Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Then their were 4

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:02 PM

I see Leigh have caved in and partnered up with Wigan. That just leaves 4 of us now.

#2 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,779 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:04 PM

I see Leigh have caved in and partnered up with Wigan. That just leaves 4 of us now.

Paul Rowley said on Premier Sports last night \fter the game that Leigh had been in a partnership with Wigan for the past 18 months, so there never was four to start with!!!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#3 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:06 PM

Paul Rowley said on Premier Sports last night \fter the game that Leigh had been in a partnership with Wigan for the past 18 months, so there never was four to start with!!!!!

5 there's 4 now πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„. The quicker we get out of the joke this league as become the better.

#4 Toadstool

Toadstool
  • Players
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:11 PM

Erm I don't think so....

If you read what has been announced you will see it is totally in line with what Fev (that's your team isn't it?), Fax, Sheff and Leigh stated in their memo of understanding.

http://www.loverugby...with-wigan.html

Although why let the facts get in the way of a good story!

#5 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:16 PM

Erm I don't think so....

If you read what has been announced you will see it is totally in line with what Fev (that's your team isn't it?), Fax, Sheff and Leigh stated in their memo of understanding.

http://www.loverugby...with-wigan.html

Although why let the facts get in the way of a good story!

Just because you are only taking on U23s doesn't mean you arnt like the rest. Most of the champ only take young uns on. Dress it up how you like you are still Wigans play thing.

#6 Toadstool

Toadstool
  • Players
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:28 PM

Just because you are only taking on U23s doesn't mean you arnt like the rest. Most of the champ only take young uns on. Dress it up how you like you are still Wigans play thing.

So the fact that Fev signed the MoU on these terms means that they don't agree with them?

Wow - that is a unique way of drafting a Memo of Understanding! "Let's all put what we believe to be right on paper and sign it because in fact we totally disagree with it."

You are obviously trying to claim a moral high ground where none exists.

Like I said, don't let the facts get in the way of a good story...

#7 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:38 PM

I don't think Leigh have done anything to contravene the MoU. Paul Rowley made that point clearly last night. The other four clubs can do exactly the same within the agreement as far as I can see.
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#8 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:00 PM

Witnessing their performance last night, they need to.

#9 Toadstool

Toadstool
  • Players
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:15 PM

Witnessing their performance last night, they need to.

I will give you that one... :wacko:

#10 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:11 PM

I don't think Leigh have done anything to contravene the MoU. Paul Rowley made that point clearly last night. The other four clubs can do exactly the same within the agreement as far as I can see.

Yeah I bet terry don't believe owt he says. Apparently him and the chairman have been repeating over and over at every fans forum that they weren't going to enter a partnership. But now its obvious they had been planning this for months. They are another feeder/reserve club which ever way you look at it.

#11 Toadstool

Toadstool
  • Players
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:18 PM

Yeah I bet terry don't believe owt he says. Apparently him and the chairman have been repeating over and over at every fans forum that they weren't going to enter a partnership. But now its obvious they had been planning this for months. They are another feeder/reserve club which ever way you look at it.

And if you keep saying it often enough it will make it true!

#12 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:23 PM

And if you keep saying it often enough it will make it true!

It is true!!!. Leigh warriors does have a nice ring to it though I must admitπŸ˜‰

#13 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,905 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:26 PM

does taking the rise and scoring a few cheap points out of a fellow championship club's fans really help Gaz?
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#14 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:30 PM

does taking the rise and scoring a few cheap points out of a fellow championship club's fans really help Gaz?

It's just a bit of banter robin. I'm sure they would be the first to do the same if we entered a partnership.

#15 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,905 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:34 PM

each to their own I suppose.....
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#16 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:43 PM

each to their own I suppose.....

Robin I'm not being malicious in anyway just having a bit of fun. I'm sure they wouldn't have done the partnership anyway unless they really had to through money problems etc. I don't take pleasure from seeing another champ club go down the drain even if it helps our SL campaign. It was all meant in good fun and I'm sure they would of taken the fun out of us too if the tables were reversed.

#17 DEANO

DEANO
  • Coach
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:40 PM

when you reach the holy grail that is SL will you loan out some of your fringe players,
sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

#18 Green Brigade

Green Brigade
  • Coach
  • 159 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:49 PM

This is the thing though the players aren't on loan it's dual reg which is just wrong. The game is a complete joke. Every championship team within 3/4 years will be feeder clubs to Super League clubs.

#19 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,433 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:02 PM

Robin I'm not being malicious in anyway just having a bit of fun. I'm sure they wouldn't have done the partnership anyway unless they really had to through money problems etc. I don't take pleasure from seeing another champ club go down the drain even if it helps our SL campaign. It was all meant in good fun and I'm sure they would of taken the fun out of us too if the tables were reversed.

No it's not fun. it's far more emotive than that. You clearly do not have the empathetic ability to realise that supporters feel just as deeply for their club as you claim to do for yours.

#20 DEANO

DEANO
  • Coach
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:02 PM

so will you dr some of your fringe players
sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users