us on a low and a few key men out. As BSJ suggested earlier I think we will be better on drier pitches. Let's play em later on. You have the added issue of the gate. Even if we get it on on Sunday the gate would be seriously depressed. There seems to be at least 15 free Sunday's in May / June. Let's play then.

15 free sundays in two months, I think you should take your calendar back and demand a refund.
Ricochet!

#10 ricochet

ricochet
  • Players
  • 52 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:37 PM

Nar mate...did that last week

it was ruined by 34 blokes running around on it obstructing my view of all the dramatic grass growing action...at one stage a blade got a break and dashed 0000000000.01 of a millimetre...was like watching the billy slater of the grass world...poetry in motion...wont see owt cos of the mud this week rich ;)

You won't see the mud for a while coolie and there will be plenty more when the snow melts. 3 feet in places they say, could make a few bob for AR putting on skiing lessons towards Owl lane, never overlook an opportunity I say!
Ricochet!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users