TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

The board in town needs changed

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 fester

fester
  • Coach
  • 515 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:11 PM

Just been past in car and it says town v jam 29th march 3 PM ko!

#2 westerner

westerner
  • Players
  • 82 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:55 PM

Just been past in car and it says town v jam 29th march 3 PM ko!

What ru playing against yourselves--stupid boy

#3 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:11 AM

Well your the stupid one it kicks off at 1

Edited by scott, 23 March 2013 - 10:20 AM.

#4 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,089 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:35 AM

no that's right. Workington town are playing the whitehaven jameaters next Friday.

#5 westerner

westerner
  • Players
  • 82 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:13 PM

no that's right. Workington town are playing the whitehaven jameaters next Friday.

Now come on now you are the jam Haven are the marras.

#6 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:22 PM

Well ya wrong there mate

#7 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 856 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:42 PM

That,s right some of the jams are marras you know long thick and bent no taste so not liked a lot. Some with very rough skins. Some are so heavy they need a wheel barrow to take them to the pub.

#8 westerner

westerner
  • Players
  • 82 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:24 PM

That,s right some of the jams are marras you know long thick and bent no taste so not liked a lot. Some with very rough skins. Some are so heavy they need a wheel barrow to take them to the pub.

Wow wind your neck in jamboy !
You Wuk coalminers were given that name by Wuk steel workers because the miners couldn't afford meat in their sarnies--the steel men were paid more than their counterparts in the pits. Don't be ashamed of it jamboy, for me as a pitman in Haven and Workington I know which was the hardest and most dangerous job and the most admired---colliers. As a consequence Wuk miners were always referred to as jameaters.
If you worked in the pits then you will appreciate that!

#9 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:30 PM

Wow wind your neck in jamboy !
You Wuk coalminers were given that name by Wuk steel workers because the miners couldn't afford meat in their sarnies--the steel men were paid more than their counterparts in the pits. Don't be ashamed of it jamboy, for me as a pitman in Haven and Workington I know which was the hardest and most dangerous job and the most admired---colliers. As a consequence Wuk miners were always referred to as jameaters.
If you worked in the pits then you will appreciate that!

Well that's one side of the story Westerner. My grandad ( who was a miner as was my dad) told me a different one. But this could drag on for years arguing about it. I suppose you worked down the pit given your comments.
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#10 Monkeydo

Monkeydo
  • Coach
  • 512 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:05 PM

And another jam troll winds his neck up......:). Must be on the drink

#11 westerner

westerner
  • Players
  • 82 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:09 PM

And another jam troll winds his neck up...... :). Must be on the drink

Well you don't sound old enough to know about coal mines--now go away son there's men talking

#12 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:38 PM

Well you don't sound old enough to know about coal mines--now go away son there's men talking

And you sound mature???
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#13 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 856 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:04 PM

Well Westerner my gandad worked at LOWCA pit also my dad and 2 brothers. that must give you a clue as to my age. I can also remember the gant try at harrington where we used to collect the coal that we called RATTLER that shot out of the fire at you.what are your memory of the pits or are you not old enough to know.

#14 westerner

westerner
  • Players
  • 82 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:16 PM

Well Westerner my gandad worked at LOWCA pit also my dad and 2 brothers. that must give you a clue as to my age. I can also remember the gant try at harrington where we used to collect the coal that we called RATTLER that shot out of the fire at you.what are your memory of the pits or are you not old enough to know.

Hi Abu, I went to the pit straight from school in 1962 with my Dad mainly at Haig but I "retired" to bnfl in 1986 when Haig was finally put to bed. Got to say there was more than me with unashamed tears rolling down my face including many from the Highside. My Dad was long time dead by then but I'm sure he would have been wiping the salt water away too!

#15 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 856 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:00 PM

We are getting right of the thread now but when the german submarine came up at lowca and fired a shell it when,t through my grandads house at number 1 croft terrace.That was intended for the coke ovens.

#16 Monkeydo

Monkeydo
  • Coach
  • 512 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:37 PM

Get yourself on google (you know? That place on your computer box thing that tells you stuff when you ask it) and have a look at what a troll is, you seem to fit that description just right, even if you are one or two hundred years older than the average internet troll. I would've thought a 'man' of your advancing years would have grown up enough to not come across as a bit of a plonker, clearly things happen a bit slower on the other side

Back on topic....the kick off time has been changed on the board outside the ground

#17 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:49 PM

Certainly be interesting to see how many games go ahead tomorrow . Few clubs might not try to hard with busy Easter ahead . Or maybe I'm cynical !!

#18 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 856 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:13 PM

I just think looking at the forecast for tonight what the big difference is going to be at 7 in the morning from tonight are they expecting a big thaw over night. From what i have been told from some one that as seen the pictures of the pitch it is deep in snow.

#19 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 856 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:32 PM

JUST to let fellow posters no the name ABU is the name on my fishing rods and reels as i have a feeling that some of the posters think that i come from some foreign land?. born at harrington and can remember six double decker buses leaving victoria square to go to the match now thats a long way back.

#20 Nero

Nero
  • Coach
  • 718 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:11 AM

What's a double decker bus Granda? :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users