• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,133 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:04 PM

so will you dr some of your fringe players

perhaps we'll do what we do now, and run a 19s, 20s and 23s, providing we've got somebody to play against of course
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#22 Dog Faced Gremlin

Dog Faced Gremlin
  • Coach
  • 498 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:01 PM

5 there's 4 now . The quicker we get out of the joke this league as become the better.

"The quicker we get out the joke this league has become the better." i assume you want to go into super league which has.................

Dual registration.
For when the one great scorer comes to mark against your name he writes not if you won or lost but how you played the game.

#23 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,106 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:12 PM

"The quicker we get out the joke this league has become the better." i assume you want to go into super league which has.................

Dual registration.

Yes but at least we would be the feeder to the farce that is the championship than be the reserve team in it.

Edited by thundergaz, 22 March 2013 - 08:12 PM.

#24 Dog Faced Gremlin

Dog Faced Gremlin
  • Coach
  • 498 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:23 PM

Yes but at least we would be the feeder to the farce that is the championship than be the reserve team in it.

So it's the principal you're against your just against other clubs in your league benefiting. l admire your your high moral stance.
For when the one great scorer comes to mark against your name he writes not if you won or lost but how you played the game.

#25 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,106 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:37 PM

So it's the principal you're against your just against other clubs in your league benefiting. l admire your your high moral stance.

No you've mis understood me. I don't like the DR system what so ever as it only benefits the SL clubs. But by the looks of it the situation isn't going to change anytime soon so with the current situation as it is I would rather be the feeder than the reserve team. I am very worried not just for the state of the game but for the champ clubs who have signed up to these partnerships as I see it as a feeder club system and we all know as long as the SL club is fine who cares.

#26 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:11 PM

Unbelievable.

IF (big If) we were elevated to SL, id hope that wed carry on campaigning for the reintroduction of a reserves league. If not, apply for Rovers 2nds to apply for C1... maybe thats wrong, but id rather seethat happening (by all clubs) than use a Championship club for our own ends and money saving tactics.

Also, ill say that the set up Batley and Huddersfield have with medical stuff is a good aspect of the twinning system.

Cummins Out.

#27 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:48 PM

Leeds- Hunslet, Huddersfield-Batley and Wigan-Leigh look good partnerships on paper, not just for the player exchanges, but they have a great opportunity to get more bums on seats. Because they are near neighbours, they should be giving discounted admission to the season ticket holders of their partner clubs. These folk would not normally come to watch them so there would more to gain than lose, but sadly some of the other partnerships are too distant for fans of the other clubs to be bothered travelling.

#28 Cantona

Cantona
  • Players
  • 49 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:58 AM

I'm not a fan of this " partnership " with one club only lark , I'm reluctantly keeping an eye on it until the end of the the season in the hope we don't exceed what was expected under the old DC system that didn't work in previous years .

I just hope we still have a chair to sit on when the music stops .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users