Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Leigh enter partnership with Wigan (merged threads)

Club media release

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#101 amh

amh
  • 11,085 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:59 PM

Maybe we couldn't care less.

tad harsh, but true

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#102 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:21 PM

Well im from York n I would rather watch a York side with 8 hull fc players in it competing with the better teams in the league than a York team gettin tonked every week so dont see how it decreases fan base.

Its ok for the likes of fev who can win all there games without help from DR players n thats great full respect to them but not every team has the money to do that.

Can these links with SL clubs be stopped at any moment or are they bound by contracts for a certain amount of time?

The Hull and York partnership is for 3 years with a review at the end of that, although it can be terminated at anytime with the agreement of both clubs.

Its working pretty well so far (IMHO). We've certainly had a lot more stability with this set-up than any other DR agreement.
Posted Image

#103 jackknife

jackknife
  • Coach
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:17 PM

The Hull and York partnership is for 3 years with a review at the end of that, although it can be terminated at anytime with the agreement of both clubs.

Its working pretty well so far (IMHO). We've certainly had a lot more stability with this set-up than any other DR agreement.

Good news n long may it continue!
COME ON THE CORN
CLASSY CAS 4EVA
Go Go Go York City Knights!

#104 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:19 PM

Good news n long may it continue!

If both clubs are happy (as they currently are) then I don't see why not.
Posted Image

#105 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,580 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:49 PM

Last season York finished 10th out of 10, this year are currently 11th out of 14. Hell of an improvement eh?

#106 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:11 PM

Last season York finished 10th out of 10, this year are currently 11th out of 14. Hell of an improvement eh?

I'm sorry, I wasn't aware this season had already finished.
Posted Image

#107 Bartholemew Smythe

Bartholemew Smythe
  • Coach
  • 672 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:02 PM

Come on Lobby back that up.

When I worked at BICC in Leigh quite a few Leythers back then went to watch Wigan games.

Were you the one saying "give me seven" on East Bridgewater St?

When did you work at the BICC?
We`re on a road to Nowhere.......................

#108 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,230 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:37 PM

Were you the one saying "give me seven" on East Bridgewater St?

When did you work at the BICC?

1977 to 1989

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#109 Honor James

Honor James
  • Coach
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:57 AM

http://campaign.r20....XMs4i0F1e25PpE=

Edited by Honor James, 25 March 2013 - 07:58 AM.

“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”  Eleanor Roosevelt